Spoiler Goddess of Healing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kawaii12345, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 115 - 118

Uh ML fiance and the prince are planning to take out ML and FL way earlier than expected. They plot a rebellion using their people but made it seem like ML was plotting this. Thus he was captured and was on stage for execution or trial. FL is still in prison. Don't understand the raws much, but someone comes in and gives her a seal (not the typical jade one, but a gold one I'm assuming it's from the Imperial family) but she hands it off to one of her trusted men who gives it to FLs mothers new love interest who happens to stop MLs execution using the seal. I'm not too sure though if that alone clears ML but it does stop the public execution/trial stuff going on.

Also the trash sister is still a lady in the house, idk how since the mother is reduced to a maid. Her mother gets beat on by the new lady a lot and the trash ex-husband pretends not to notice. I think he still likes that trash woman. Beads of sweat rolling on the side of his face when she looks at him. Idk i hope this whole family burns to the ground.

2. omgsijin

omgsijin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers <3 does manhua have a novel counterpart?

3. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately not. I couldn't find one. If it had i would have maaad spoiled this thread :blobpensive:

4. omgsijin

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that's too bad :blobcry: i thought it's one of those manhua with different novel name. this one is so good because the ML is decent, the MC is level-headed and they both have healthy relationship with each other. with satisfying faceslapping. hope someone pick this up again:blobupset:

marumara and Lilpriestess like this.
  5. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Around these chapters ML decides to marry the fiance (who is lovers with the prince) FL is upset. I think he feels guilty or w/e letting her be in prison & almost killed. I dont think he knows Prince & fiance are trying to kill them anyway. She goes to his place to confront him but pushes her away. She leaves in the rain, some guy goes to help her/ give her an umbrella and ML sees this & becomes upset

Momiji16, yana5656, Yume-sama and 2 others like this.
  6. alqariyah

alqariyah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh lord lol. Thank you for the spoiler!

7. maggiesaus

maggiesaus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just binged the available series' raws and my Chinese is the level of a 5th grader's at best BUT
    to clarify some things - the ML was being sentenced to death as mentioned before, and the FL was accused of poisoning the dowager empress who died. It turns out it was Princess Bao Yang (bratty princess in love with ML) who poisoned her own grandmother so that she wouldn't be sent abroad to marry their prince. Princess Bao Yang was given the idea by the ML fiancee to do so. Previously FL had given the princess something that made her face swell up for 3 months to delay the marriage talks.

Before being brought into the palace to be a palace doctor, FL told ML, "Would you believe me if I said that you couldn't trust the 4th prince and the fiancee?" She didn't get a chance to elaborate at this moment. That was when ML, who was looking into the background of the young boy he saved from the unconscious adoptive father, found out that the assassins who went after that adoptive father were sent by the 4th prince. The next time ML and FL talked about this, FL told him about seeing the 4th prince and FL together having a tryst in the Buddhist temple. ML now knows.

There was a random monk? official? who was wandering kinda drunk on the streets when he saw FL and something about two strands? fate? unsure how to describe it but he saw that she had a cut off fate and a second strand. It confused him but we know that it's her second chance at living this life. The next time he saw her, he gave her a special incense as a token of "oh you're that interesting girl I saw!" and she lit it in the Buddhist temple where she previously met the ML fiancee. That was where the incense showed her previous life having given the jade pendant the ML fiancee dropped back to her, running into the 4th prince and her tryst, and causing the 4th prince to need FL to die. The 4th prince in that previous life then said, I don't even have to do anything, and met with the concubine sister Wan'er to take over and ruin FL's life. So basically FL realizes that her misfortunes in her previous life were caused by Wan'er and her concubine mother, but the mastermind was the 4th prince and ML fiancee by association. She had passed out while dreaming this in the temple, and ML showed up and was holding her. She told him she had a really scary nightmare where she died, and ML said he'd protect her.

