God and Devil World Dropped

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by kkile57, Nov 8, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the novel racist? I have not read it, so if anyone could explain to me...That would be great

qwerty likes this.
  2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Balance Between Good and Evil - TV Tropes
    Good Needs Evil - TV Tropes

qwerty likes this.
  3. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the lastest chapters portrayed 3 japanese envoys as rapists (in a world where mostly everyone is a rapist) and that they where conniving (again in a world where almost everyone is).

qwerty likes this.
  4. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the chinese dislike the Japanese people for some reason and for whatever reason authors will always make them seem like villians and all that jazz if they put them in their novel, so I'm assuming he made them show up in the novel and the MC talked a ton of shit about their race or something.
    But like I said vice versa, the JP novels are just more classy about their racism. lol.

qwerty and Satan like this.
  5. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Is not even that bad as far as the author has translated just 3 characters acting exactly like 50 other characters have acted before and not even as severe.

qwerty likes this.
  6. daggerincoat

daggerincoat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if the author have no tolerance in racism he shouldn't translate modern time or history Chinese novel at all, nearly 75% author hate Japanese and Korean for some reason. When Chinese author write about Japanese or Korean they put really harsh word like they call Japanese imp, dwarf, dog and they call Korean word have meaning nearly like slave, prostitute(bitch). If that translator is Korean or Japanese or experience some form of racism I can understand why he dropped this. But I really hope that some translator that not Japanese or Korean and have a lot of tolerance in racism will pick it up

qwerty likes this.
  7. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not as bad with KR to be honest, you see it mostly with JP. And its not the author it's the translator. But CN novels are hard in general, they call motherless daughters sluts. It's just the way these authors are -shrug- Researching a culture's literature before translating it is usually good.. oh well imma step out now and just relax and drink my beers today.

qwerty likes this.
  8. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Does somebody else than me feel like this has something to do with history ...and war?

9. lachy

lachy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't find it racist. The Japanese characters do terrible things but It's not as if the author is putting the Chinese on a moral pedestal. One of the themes of the novel is that everyone's morality is being corrupted. Even the mc is not immune to this as he's become more ruthless over time.

Aicila and CDLevit like this.
  10. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lachiel...with time that so called reason will be lost. And when it will dissapear there will be a rule withouth consideration for subjects. All thst stuff about ancestors, family and whatnot.

qwerty likes this.
  11. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, the translator should of expected this, It's bound to happen when the novel becomes a world wide scale.. that and it's pretty much granted in CN,JP,CN novels at this point. -shrug- still not endoring racism! It's bad mkaaay?

qwerty and Raphael like this.
  12. bloomsburyhouse

bloomsburyhouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it has everything to do with ww2 and the japanese invasion. it's sort of like when the soviet union fought through the baltics into germany-- the majority of the massive army wasn't made up of professional soldiers and in order to keep discipline they were allowed to loot and rape all they wanted. for japan and china the most infamous case is the rape of nanking.

in china, esp. in the large commercial cities like shanghai, there is a large prostitution industry, and apparently japanese people often ask for weird shit (don't ask me how I know that). and the author of god and devil world mentions in the recent chapters (150~) the overemphasis on protecting foreigners over mainland nationals, which just pushes all the chinese people more together against the foreigners (though white people are usually accepted)

13. bloomsburyhouse

bloomsburyhouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, in the recent chapter they have a stereotypical bad guy japanese dude whose subordinates kidnap a woman to rape her (though that's actually not that out-of-the-norm in the novel cause a bunch of chinese guys do similar or worse things). Anyway, there is a sort of narrative/commentary by the MC about how japanese dogs are invading the land and the government is protecting them etc. etc.

qwerty and Satan like this.
  14. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I must ask I really really reaaaaaaaaally want to know how you came to that piece of info.

Zone Q11 and qwerty like this.
  15. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    This pretty much. Like I said It's pretty strong with these two countries. Idk why people think otherwise.
    -shrug- You see the same in HL&BT or w/e the land lord and beautiful tenants

16. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
  17. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    qwerty likes this.
  18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    .. both of those links don't work.. and why are you singling me out? =P There's history to it all and I'm just saying the racism was bound to happen in the novel.

19. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    you're easy to remember and you've saied something about two countries. Ok, search on youtube ,,living with South's Africa 'corrective rape' culture" by Journeyman Pictures

qwerty likes this.
  20. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    So back to the dropped story. Does anyone know a translation group or person who may be interested in picking this story up so I can know where to look for updates and maybe point the story out to them if anyone is personally acquainted with them?

qwerty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.