Spoiler Goddess of Healing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kawaii12345, Jul 23, 2020.

1. maggiesaus

maggiesaus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We start with our FL saying she heard about the epidemic which is why she came, and ML is telling her to return home, saying that this is not a place she should be at. FL responds, why? Just like ML is a commander protecting the nation, she is a doctor who will be where sick patients are. She's not leaving, she will treat them. ML asks her, do you know how dangerous the battlefield is? FL thinks back to being locked in prison and responds, I am not afraid of danger. She leaves his tent. ML says, "this temper..." FL outside pouts and says, "the first thing he does when he sees me is to try to get me to leave!"
    In another tent, FL's female friend is getting berated pretty harshly by her father the commander of these troops. He's all like, you idiot child, you joined these troops, do you know what you did wrong? And she responds, I know what I did wrong but I would still do it again! The father gets super mad and the brother has to hold the father's arm back, saying that her heart is in the right place. FL's friend says that just because she's female doesn't mean she can't fight, she can kill the enemy too. Her father says, not only do you do something so reckless, you also got the young lady Su (FL) involved! And the friend is a little remorseful at that haha. But she thinks back on FL basically blackmailing her saying that if she doesn't get to come along, she'll tell on the friend joining the troops. The friend thinks, who was the one who actually got swindled into this... But to her father, she says don't worry, Su Jiuqing isn't someone who is weak or frail of a woman, she'll definitely find the cure to this disease. The father and brother give her a look.
    The next day the ML leaves his tent and asks where Su Jiuqing is, and his aide responds... well... just come with me to look! And she's busy with the herbs and looking after patients. A little girl goes to her and asks if her mom will really be okay, and FL responds of course, she's the divine doctor's disciple! Off to the side, hidden, the aide tells ML that she's gone to help the townspeople since the early morning and he couldn't stop her. They turn to leave, and FL sees them off in the distance and wonders if they were coming to look for her. The ML says to his aide that there isn't much time left, to which the aide asks for clarification, to which the ML responds, unfortunately the Yan troops are likely very soon going to make another move.
    Whew! there was no release last week, there was a break. I also realized that her full name is Su Jiuqing, d'oh this is what I get for skimming. They don't mention full names or any names that often so I forget as the weeks roll by.

2. lynnell246

lynnell246 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maggiesaus likes this.
  3. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter is the calm before the storm with the Yan troops coming in any day. ML's aide reports (I'm paraphrasing) that they're on the way, there's 100,000 of them, and ML says it'll be dangerous. The aide states that FL's treated the sick people enough such that they can send the townsfolk to the north as soon as tomorrow. ML: "yes, we owe it all to her."
    ML is seen peeping (lol) at FL working diligently at night to check in on her, and FL's friend finds him doing so. She comments, "What, don't want to part with her? She's pretty, smart, hardworking, kind hearted, not afraid to go to the borders, can also treat illnesses, she's nothing short of a celestial maiden. Won't you regret it?" ML just responds, "there's something I want to request of you. I've already ordered for the townspeople to go north, and the general (the friend's father) put you in charge of taking them there." The friend internally pouts that she's not going to be able to see the battle after all. ML requests the friend to watch over FL. The friend is like, wat, i can't tell if this guy has feelings for her or not. ML is like, you don't need to understand, as long as she is safe. ML leaves and the friend says, "what a weird person" lol.
    Five days later they're ready to set out. The friend pulls FL who is hesitating, that it's time to go. During a break, FL says to the friend that she thought the friend would stay, to which the friend responds that there are 100,000 in the army coming to that town, her father is too worried about the danger to want her there. FL asks, "100,000?" And the friend responds, "yeah this time it looks like it'll be a difficult battle. That being said, I also promised ML to take care of you, so I can't go back on my word." FL is surprised, and the friend grumbles that he came to see her in the middle of the night all sneaky, just can't understand him lol. We get a shot of the FL looking worried.
    Going back to that town, we see them ready for battle. The Yan troops are here, and I believe (don't quote me) that it's the prince that Princess Baoyang married who is leading them.