The gold seal that was given to FL is the "avoid death penalty" seal that the ML had given her earlier in the story. The 4th prince and the ML fiancee scheming together had known she had this, and made it so that she would have to pick to save either herself or ML using the avoid death penalty seal. Either way if one of them dies, 4th prince and ML fiancee gain something - ML loses his army as a general either way, ML dies, or ML suffers because FL dies. FL ended up giving it to A-Li who is now a young master of a noble family (he returned to his family that the main wife kicked him out of) to give to the King (half brother of emperor) to save ML. FL believed that ML would save her. He found the divine doctor who got permission to inter the dowager empress' grave to look at her body, discovering the poison used and saving FL. She is introduced as his disciple to the emperor.

Another thing going on is that the little boy whose adoptive father the FL had helped regain consciousness before passing away - he looks just like a royal prince. ML who is taking care of the boy thought he was the son of the emperor's older brother - the previous crown prince - who died in an "accident." ML set it up so that the King, who was close to that crown prince, saw the boy so they had a conversation. Turns out the young boy didn't look like the previous crown prince, and the King warned that if ML actually liked the FL, he would best stay away from her, implying politics. The King knew a lot more but wouldn't say anything. After the ML/FL death penalty part, the divine doctor told ML that his father is in a coma for a reason - the previous general was skeptical about the previous crown prince's death, so looked into it only to fall into a coma while doing so. ML was shocked as to what that meant but the divine doctor said - do you remember what happened after the crown prince's "accidental" death? The current emperor was "devastated" and took revenge on the people who were "involved in the death" including previous royals and nobles who were supportive of the crown prince. This is how the ML realized that the true enemy of the Lin family was the current emperor, and that if the FL helps awaken his father, then the emperor would eradicate the Lin family because of the father knowing about the secrets. So being in a coma is protecting the Lin family, and if ML marries FL, then she would get implicated and forced to die if the Lin family is destroyed. That is why the ML asks the emperor to choose a wife for him, and the emperor chooses the ML fiancee from before. The 4th prince takes the opportunity to visit ML and say, since you're taking a wife I should also consider it, FL is pretty smart, how about I take FL as a consort? (Not even worth a main wife, bitch?) Up until chapter 132 ML has yet to explain what's going on to FL when she confronts him about this, saying cold things like, did I ever say I liked you? BS. The ML thinks about the information the divine doctor gave him - the 4th prince is the one who is trying to kill the young boy, not the emperor, could it be the young boy is a royal grandchild of the current emperor? The son of one of the older princes?

Regarding other people - the sister seduces the Peng young lord and gets pregnant, which forces the Peng matriarch to accept Wan'er into the family. However, the matriarch was like, you can be a lowly concubine or you can gtfo, which makes Wan'er mad af but this is what you get when you try to mooch off people! The concubine mother is now suffering at the hands of the new Su main wife, who physically slaps and throws things at her.

If there are any specific questions I can try to answer or specific chapters you're interested, let me know!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  8. omgsijin

Reading List:
    Link

thank you for the spoiler! please continue spoiling us in the future

:blob_pompom:

CherryB and Pamtiur like this.
  9. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We continue with 4th prince saying how FL should be his consort, and so she might as well be called ML's sister in law.
    After the 4th prince leaves, one of ML's attendants asks what he's going to do, and ML curses out 4th prince.
    4th prince in his carriage: "I'd like to see how you continue to pretend"

Princess Bao Yang is locked up. Three days later, FL is asked to enter the palace suddenly. Mother and FL have no idea what it's about. The maid asks if they should ask the minister (who has a crush on mother) to see if he knows what it's for, the mother says while blushing that we can't ask him for every little thing. FL assumes it's the clinic business, though she thinks to herself how something must be up because she was asked to go into the palace by the empress and the 4th prince. And yep, it's to ask her to be consort for 4th prince. Empress is like, since 4th prince personally came to ask me, I can't say no... And FL is real annoyed that they're even meddling in her personal (marriage) matters.
    FL gets saved by the divine doctor who "berates" his student for "hiding away by the empress" such that he can't find her.

10. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We start with 4th prince asking what the divine doctor is doing, and divine doctor replies that Sujiu is his disciple as approved by the emperor, and being his disciple means that within 5 years she can't marry/leave her household to focus on studying. "It's a royal decree!" Empress and 4th prince have nothing else to say, and Sujiu is relieved.
    Sujiu asks divine doctor how he knew to come, and he replies with a non-answer: "This divine doctor is capable!" But we see in a flashback that ML talked to divine doctor. Divine doctor leaves to do his business and FL is able to leave the palace. Sujiu thinks divine doctor isn't telling her something, but she sighs and goes on her way. Cue tense moment when FL and ML look at each other on the path haha. FL thinks to herself after, wondering why he is entering the palace.
    Flashback to ML telling her that he's about to take a wife, and for her not to visit him anymore as a result. FL thinks to herself that ML is acting sus, and it feels like he's trying to push her away for some reason.
    ML's attendant reports that a medicine for Sujiu has been delivered - for her cold. Attendant is like, she's a doctor herself, sending medicine is clearly the action of someone who cares yet he's trying so hard to act like he doesn't care. Attendant asks ML why the emperor called him in today, and ML says Princess Baoyang is still being sent to Yan country to be married off. Attendant is surprised because of Baoyang's situation having poisoned the empress dowager (grandmother). ML is like yeah, looks like the emperor is scared/afraid of Yan country.
    We then go to Baoyang's imprisonment room, and she's throwing a tantrum throwing dishes and stuff, saying something like, "I've become like this and his majesty is still sending me to be married off. Even if I die I refuse to be married off!" She's bleeding when she cries, "4th prince... royal grandmother... someone please save me."

Someone in the Chinese comments was like, "You killed your grandmother, and you're asking her to help? Go die!"

11. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We open with an adviser talking to the emperor about Princess Baoyang's marriage with Yan Country still happening. The minister is like, everything is prepared, it's just that the princess is.... to which the emperor responds, don't worry/forget about her. The adviser asks if this really will improve relations, and the emperor responds back, what else is there to do? I think the emperor says that the country is low on funds/resources (so they can't sustain a war) and even more, he refuses to have an opportunity for Linyue (ML) to have control over troops ( :blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused:).

We shift to FL Sujiu two days later, who is just thinking to herself how ML has pretty much disappeared and FL has returned to her own clinic after the empress dowager's death was resolved. FL hears from her maid that people are buzzing in the streets about how Princess Baoyang is getting married in three days and that the Yan Country officials are already here. FL is alarmed that Princess Baoyang is still engaged even after the empress dowager situation, so she thinks there must be some more important reason for it to still go through.

We shift to ML and his attendant who mentions that the princess' engagement was moved sooner even more. ML says that Yan country coming early like this is a show of their strength (not sure, I think this means that the discourtesy of showing up early yet being accommodated means that they're impressive to the point that this annoyance has to be overlooked?). ML says, it seems that the current political situation is even more tense than he thought. His other attendant is annoyed and says, "This emperor, just to avoid giving our master more troops, he's going to marry off Princess Baoyang like that, doesn't this seem like a joke?" ML responds, even if the emperor were to give ML troops, he probably doesn't have the nerve to fight a war against Yan Country. His attendant asks what they should do, and ML just says, "Wait." His attendants: "Wait?" ML responds that Yan Country's appetite won't be satisfied by just this. And there isn't a war that can rely upon using a woman to suppress (okay there....). ML will take action when Yan Country pretends they won't back down, and he'll wait for the emperor to personally hand him his troops.

Three days later Princess Baoyang is being sent to her marriage. She lets out a curse lol.

12. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Two days later, we get a scene where the Yan prince is canoodling with two women while Princess Baoyang is angry: "****, this bastard isn't thinking of me at all." She narrates that after marrying, his personality turned into a lecherous brute type, not treating her like a royal consort and insulting her. She tells the prince with two girls on his lap that she's not well and will take her leave, and one of the girls says that the consort doesn't look too happy. After throwing her tea cup in her separate room, the prince tells her, who are you trying to save face for, do you still think you're a princess in a lofty position? He slaps her after she looks away with a hmph, saying "I'm talking to you!" And she responds, "You dare hit me?!" before grabbing scissors and stabbing him.

