Discussion Given a chance of your lifetime, shall you save or continue?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jan 18, 2019.

?

Accept or reject the Demon King's Superior offer?

1. Accept!

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Reject!

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a simple test of character. You are the protagonist, and I'm the side character in your story. I shall offer you the standard transmigration procedure to another world, except the setting shall be the hero must vanquish the demon king. Your soul shall be branded with the insignia of the hero, enabling you the perks of living a hero's tale, including the tragedies that come with it.

Now, time skip, you can imagine what can of life you had in this new world of (it can be any type of world), but there is only one problem to us. You are struggling to make a choice that shall irreversibly changed the destiny of myriad worlds. You are filled with regrets for yourself or some people you had met, and now the finale is close. You are close to vanquishing the demon king, but you are given by the demon king's superior a chance of your lifetime, like ours, except the conditions offered are far better, as long you don't kill the demon king or aligned yourself to their side of this war.

Accepting the offer, shall save everyone you cared or know in this world from their tragic fates, but rejecting it, shall continue your destiny as the hero, which is vanquishing the demon king, and severing karma, breaking fate, and destroying reincarnation for the greater benefit of the infinite multi-variant universes.

What shall be your decision? Accept or Reject?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Often times we forget that actual experience is very different than fiction. I am having a fairly good life right now, I do not need drama in my life. Putting my life on the line for others? Sorry, I'm not a Saint. I reject it.

Arie Sun, Westeller, Cosmic_ and 5 others like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll go with the better offer (the demon king's, that is). I mean, the only reason I'd have accepted the initial offer of becoming a hero is to, as u put it, enjoy the perks that come with it. I have a mercenary mindset, and I'm not going to be the least bit apologetic about it.

4. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Demon King is a big breasted red hair lady, sorry humanity. Gimme BIG harem :blobnosebleed:

I'd rather not save humanity, considering there isn't any incentives.

5. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Finish the job and kill the Demon King. Making another deal is troublesome.

Lazriser likes this.
  6. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, very good. You reject the nonsensical theatrics of the gods, and decided to continue your predestined end. You shall vanquish the demon king, and die with the choices that makeup who you are until the end of your time. You don't doubt yourself, and move forward to the future; regardless of whether your'e right or wrong.
    You accepted the offer, and did not vanquish the Demon King. You, now lived in your own paradise, but the consequences of your actions, shall be later known, as the greatest mistake, you shall ever commit. Be happy, your life is now better, and you will not regret your decision, even at the cost of the entirety of the cosmos.
    Same reply to @otaku31 to you. Humanity will not die, no, humanity shall be saved with your decision, in fact.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Breast Red Haired Beautiful Demon King and a beautiful black haired demon maid as a compensation? "Become Mine, Hero!" "Sure, Why not?" (I want to escape the incoming economy lecture)

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Was that Demon King's horn removable or something along those lines?

9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A pity, that. Us humans never seem to be up to any good.

Master likes this.
  10. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    You see, accepting would mean continuing the current state of your new world, and all interconnected worlds. That is, there will be always be duality in all creation. Should you had rejected the offer, the world will be saved, but not humanity. Rejecting would make you an eternal defender against the source of everything chaotic. You will be forced to protect worlds that have potential heroes in-making, but the final test would be either you accept destiny or reject it. By accepting the demon king's superior offer, you had rejected destiny, therefore with all the benefits you gained with the offer, there will be an equivalent losses to equalize it. You shall be a target of extermination by your former allies; there shall be eternal defenders seeking your nonexistence to reclaim the insignia in you. This is an eternal war to make it eternal or end it finally; and you decided to make it eternal.

11. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends a lot on the people i've met in the new world, what i've done and the Demon Lord themself.

But if there's one thing nature seeks, it's balance. Let's take the Force as an example. It or Fate will shape whoever's necessary to maintain balance, because it doesn't care about good or evil, light or dark, it cares about balance. When one side grows stronger, it will inevitable do something to strengthen the other side. The example most people probably would know of is Anakin. Who had so many midichlorians, he was thought to have been conceived by the Force. And what does he do ? He's very responsible for eliminating most of the Jedi Order (if Anakin hadn't made his choice, Palpatine hadn't survived to issue order 66, and it was a choice he had). Thus eliminating the large advantage Light had.

Then history. If there are no external enemies to fight, then people will fight internally. What you can do is limit the type of war that is fought. Instead of wholesale massacres, make it more of an honor/pride/victory thing. If they don't accept the rules, wipe them out. Sooner or later, you'll have people accepting your new rules of warfare.

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I always like the prequels, because Anakin Skywalker did indeed, restore balance to the Force, albeit the cost was too high.

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I would easily reject it, defeat the demon king and become the demon king! There is only enough room for 1 demon king in this world!

14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Third option. Become hero,then immediately kill all human royalty, enslave others. Kill the demon king and again enslave others. Kill the god, take his power.
    Go back to your world to once more enslave others.
    Repeat.

Meloman likes this.
  15. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll do whatever benefits the most. it's called being realistic.
    people never remember the good, only the bad.

otaku31 likes this.
  16. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A pretty pitiful hero that can do all that but can't manage to save a few people in front of him. Pfft. I think I'd be too depressed to fight the demon king or whatever. 'n screw the other offer. I'll just hang out in a tavern until the end of the world.

reagents 11 and Lazriser like this.
  17. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the option to become a Demon King yourself?

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    You becoming the demon king, would just summon another hero to vanquish you, and reclaim the insignia in you. So you're technically accepting their offer by vanquishing the demon king... to become the new demon king.
    You're already the hero, and you can kill anyone you "can", as long you kill the demon king, without becoming a demon king yourself. You can't kill the "god", because the "god's" power is already yours, being the hero. To kill the "god", would be equivalent to "killing" every existence in the infinite multi-variant universes.
    Then you accepted the demon king's Superior offer.
    Oh~ you're good, making a loophole out of the contract as a hero, only if the demon king's forces don't seek your death, or destroy human civilization before you can idle around.
    It's already there, by vanquishing the demon king, you are technically accepting their offer, which is joining their side of this war. Thus, a new hero is summoned to your world to vanquish you, the new demon king, in the effort to reclaim the insignia in you along with the original mission to vanquish the forces of that enemy side.

19. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    sound about right... KILL EVERYONE

20. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends, heroes are people who selflessly sacrifice themselves for good of all for very little gain, the perks are just becoming extremely powerful in the long run, OR dying a dog's death in a ditch and being forgotten.
    So the thing would be, if the demon King's offer would rid me of the hero's brand, and wouldn't brand me with their brand, I'd jump for it in a heartbeat.

If it would make me their hero though, I'd still accept, stab him in the back, and cause as much chaos as possible before someone puts me down, because at that point I'd likely be at a breaking point and end up going mad(der?) over it all.