4. XiaoFaner

XiaoFaner Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally found an english summary of the chapter i understand his worries but even if they made up, what will happen tho because of him being impulsive he is already engaged to that crafty lady yan, their situation is making me really sad, i hope Lin Yue will find a solution soon, the enemies are powerful and scheming if i’m in his position, pushing jiuqing away would be the only thing that i could do too, poor man got betrayed by the person whom he thought is his friend, his father is still in a coma, got framed and robbed off of his military power, he might not be able to take it if jiuqing will be implicated again. prince yu seems to be the only person who he could turn for help but he is weak minded person i don’t think he will be able to help Lin Yue in the new chapter Lin Yue looks so vulnerable and gloomy it breaks my heart

5. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We open with Jiuqing telling Yujiao (the friend) that she's not going anymore, she's returning to that town. The friend questions her sanity and Jiuqing responds that yes, there's a huge gap in the amount of troops they have vs the Yan troops, and she may not be able to do much to help, but at the very least as a doctor she can treat any wounds. She thinks to herself that she can't let him (ML) be the only one who is in danger. Yujiao says she'll go back with Jiuqing then, she originally came here to kill enemies and also came with this group to protect Jiuqing in the first place.
    There's fighting going on back at the town. There's a scuffle and ML comes in to intercept an enemy coming in from behind (I think) Yujiao's brother. However, ML himself gets an arrow through the shoulder as a result. He cuts off the arrowhead and yells to continue. Back in the town, Yujiao wonders what the situation on the battlefield is. In one of the tents, an elderly physician is reporting to ML's aides that his wound is very severe, it was also near the heart. One of the aides, Fengliang, gets really agitated, grabs and yells at the physician, is this something you can say as a military physician? Jiuqing comes in right then to ask if Linyue is injured. Fengliang goes to Jiuqing and said, just in time, the general suffered a serious injury, we'll leave it up to you! She responds, "What?" in shock and goes to see him. That's when we see how serious his wound is; the shaft of the arrow is still embedded in his shoulder. Linyue's condition doesn't look too good, but he is awake and alert enough to see her come in. He says, "how come it's you?" in surprise.
    Sorry for the delay, I have a big week this week up until Monday :bloborz:

6. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We start off with Jiuqing getting ready to treat Linyue's wound. He grabs her hand, asking her why/how she is here. She responds, "I am a physician, of course I am here." Linyue tells her, "Go back, you really shouldn't come here." Jiuqing: "It'd be best if you don't waste energy, it's even difficult for you to speak right now. Once General Lin's wound gets better, it still won't be too late to tell me to leave." She pulls out the arrow shaft and tells him that she's got the medicine prepared already with one of his aides with instructions and that he'll live. She packs up and leaves. He's a sorrowful puppy as she leaves, going "Jiuqing..." Outside, they ask how it is inside, and she retorts "He's unable to die!" One aid is confused why she's unhappy lol.

The next day said aid is giving the general his medicine. It's been one night and he is significantly better - the aid Fengliang praises Jiuqing. ML drinks his medicine and just as he asks where she is, the friend Yujiao bursts in saying that Jiuqing disappeared. Upon being asked, Yujiao says that this morning Jiuqing went to take a walk nearby but didn't return. She looked for her but couldn't find her. Fengliang thinks aloud, "There are Yan troops sighted frequently nearby..." Yujiao exclaims in worry about whether Jiuqing could've been found by the Yan troops. Linyue stands up and says he'll go find her, which Fengliang tells him he mustn't, he's still recovering. Yujiao agrees, she can go look for her and if lucky Jiuqing wouldn't have met with Yan troops. Linyue yells to be let go, he can't let her be in danger. Fengliang exclaims, "This way you'll lose your life! Is it possible that you'd even risk your own life if it meant Physician Su could be well?" (And here it starts looking suspicious, because Fengliang has his hands up by his face looking fake worried lol) Linyue is stalking towards the tent flap with his sword when he says, "that's right." And right as he opens the flap.... he's met with Jiuqing standing there and she says, "Is that true?" with a smile on her face.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  7. ahnpan

