Spoiler GO AWAY! ROMEO!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lostross, Jan 11, 2023.

1. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This. I think lots of og Shakespeare fans are pissed because they ruined the integrity of Rosalind. Despite having a small part, she was beloved by many and this version ruined it for them.

2. torte1315

torte1315 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly really loved gnomeo and juliet! that whole montage of them while hello hello by elton john and lady gaga was playing over the scene was so cute!

3. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, seeing debates like this reminds me of the thread for "I want to be you, just for a day"

beazacha likes this.
  4. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fr the comments there allow me to see more drama than I'll ever in my entire life. Like it's so toxic with people blaming the character, the storyline, the author and the opinion others have about the ships they're rooting for.

5. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting storyline so far excited to read what happens next. is Romeo the villain of the story? seems like he has this mean side to him

6. kellyyuu

kellyyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I donna wanna be that kind of person but if you want to the story to be like this and that then you should just write your own story. This is fiction so the author can write whatever they want. If this og mc become evil trope has become boring to you then simply just read other manhwa. There's a lot out there. And tbh i don't see anything wrong with roseline's character. I don't see anything "too much" about her

zozoshawky and Charlotteoxford like this.
  7. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that people react to the story and spoilers or whatever, but to see a whole spoiler thread being dominated by discussions rather than spoilers is...

Isn't there a Latest Chapter Discussion for you guys? This is the spoiler thread, not a discussion thread.

IsaacaHawke, Eva832 and beazacha like this.
  8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

We don't really need a spoiler thread either since this is an original English webtoon

Spoilers don't exist for it so people discuss

9. MariaAthenaKYu

MariaAthenaKYu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not
    Not Really... I am a Shakespeare fan, but I hated Romeo and Juliet... Frankly, I preferred this than the original. It's a story of motherhood, of the struggle of being a single mom in a prominent family where and when everybody would rather marry you off and separated from your kid if you are deemed useless... I found the original Romeo and Juliet annoying and frustrating (I mean hell it made me realize even further how annoying Romeo is)... They maybe kids, but by God I thought they will be taught enough as descendants of prominent families (which as far as I know teach them to be adults at such a young age, no concept of teen-dom. The minute you get period, boom! Adulthood)... I just hated it how they can't be smart about it... Do they really have to go offing themselves? I like this take better as kids back then have to act like adults and beyond their age at that time. They may not be able to do so all the time, but they are trained to do so (with kids as young as 13 leading countries, and the son of King Henry, Edward, still managing to rule a country until he died at 15)... Knowing half as much of history led me to be quite disappointed of how illogically passion-filled these 2 are to the point of impulsivity... They could have just had Juliet run away and then fake her death with Romeo's knowledge (Like better planning coordination please)... I can go on and on... How much I hated this play... I'd rather have Henry the VI or the Tempest or Merry Wives of Windsor than this illogical farce!!!

zozoshawky likes this.
  10. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? Even if this is an original webtoon, it doesn't mean that people will automatically read that webtoon.

There are plenty of people who go to the spoiler thread to check the spoilers first (whether it's a novel or as you said, an English webtoon) to see if it's worth reading.

That's what the spoilers thread is for. To spoil something that others haven't read yet.

The latest chapter discussion thread is where the actual lengthy discussions should take place.

I just wish the admins would be stricter about this, since there is an actual thread here for discussions.

Elliana, IsaacaHawke, Eva832 and 3 others like this.
  11. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

The mods already said we can discuss spoilers here so idk what you want them to do

StrangeMoon and kellyyuu like this.
  12. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Rosaline was pretty stupid and irresponsible as well for sleeping with her family's enemy. Especially as an unmarried lady in those times, which she's precisely taught not to do and then naturally faces discrimination for it.
    Romeo is obviously a capricious a-hole, but if Rosaline had some brains she wouldn't have gotten fooled.
    The biggest victim is their child who reaps all the consequences of his parents' irresponsible and thoughtless behaviour.

lostross and zozoshawky like this.
  13. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    I am going to choose to believe a 21st century teenager girl reincarnated into rosalines body

Hence the very ooc decision making

IsaacaHawke likes this.
  14. Charlotteoxford

Charlotteoxford Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it was stupid and irresponsible of her but she was a young foolish teenager.
    She didn't understand the responsibility of her family or the hatred the Capulet and Montague family had for each other. She knew herself that their romance would be short but passionate.