Back in the capital, Sujiu meets Yuqiao, long time no see, what's going on? Yuqiao responds that the Yan country is stirring up trouble on the border, her father and older brother are busy out of their minds. Sujiu is surprised wondering why even after the royal marriage. Yuqiao whispers to Sujiu that Princess Baoyang stabbed the Yan prince and so Yan country is using that to find fault/pick a fight. Sujiu thinks, "stabbed?" and says, "... It's princess baoyang after all, it's something she would do."

In the imperial palace the emperor is mad af saying how he had her marry, she went, but now she tried to kill the Yan crown prince? And now Yan country will use it as an excuse to go to war... Curses!" It doesn't look like Princess Baoyang killed the guy, so it's not murder. The official/adviser mentions the troops at the border and such (I don't understand too much of the military phrasing) but the emperor says "enough! it's a shame about Yan country, but we can't let the tiger return to the mountains" as a phrase to say that he doesn't want to give the opportunity for the future to be at risk/set the stage for disaster basically (likely referring to Linyue having access to troops).

13. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This series needs more doctor stuff over the politic nonsense.

The title is Goddess of Healing, not Goddess of War or Goddess of Politic.

Lilpriestess likes this.
  14. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you. But 99.9% of historical Chinese romance stories try to create political ~drama~ as way to provide obstacles to obtaining successful love relationships. Even the historically accurate dramatization of real people contains that sort of plot device :facepalm:

I feel like it's super formulaic- initial meeting and developing crushes, backstory, relationship progresses, backstory and drama, relationship halts, climax of the drama, fallout, and finally resolution of the relationship. :blobcheeky:

marumara and Lilpriestess like this.
  15. Lilpriestess

Lilpriestess Fighting!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so so much for all the spoilers . Although it seems the romance has since been lost in the upheaval of politics.. yeck.. this one caught my eye bc of the gorgeous drawing of our ML lol. Our Ml here sooo reminded me of the crown prince from the novel where she also goes back to her lil old kid self with the zombies? Anyone recall the name of that one… but he was definitely super OP but he is super duper doting and reminded me of Lin Yue here lol or that what I’d imagine him to look like if that novel were to be made into a manga/manhwah:):):)(y)(y):love::love::love:

marumara and Sata_chan300 like this.
  16. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We start off with a raid by the Yan country troops slaughtering a village. An elderly woman is seen clutching her head in fear, crying and asking if there is anyone who can save them...

In the imperial palace, a bunch of ministers are reporting about all of the different places that have been attacked by the Yan troops. Not one of them has failed in their assault, and the emperor is mad that out of all of the troops that this country has, not one of them can fend off the Yan country? A minister is reporting about how vicious and bloodthirsty they are, how they're impossible to block from progressing, and how with each step they are getting closer to the capital. The king advises the emperor to let Linyue take charge of troops again, but the emperor immediately rejects this while thinking to himself that he refuses to believe that there's no one besides Linyue who is capable. The ministers are uneasy at this reaction.

The two helpers/maids at Sujiu's clinic are saying how there's no one really coming to the clinic anymore, which gets the response that Yan troops are coming, it's not just the clinic but everywhere (streets) is empty too. They comment on Sujiu's daydreamy state, and how she must be thinking about Linyue. Sujiu thinks to herself about how she's unsure if the emperor would return the troops to Linyue, and how this didn't happen in her previous life/timeline. And then she gets mad at herself in chibi form for worrying about him lol. "Why should I be worried about him? What's it got to do with me?!"

We see the prince and ML's fiancee together, and the prince comments how Linyue calculated this well (with the emperor and the troop situation). The fiancee responds that the people look to Linyue to lead the army against the Yan troops, and prince is not happy when he responds that this is a move that forces the emperor to give back the troops to Linyue. Fiancee: Your highness, what should we do? Prince responds with a proverb, the fishermen profit when the sandpiper (type of bird) and clam struggle. Basically, the third party benefits when two parties fight. When asked to clarify, the prince responds that if Linyue gets his troops back, wins battles and comes back, facing him them is not late and if he loses it erases all of their problems. The prince ends with: "Right now, the most troublesome (headache inducing) one is the emperor!" (Royal children say father as, literally translated, "father emperor").