ahnpan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the new chapter spoilers, I appreciate them so much. Thank you for taking time to read and translate the events for us

maggiesaus likes this.
  8. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We pick up right after the last chapter, and Linyue realizes he's been set up and glares at Fengliang and Yujiao who look away innocently. Flashback to last night between Jiuqing and Yujiao talking about what's going on with Linyue. Yujiao thinks he's been unmanly lol, and Jiuqing is just trying to understand why he's acting like this and creating this distance between them. That's when Yujiao comes up with the idea and says to leave it to her. Returning to the present, Jiuqing asks to talk to Linyue. She confronts him; "You've put your life at risk for me, so why are you also trying to push me away?" He doesn't answer, so she says, "You won't answer me? Then I'll go ask, one by one, and eventually I'll find out the reason." And Linyue whips around and says, "You can't!" And Jiuqing asks him to explain then. Outside, Fengliang and Yujiao are huddled and squatting on the ground, and her brother finds them and asks them what they're doing haha.

Going back inside the tent, Jiuqing exclaims, "What!" and Linyue says, "Now you know why I have to maintain distance from you." Jiuqing slams her hand on the table, which shocks Linyue, and Jiuqing says, "So that's why you got engaged to Yan Yilan?" (the fiancee ML has who is also in a secret relationship with the 4th prince). And then Jiuqing tells. him. off. "That's absurd, you think doing this is protecting me?! Even I can tell what's going on, do you really think the emperor can't?" Linyue says, "I can't involve/implicate you," and she responds, "I Su Jiuqing am not someone who can't go through hardships. No matter what happens, I will always stand by your side to face troubles." Linyue smiles, "You're not afraid of any dangers?" and Jiuqing responds, "As long as I am by your side, I will not be afraid."

We switch over to the prince from the Yan country talking to his court, and the prince yells at a cowering underling. "This many spies, and not one of them has returned!" Someone, maybe a tactician? but someone higher up responds to the prince, "that may be so, but Linyue indeed was in the middle of the battle that day and even if he hasn't died, he has a serious wound." The prince retorts, "That person is cunning, I don't dare lower my guard." The tactician person responds, "But this standoff isn't a solution, the morale..." The prince then dismisses it and makes an order, "Dispatch orders, three days from now, attack the city again. Yucheng must be obtained by my great Yan country!"

9. Asyana

Asyana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!

maggiesaus likes this.
  10. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    So that 4th prince is a son of a btch , hope he suffers

maggiesaus likes this.
  11. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry this is a lil late! Getting sucked into the end of semester vortex of studying haha.... BUT this chapter is a little more exciting! Enjoy!

We're starting this chapter off with 4th prince and ML's fiancee in bed together, and she's massaging his shoulders. (Y'all idk if they're doing the deed for sure, probably yes as they're both wearing the white nightclothes so they're at least sleeping zzz's together!) She asks him about news on the battlefront, and he responds that his scouts/spies have reported about the battle that left Linyue seriously wounded. She retracts her hands, and he asks, "What, are you worried about that fiance of yours?" She responds, "Your highness is speaking nonsense, what I'm worried is that, if General Linyue dies, then the Yan..." (more worried about the war than the ML). He says, "What are you afraid of, it's not like there aren't people in this nation, and besides, if the Yan people want [Rong city] (I think this is the name of that town that ML is at), then we can just give it to them." He gets up from her lap and says, "Instead, even till now I still haven't found that ghost and it makes me even more uneasy. The imperial throne... must be mine!" The ghost likely refers to the son? grandson? of the former emperor that the current emperor killed.

