LCD God of Tennis

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter is too amazing. I really love his development when he faced insurmountable odds. Well, I hope someday he can turn the system's GUI and face his rival. Does he wish to win in this chapter? I could feel his willingness to fight and persevere, but not to win. Anyway, great chapter.

Pineapple Soda likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C5.3: "HP 640/1920 SP 35/410" To me, this doesn't say "give up." It says, "You still have plenty of fight in you."

I wonder if he knows Sparrow well enough to fake it and use a different serve.

C6.1: They actually give out cash prizes for the test league? Just how badly does the owner want to burn through his entire fortune?

I wonder why the system doesn't give him anything when he loses, regardless of how well he played. Honestly, with the way it seems to work, his best bet is to just slaughter lower ranked players one after another until his skills/stats are higher than his rival's.

3. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Later the system reduces rewards for winning against inferior players and repeating accomplishments to almost nothing. So it forces him to continue fighting those near or above his level.

So for example
    After he wins an ATP Challenger tournament he gets almost no experience for playing in the Challenger series, so he has to keep moving up to ATP 250 and beyond.

From a plot perspective it's good that he can't just grind experience in a low level area like a JRPG, it just feels a bit too convenient sometimes.

Fi likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @bob3002 Yeah, I pretty much figured that that was how it worked, but since he gets nothing if he loses, it's still more efficient to always aim for people slightly weaker than himself. Of course, since this isn't a game and his opponents aren't infinitely respawning, aiming for people slightly stronger than himself is also a good idea. It's just the people much stronger than himself that he should avoid like the plague. The cost of competing is massive, the odds of winning minuscule, and the rewards are totally not worth it, assuming he gets any rewards at all.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If CYH was actually poor, the press would have mentioned it. He's either middle class, or he just likes wearing those clothes. Just because you're rich, it doesn't mean you have to wear nice clothes all the time.

Why does he care so much about CYH? Just because CYH is getting stronger, it doesn't mean that he himself is becoming weaker. He doesn't need to beat CYH in order to be a successful pro. He only needs to beat him if he wants to be number 1 in the world, or they both wind up in the same tournament, which isn't likely to happen any time soon. Also, regardless of how fast CYH grows, he doesn't have the system. He'll definitely be growing slower than the MC so long as the MC keeps trying to grow.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The coach just said that he was a seeded player and wouldn't need to go through the prelims, so why is he telling him to train for a game in Seogwipo if only the prelims are going to be held there?

I wonder if she's his love interest or if they'll manage to keep it a purely professional relationship.

7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out this was written by the same author as the one who wrote The Book Eating Magician. Thanks @number 999 ! Blew my mind!:blob_grin:

number 999 likes this.
  8. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still, The release speed is annoying -_-

9. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Came for Prince of Tennis

10. turbinz

turbinz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I find the mtl?

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Was this dropped? I was thinking of translating a football(association football) system novel last year.
    Is this any good? The author seems to not know a lot about tennis
    I recall that the author of Slam Dunk also admitted that any sports would have done.
    It helped that the protagonist was a novice in basketball
    This is supposed to be a pro for over 10 years...:facepalm:
    I will see about translating the football system novel