Spoiler Godzilla King of Monsters (Rounds of Battle)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Lazriser, May 31, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished the movie tonight and it was awesome! The theme music of Godzilla was hype during each battle! King Ghidora's theme music was eerie and haunting, while Mothra's was enchanting yet tragic. Serizawa's theme music was beautiful.

Round 1
    • King Ghidora wins by escaping through the skies.
    Round 2
    • King Ghidora wins, because fuck'en humans detonated an oxygen destroyer on Godzilla.
    Round 3
    • Godzilla wins, because nuclear meltdown disintegrated King Ghidora.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Kuro_0ni likes this.
  2. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm about to go see it a second time today

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  3. hongzu

hongzu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished watching the IMAX3D version.
    Seriously, we all say that there are too many human story in 14G.
    But 14G told at least a smooth and reasonable story, this KOM, told a messy story. I think the scriptwriter may had given up on himself. I don't see any human character in the whole movie except Dr. Serizawa who knows what to do.
    But fortunately, the Kaiju Wars were good enough to keep me in a good mood.

4. draw2much

draw2much Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally speaking, I've never liked the human stories in Godzilla movies. And by generally I mean always. I just tolerate them, because I don't have a choice. Whenever I see a Godzilla movie I think, "Ok, how much human drama will I have to tolerate and how irritating will it be?" For KOM I put the human drama in the middle of the road for irritation, and give it a A++ because they don't get much screen time. The acting seemed pretty good at least? I dunno, I don't remember much of the human element.

What I remember are the monsters.

And how beautiful they were indeed!

They had something like a sub-plot/story all to themselves. They had own unique personalities, and the fights were amaaaaaazing. Watching Rodan suck up to whoever was in power, King Ghidora heads bickering, and the lovely fantastic Mothra.... it was great. I loved every minute when the monsters were on screen. Just to watch them fight was worth the obscene price I paid for the IMAX tickets.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  5. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both had different directors

6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    imho, g:kom succeed by not following bay's transformers. in the latter, bay put too much emphasis on the humans, sidestepping the the title characters themselves, the robotic lifeform that ppl actually paying the money to see. g:kom, on the other hand, as serizawa said, human becomes the monster's pet.

detonating that powerful bomb, close to the land is the stupidest thing to do. i was actually rooting for the giant wave shown when it exploded to hit the shore and see humans flabbergasted when the wave actually kills more ppl than the monsters, but i alas, they skip that. i'm glad that woman died in the end. though i still kind of dissatisfied when she was potrayed as dying by atoning/sacrificing herself. she should've get stomped or eaten while still thinking she's a savior. i hate it when such characters get 'pardoned'.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated the mother when she started preaching about salvation and shit. Bitch was clearly insane, because her son died. Boohoo~ I understand it scarred her, but every time a mass murderer always peach it's for someone that died, I call bullshit.

Kuro_0ni and runsing like this.
  8. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree. in fact, i'd make more sense if all she wanted was to control the kaijus to do her bidding and become a 'queen of monster' herself

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  9. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

I think the monster fights were awesome. The added human factor was more of like extra elements for me.

There are some sciency things I find ridiculous but, it was negligible, because plot armor.

I mean Dr. Serizawa's last act was pretty amazing, braving high radiation, its amazing he wasn't burned. Acute Radiation Sickness, can appear in minutes to hours depending on the level of radioactivity.

The suit he was wearing didn't really prevent radiation exposure.