We go back to Linyue and Jiuqing, who enters his tent. Her: "Take it off." Him: "I..." Her: "Am I taking it off or will you take it off yourself?" Fengliang is outside the tent saying to the other aid, both in chibi form, "Who knew that physician Su could be so fearless" and they're both blushing. Linyue coughs, saying, "As a lady, don't say something so straightforward," and she retorts, "As a man, don't say something so bashfully." :blobpopcorn: She tells him his wound looks a lot better, he asks her what she wants as a reward, and she responds that she's not lacking any money, nor does she want a house. In the same speech bubble: "You're rather good-looking, how about you give yourself to me?" (Note: the "good-looking" phrase is typically used in regards to women) And he blushes :blobmelt: She stands up and looks down on him all deadpan - "What, are you not willing?" He asks, "How..." and she finally blushes and puffs up saying, "Your body I've seen it already, touched it already, and I've thought about it and I should take responsibility." :blobamused: (Role reversal :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:) He smiles, holds her hand, and says, "Till now I've been regarded by that person* as a thorn in their side, a sword on the battlefield, are you really willing...?" (*that person is probably the emperor) and she responds, "That's why you have to live/survive well, restore things to order, and not let me suffer the loss." (translation feels kinda off in English, I think she's referring back to how she asked for him as her reward for saving him and is using that idea as the metaphor for him needing to live, win, etc. so that she keeps her reward.) He responds, "I promise you."

We get a brief scene of the Yan prince with a huge af army and he's directing them to fight.

Ten days later, in the imperial palace, some minister is reporting news about the small city/town where Linyue was fighting at. Emperor asks what news? and the minister responds, "General Linyue at [Rong city] utterly defeated the Yan army, with unending stories of their success!" The emperor gets a moment of shock/jolt in realization, as the other nobles exclaim in happiness about the heavens looking over their nation and how General Linyue's mighty military fame continues!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  12. Asyana

Asyana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh. The intercation between Linyue and Jiuqing is so cute. I love the role reversal here and Jiuqing's confidence. I can't stop smiling because of this. Thank you by the way, Maggie

maggiesaus likes this.
  13. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We get a mini time skip to two months later, and Linyue is returning to the capital triumphantly from his war. The townspeople are all really eager to see him and they're praising him as a hero. Yujiao (FL's female friend) says to Jiuqing something about how they're all heroes, yet he's (ML) the one looking grand, and the common people really are drawn to that face huh xD Jiuqing smiles in response.
    Jiuqing's mother is praying to the ancestors right as their maid gives her the news that the young miss has returned! Jiuqing apologizes for worrying her mom, who asks if she's injured. Jiuqing response no. The mother looks behind her expectantly, and Jiuqing asks if she's looking for Linyue, he won't be here because he went into the imperial palace. The mother, "You two..." and Jiuqing tells her she will slowly tell her everything...
    Back to the emperor (I think this is a flashback?), he is in his office and did a big sigh at the news that Linyue really did unquestionably beat the Yan country troops. The emperor's aid (eunuch?) tells him that that is a good thing, but the emperor is worried about how he's beloved to the people AND has military power. The eunuch asks what he's thinking... and the emperor says a four character Chinese idiom to "cut the weeds and remove the roots" - meaning he plans to eradicate the root of the problem entirely.
    In the next scene, Linyue is reporting to the emperor. He does the standard greetings, and they exchange 'pleasantries' about how Linyue did an excellent job.... oh no I don't dare claim all the credit, it was all because of the troops and the other generals... the emperor responds how he shouldn't belittle himself, he said he'd reward ML so he will do exactly that. He gets a smirk satisfied face when he tells Linyue that he was supposed to be married (4th prince's mistress...ML fiancee) before the war and that they should get married next month. Linyue: "This..." Emperor: "What, are you not willing?" Linyue quickly clasps his hand and bows, thanking the emperor for his magnanimity (super formal thank you to the emperor pledge). Emperor laughs and says not to worry, he promises he'll let them have a grand wedding. Linyue isn't laughing and we see him leave. As he does, the emperor shows his angry face behind Linyue's back and thinks, "Linyue, the day you wed will be the day you die!"