Besides the heart wants what the heart wants. Regardless of their family fued, she loved Romeo and took a risk. It was stupid but it wasn't something we could fault her for. Tons of people love something they can never have, forbidden romance is in its own way a pleasure for others.

lostross and Naenia like this.
  15. EvilSavior

EvilSavior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone of you here have advanced read chapters 23, 24, and 25 of Go Away, Romeo..? Can anyone please spoil me of what's happening on those chapters..? Thank you...

Has anyone of you have advanced read chapters 23, 24, and 25 of Go Away, Romeo? Can anyone please spoil me of what's happening on those chapters? Thank you...

16. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever read the original story, the whole story is stupid. Romeo and juliet met once and next thing you know they claim it's true love and go on to commit joint suicide. Yeah Rosaline made 1 dumb mistake but she's been doing her best to correct that mistake and be responsible parent.

17. Jenine

Jenine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I check tiktok for some spoilers cuz webtoon is kinda expensive for the next 3 chapter (22, 23, 24) is just the ball and celebrating the fact that Romeo and Juliet are apparently not dead or undead i don't know just as the prince said it would be quite amusing if it wasn't disturbing, I dunno why no one is running there asses home I would if some weird reason someone is resurrected... So basically there was shock a bit of bickering then they dance (romeo and juliet) (paris and rosaline then prince and rosaline) and bickering again that's all I know

Honestly i love Romeo and Juliet growing up rewatched it so many time, but then I got older and found it quite disturbing... Juliet kinda goes with the Disney princesses vibe, did her parents not tell her "not to marry a man u just met that day?" i dunno paris was never at fault but killed anyway. The assistant priest was suppose to send the news of the fake death to Romeo but didn't. And romeo was suppose to be inlove with the rosaline but surprise surprise it only took a pretty looking underage girl to get his mouth watering again. Although, out of all people in that story, people get disturbed by paris' age, his not that old. 10 yes gap is not that long, which i don't mind since its supposed to be like that at that time, some even older ones, paris is already in the young ones just 10 years. I dunno i like this novel cuz it doesn't center on those two sack of shit falling in love to fast dying too young, good for them what ever fleeting there love is or whatever that kind of love is. This novel has a slow pace in showing the attraction between paris and rosaline it's not in a rush nor is it desperate in love it's how a single mother would go through anything to give her child the best life she can give with out marrying a man, although a long the way she probably would get married, but there's bound to be courtships, dates, a proposal and a wedding worth attending. Well what I'm saying its not a marriage out of impulse and just physical attraction that's all

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    lostross likes this.
  18. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So i read until ch 24
    So romeo and Juliet just walk in after being death all this time, and the high priest just tell everyone that is miracle.

Tyblat apparently working together with romeo and mertucio
    And look like mertucio is quite animosity to rosaline (i wonder why?)

I feel like the plot is kind of weird with how the priest just announced at ballroom party, surprise2 who is not dead everyone??? Romeo and Juliet, let's celebrate for the miracle and everyone just yay okay all right
    It's doesn't make any sense -_-

Oh i forgot but on ch 24 rosaline dance both with paris and the prince, and everyone think that rosaline just power hunger

And does tybalt really betray rosaline? I presume tybalt know that mino is Romeo's son, and yet if he did, that second hand diluc need to get out from rosaline's life

You're right it's takes two people to tango, but the rice already become porridge,this could be a wake up call for rosaline to clearly thinking twice before making any decision

And she need to sue romeo as well and get a child support at least

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    DOHere, Naenia, Tt123 and 1 other person like this.
  19. EvilSavior

EvilSavior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone of you have advanced read chapters 23, 24, and 25 of Go Away, Romeo? Can anyone please spoil me of
    Thank you for the spoilers.. To be honest while reading I had this thought if i was in Roseline's position i will DEFINITELY punch Romeo in face until his unrecognizable... Pretending to be dead for years like nothing.. Not to mention she cried her eyes out for his so called death.. Then all of sudden appearing out of nowhere again alive and embracing Juliet.. Like boom slap in my face saying your nothing... I WILL MURDER HIM.. DEFINITELY MURDER HIM... AND WISHING TO HIMSELF THAT HE SHOULD HAVE DIED THAT TIME...

lostross and Naenia like this.
  20. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler.
    I'm honestly gonna be mad and drop this if it makes no sense.
    I expected Juliet to be bashed after ppl find out she eloped with Romeo and her father even blamed the innocent Count Paris for her supposed suicide.
    Who tf would believe they died and came back to life?:blobpoliceangry:

river.wyles and lostross like this.