Going to Linyue, he gets a report from his aide that another place has fallen against Yan's advance. He responds that so many people have died just because of a selfish desire. "He" is not fit to rule. (not sure the nuances of Chinese here, but maybe?? my hunch is that Linyue says "he" instead of referring to the emperor's title or "his majesty" to be intentionally rude and disdainful) One aide responds, "It looks like the day that General Lin leads the troops to march is not far" and the other aide asks, "Will the emperor really return that power to General?" Linyue responds, "Of course. He is a coward after all."

BOOM!! haha

I had a talk about women in ancient China with my mom the other day, and while I'm not too sure what dynasty this story is modeled off of, apparently the Ming dynasty onwards (1360s onwards), women were treated as second-class citizens. Apparently before this and the Tang dynasty (600-900s) especially, people were more "free" and equal. It's funny because I feel this is the similar with how history is with medieval Europe onwards too? Interesting.
    Some things about women in ancient China post-Ming dynasty: because of the national push to become more strict and uniform in rule and governmental organization (to put it simply), women were basically closed off into the family to manage household affairs. As a woman, you are to either answer to your father, your husband, or your brother(s). When you are married, the whole ceremony (and to this day, still kinda the same) starts with the wife being brought from her house to his house. You are quite literally given away to the husband's family. But the better off your husband is, the likelihood he has concubines is greater.
    If your husband dies, and this depends on how high your social status is, but typically you stay within the husband's family and answer to his parents and pray to his ancestors (and not your own). I'm sure you've seen this in cdramas too. Your own family likely will not welcome you back after marriage as a permanent resident, as you will essentially be difficult to be married off again and will eat resources away. One of the reasons why it's difficult to marry again is that the belief that you are to pray to "your" (re: your husband's) family's ancestors for life gets too... fake? if you are suddenly to switch to another set of ancestors to pray to.
    This fate is especially bad if you do not bear sons to keep the family line. In that case, you are typically expected to comb through the family registry for sons of the brothers/male cousins/any male of the husband's family line with the same last name (remember, patriarchal name inheritance) to adopt that son as yours to raise as the next family head. This can cause drama if the child is older and has emotional ties to his former family. This son's biological parents can no longer be called his "parents" as the wife of the family head is now his "mother." Typically the bio fam is more than happy to send their son off to that fate because it means their son is to become someone big/wealthy. You can see why the idea that sons are better is so pervasive in East Asian culture even to this day.

In any case, that's all just a blurb of backstory on just how rare and amazing it is that Sujiu and her mom escaped from that fate and became self-sufficient. Women could not own property or have a job without a man's consent.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  17. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the imperial palace officials are reporting about the losses against the Yan troops, and they implore the emperor to let Linyue take a stand in the war. Ofc the emperor is unhappy and thinks that Linyue forced this situation, but he issues the order nonetheless.
    Sujiu (FL) hears from A-Li (the boy who worked in the clinic and was actually a child of a family with standing/nobles from a concubine I think) that Linyue is being sent to war. He tells her not to worry but ofc she does, thinking that something is bound to happen...
    Linyue is getting ready to leave with words of encouragement from his aide. The fiancee sends him off wishing him success and triumph but he calls her out for her (fake) performance. He tells her, "I'll be sure to come back triumphantly, so you better not be disappointed." His other aide asks if he really won't see Sujiu before he leaves, to which he doesn't answer and orders for the troops to set out.
    One month later Sujiu has a dream of Linyue getting shot in the back. She wakes up and realizes it was a dream, but wonders if he will end up the same as in her last life. She worries.
    Two days later Sujiu meets that one lady she's friends with, the one whose father and brother are also at war. That friend is telling Sujiu that she's going to go out to the warfront dressed as a man. Ofc she doesn't have permission but she's going to sneak out. She gets ready to leave, saying that she's just here to tell Sujiu about it. Sujiu grabs her and says, "I'll go too."

18. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Got caught up in exams, but here it is!
    Sujiu and her friend continue their talk about her going to join the troops - her friend is initially reluctant and says Sujiu doesn't know any martial arts, but Sujiu says she knows medicine! And says that if friend doesn't agree with her going then she'll tell the friend's family about said friend going to war too haha.
    Three days later the two friends have snuck into some troops; the general? and son on horseback (Sujiu's friend's father and brother) are talking. The son says that 'younger sister' (Sujiu's friend I don't remember her name ahhh) must be unhappy being left back in the city, but the father believes it to be the safer choice (neither is a good choice, but city is slightly safer).
    We get a scene of Sujiu's mother being informed that she's left to join the troops in a letter after disappearing from the maid/servant who rushes in with the news. Sujiu's mom is shocked.
    Sujiu and friend have a convo, starting by the friend saying "Looking at how fragile you usually look, who would've thought you'd be able to endure this long?" The friend continues to say that they're getting closer to the border and there are refugees, and Sujiu has heard that the Yan troops are massacring a lot of people and letting the corpses pile up to the point that she's worried about plague/pestilence/disease. Friend: "The common people suffer have it the worst" basically.
    We go back to Linyue and the aide reports that the refugees have been successfully moved, but there is the issue of disease spreading towards the city so time is of the essence. Linyue asks how its to be dealt with, and the aide responds that following guidelines it's to burn to death the people who are affected. The other aide is saying that's too cruel, they're still alive after all and not dead yet. First aide responds, well if things continue on as is, other common, normal people will be infected. Linyue responds, "I can't do it. To do that to civilians, I can't do it."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  19. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sujiu and her friend manage to reach a border small town with the friend's father's troops. The friend has heard that Linyue is defending the town here. Sujiu wonders if she would be able to see him. They're let in after showing a seal, and on the streets they see a small child crying over his mom's body. Said child tries to get them to let go of his mom as the guards are picking up the mom's corpse which is rolled into one of those mats. Sujiu's friend shouts, "That's going too far! What are you all doing?" to the soldiers which reveals her identity to her father and brother :facepalm:

The soldier responds to the friend that the mother had died to the plague and so the body needs to be incinerated. Another elderly woman shouts back that it's absurd because her daughter (this dead woman) was still breathing when they took her away. Another townsman shouts too; they're not allowed out of the town (locked in) and so they're all going to die one way or another, so let them all out! (They have no idea here on how to control diseases at all haha). The townspeople get super riled up and shout against the troops/soldiers. Sujiu says to them to calm down, it's a plague but there's still hope left. One of the townsmen pushes her, shouting that "you say it like it's so easy, you're not even a doctor!" :facepalm: to sujiu of all people!! lmfao.

By pushing her, she is caught from behind by LINYUE of all people, who asks, "Who is causing a disruption?" And they make eye contact in surprise and recognition. The old townsman says that they're all going to get sick by the plague and get incinerated anyways, so what hope do they even have? Linyue asks who told them they would be incinerated, and the townspeople are confused; wasn't that the case? Linyue responds that "General Linyue won't give up on even a single person." One meek townsperson trembles and says that aren't they still going to die though...? And an angry townsman shouts that rather than being burnt to death, why not go all out [against the troops]!! That riles up the townspeople again to shout to kill them all to go out, they have nothing but their lives left. Linyue does a "..." worried face, but Sujiu steps in and raises her hand, stating that she is a doctor sent in by General Linyue to cure the disease and that they shouldn't be afraid. They calm down a little and ask, "are you really going to save us?" "How can we believe you?" Sujiu responds, I'll also be staying here living and eating with you all, so are you still worried I'd run away?

Linyue urgently pulls her aside, and gives her a stern "Why/how have you come here?" And Sujiu thinks to herself how it looks like he doesn't want to see her... (uh, yeah he probably doesn't want you fighting in a war???). She responds, "General Lin you can rest assured, I did not come here for you" while looking away from him.