14. Asyana

Asyana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about that 'fiance'. But what if Linyue marries Jiuqing or the 4th prince and the mistress relationship were discovered. Thay should tarnish the girl's family and the 4th prince name, right? Then the plan of the emperor will be pushed back and Lin Yue will be safe again. Okay, i'm just excited for the next chapter.

maggiesaus likes this.
  15. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh so annoying,the whole imperial family

maggiesaus and Asyana like this.
  16. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    We start with some gossip among the townsfolk about Linyue getting married next month. There's a man who notes dreamily that the miss (ML fiancee) looks like a celestial maiden and how good of a pair they would make, but another older woman says she thought that Jiuqing was together with Linyue? A little girl shakes her head at the gossip and goes, "The things men say" lol :blobjoy:

The 4th prince says, "Linyue actually came back." The fiancee is kneeling before him, and asks what she should do given this is a decree from the emperor. The 4th prince reaches out and grabs her by the chin, saying, "What, are you actually really considering marrying him?" His face is angry as he continues, "You are my woman, even if you die you are not allowed to marry anyone else." She responds without flinching, without expressing any emotion, "But I don't want to die." And so 4th prince lets go, leans back and says calmly, "Then Linyue must die." In the next panel, he's clenching his teacup so hard it's cracked and says, "I originally didn't want to make a move so soon.... Linyue, it's you who forced me." :facepalm:

In Jiuqing's home, she's moving around listlessly. She has something in her hands, herbs? The two maids/servants are chattering to each other, one says, "The miss isn't acting like she usually is" and the other maid agrees, saying "On the outside she looks like nothing's amiss, but she actually seems apathetic/out of it." They look at each other and agree that "Men really are the worst!" (I assume they all think that Linyue has to marry the fiancee.) Jiuqing's mother asks her where she's planning on going, and she responds that she's bringing in these medical herbs to the clinic. Her mother is a little apprehensive and in chibi form shyly says today's weather isn't that good, it might be better to not go out. Jiuqing responds, "Mother, if you're worried about me harming myself (suicide) don't worry, I won't do that." She smiles and continues walking out with her herbs. The mother is worrying while looking at her leaving, saying to herself, "This poor child, Linyue is about to marry, she wouldn't be grieving to the point of madness would she..."

That night, Jiuqing is getting ready for bed and stretches, saying how she's been asked countless times if she's ok, it's too much, it's all Linyue's fault :mad: :blobtriumph: And then, from behind, someone says "Who's talking bad things about me behind their back in the middle of this night?" And Linyue appears with a smile on his face. Jiuqing responds, "How come you've come here?" then pulls him in, telling him to be quiet so that no one can see him and pushing him to sit down. He responds, looking up at her: "So what if others see me?" And Jiuqing sits down next to him saying that she doesn't want for people to see him here and hate him (beat him up) thinking that he's an unfaithful lover (she's clearly referring to how he's engaged to someone else but here to see her, looking out for him lol). He's surprised, "Unfaithful lover?" Jiuqing continues though, "Oh right, what are you here to do?" And he leans in to respond, "This unfaithful lover is here to offer a humble apology." Jiuqing blushes and says, "N-nonsense!" He leans back in his seat and smiles, "How magnanimous, you don't look like you're angry at all." And Jiuqing is like, "Well, I'm not silly enough to think you were actually going to marry Yan Yilan." Linyue pulls on her cheek, saying "You're not jealous at all, it makes me so sad" and she's squirming when she responds "Linyue, speak to me clearly!" That's when he gets serious and says, "Jiuqing, I plan to make my move." We get a closer shot of his serious face as he continues, "On the day of the marriage."

17. Asyana

Asyana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 4th prince is so stupid... I'm excited to know what will happen on the day of the "marriage".

