Oneshot Gift

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Mifeln, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much once you get the gift of immortality, you will hate it once... but maybe... maybe once you find someone you never wanted to let go, then you will continue living through it to find that person again.

Meeting her for the first time was the most precious gift that I got. A gift that I treasured for as long as she lives, a gift that I wanted to be with forever.

She was the one that I never wanted to let go even for a second.

“I was so glad that I met you, you know. You made me feel like I was so special even when I’m just a blind girl that time.”

Saying those words as she held my hand tightly, I let her rest as she leans on my shoulder. A feeling that I was so happy that I experienced.

Just watching her with her eyes closed and smiling as the both of us relaxes, that was the time that I never wanted to pass.

“You know… I really wanted… to stay…”

Holding my hand weakly, I sit beside her bed. Not leaving or letting her hand go even for a second. I never wanted to.

A thin hand, a hand that is full of signs of old age and being near her death. A scene that I never wanted to experience again.

“I… I really… envy of your immortality… I envy it so bad… I want to stay beside you… forever.”

Crying as I hold her thin hand, I hug her as she slowly stops breathing.

Feeling the sadness of losing someone, I started hating being an immortal being. A being that should have been the best thing became the most hateful thing.

A being that will never be able to be with his most beloved person no matter what happens.

Watching the sky as I hug her under the tree.

Looking at me and showing the smile, I can’t help but kiss her forehead.

Smiling brightly, she takes out a book and writes something.

‘I am so happy! Being with you, staying with you… I REALLY AM LUCKY!!!’

Reading those words, I can’t help but hug her tightly. A hug that I never wanted to let go, a moment that I never wanted to pass by.

She was the gift that I wanted, a gift that I wanted to protect so much. The gift that disappeared from me once, a gift that I never wanted to disappear once more.

Sitting on a bench in front of a white building, we watch the flowers as I feel her head rest on my shoulder.

A bony hand, as thin as I can remember from the time that she disappeared.

Feeling the desperation, I never left her. I held her as tight as I can, not wasting any second with her. Words that begged her to never leave me comes out of my mouth.

Writing something on my arm, I already know what she wrote.

‘Don’t be sad… I’ll always be with you, so please don’t be sad! You are the reason why I was so happy through my whole life!’

Just knowing those words, tears that I held back started pouring. I wanted to be with her, I don’t want to lose her again.

‘Stop crying. I want you to smile you know. The smile that you always showed me when we’re together.’

Stopping myself from crying, I kiss her wrinkly forehead. With an old face, her bright smile never disappeared, a smile that I always wanted to see every day.

“I’ll find you… I will search for you even if millions of years pass by… Just wait for me… I’ll find you again.”

Whispering those words to her, her smile grows brighter. The last smile that she was able to do as she loses life beside me.

Remembering those times, I continue to watch the sky, a sky full of stars that lights it making me see a beautiful scene.

“You’re always watching the star around this time huh… I’m surprised you’re not getting bored… well not like I can differentiate myself.”

Sitting beside me while wearing a thick coat. I look to my side to see a girl smile as she sips her beverage.

A smile that I will never be able to forget no matter how many times she disappear… a smile that was engraved to my mind.

The smile of the person that I thought of as a gift… a precious gift that was given to my never ending life.

A gift that I will search no matter how long it takes, no matter how many times it takes, no matter how many times I get hurt. The gift that I will never let go no matter how many times she disappear in front of me.

Drunk2nLink likes this.
  2. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, now that a well written scene.

Zomula likes this.
  3. Drunk2nLink

Drunk2nLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well written

As for immortality, i do kinda want one coupled with instant regeneration then i'll collect wealth and books.
    Doin charity here and there.
    Adopt here and there
    And watch them fade away.

5. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud 蝶のようにここまで

Reading List:
    Link
    Great story... The thing that's sad being an immortal by yourself is that there will be no permanent person to accompany you. The mortals have limited life spans.