maggiesaus likes this.
  18. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/comic/432859/ For reference and facial expressions to get the right tone of voice haha.
    We pick up from where the last chapter ended when Linyue said he was to make his move; Jiuqing asks Linyue: "This soon?" Linyue: "The emperor is also planning on taking action on that day." (The wedding day). Jiuqing: "Be careful." Linyue holds her hands: "Don't worry, I've already planned for everything. As for you... On that day, absolutely do not go out." Jiuqing holds his hands back, and they stare *soulfully* at each other lol: "I'll be waiting for you."
    Half a month later at the wedding, Yan Yilan is prepared as the bride; a maid calls for her that the groom is arriving. She dismisses the maid, and we see her escorted to the palanquin. Some townsperson asks why the groom isn't there, and another person responds that said groom is General Linyue who has been extremely busy. Some guy reports to Yilan that Linyue will be there to pick her up at the residence. I guess this is seen as disrespectful? I'm not too well versed in (ancient) Chinese weddings but I guess the groom is supposed to pick her up. Yilan thinks to herself, "So this is how he wants to start this day; whatever, after all, after today, Linyue you're just a dead person." And we see some shady men wearing black looking at each other in the background.
    At the Yao residence (Jiuqing's mom), so many people are standing around a sitting Jiuqing. She says: "I'm really fine, you all don't have to worry so much." The other female friend (lol idk her name) grabs her hands: "That won't do, what if you suddenly jump into a river?" Yujiao (blue haired martial arts trained female friend) agrees: "It would put us at ease to watch over you after all." Jiuqing is giving them all the side eye with a :< face and thinks to herself: "They're all really underestimating me. Speaking of which... I'm more worried about Linyue's side of things."
    We switch over to the 4th prince, seated when he receives a report: "Your highness, the people have been prepared, as soon as the wedding begins they will immediately take action." 4th prince says out loud: "Good" then thinks to himself, "Linyue, between you and me, in the end we've reached a life and death struggle after all."
    At the wedding venue, they announce the bride's arrival. Linyue is there, and he leads her into the residence. In the back behind the people watching, the men with swords dressed in black look like they're getting ready (seriously does no one see this??) and we end with a dramatic shot of Linyue.

19. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please continue spoiling for us?

20. maggiesaus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late chapter (finals week!)
    I'm just summarizing/half translating/very loosely paraphrasing each chapter as they become free to view each week using the Kuaikan raws link on the first page of this thread. You can follow along with the visuals using that link, hopefully my summary is enough so that you can follow along if you want to read both simultaneously.
    We start off with random townsfolk walking by the mansion.
    Person 1: Did you hear something just now?
    Person 2: No, but inside there's a marriage happening! How lively!
    And lively it is; a table is being flipped over as assassins attack Lingyue. Two maids hurriedly take Yilan (fiancee/bride) to the side for safety, telling her to be careful. The mustache'd guy says to protect the general; Lingyue fends off a few assassins while his subordinate says there are too many of them. An arrow is shot just as fireworks go off outside. The arrow hits an assassin, and they turn around to find men with bows and arrows on the rooftops.
    Assassin: Not good, we've fallen into their trap! Withdraw!
    Lingyue responds: You think you're able to leave?
    More arrows fall and take them out.
    The mustache'd guy tells the guests to not worry, it's just a few assassins (LOL), the marriage will continue, yes.
    Yilan is thinking to herself, clenches her hands, realizing that Lingyue made preparations for this.
    Suddenly there's some loud knocking/banging on the entrance doors, and one of the guests? Wearing purple, looks like he's higher ranking idk, says "Who is it, how rude."
    In come more men with swords lol. The mustache'd guy is nervously asking why they're here, do they want to partake in the wine that badly....
    Enemy with sword: Don't be ridiculous, you people of Lin have been collaborating with the Yan country, and we're here to take down the traitors!
    Mustache'd guy: Wait, you can't just randomly say something like that!
    Enemy with sword: If you have anything to say, you can say it in hell!
    And they clash swords with Linyue.
    Yilan is observing and we hear her thoughts: This isn't the fourth prince's orders... these guards are His Majesty's! His Majesty has taken action!
    Linyue gets caught at swordpoint by that enemy, who mocks him saying that the eagle eyed general isn't all that after all. But! We see a shot of Linyue's neck/ear, and see that there's something peeling off! Turns out, it's not Linyue, it's one of his aides, who smile and says he doesn't have the general's refined looks. Both Yilan and the emperor's guard/enemy both startle and ask, Where is Linyue?! And the aide looks carefree as he responds he can't say. Yilan thinks again, if this Linyue is fake, then the real Linyue... this isn't good! She looks out the door and gets ready to leave, but the aide grabs her and says, Does Miss Yan want to go find our general? There's no need to worry, why don't you wait until our general returns to see you? And Yilan looks nervous...