Spoiler Golden Forest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    images (1).jpeg
    (Novel Cover)

61275.jpg
    (Manhwa Cover)

Description:

Renier, an ordinary slave, accidentally gets a prophecy from an oracle at Inanna's temple.

"I see two men who will love you.

I see two men you will love.

I see two men who will kill you.

I see two men you will kill."

Thus she receives the blessing of the goddess but such blessing of bewitching two men is a curse to Renier.

"Don't forget. You owe me life and you promised to be my person."

In the white mountains of the Arctic, Renier saves Kuhn's life.

The fate of the three people, Renie, Kishida of the "High Priestess of the Golden Forest" and Kun, "King of North Korea"...

Link: https://m.series.naver.com/novel/detail.nhn?productNo=3683344

Link 2: https://ridibooks.com/books/1811126282

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Peerly and quarantine is good like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    W~O~A~H, Yesterday I saw it's announcement and now it already has a spoiler page. What an amazing S•P•E•E•D!!:blobpopcorn_cool:
    Need Spoilers please!!
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    :blobalert::blobalert::blobalert::blobalert:

djan29 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    waiting for spoilers and I’m really excited for the manhwa to come out :blobReach::blob_plusone:

5. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. highsky44

highsky44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been interested on this novel for the longest time and i'm so happy it got a webtoon now.
    Unfortunately it's not a reverse harem in which the MC got both MLs and i was a bit disappointed she ended up with the other one (which it's also good) but nonetheless it was a good story.

djan29, Tt123, Peerly and 8 others like this.
  7. simplysharonda

simplysharonda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one did she end up with? ✋

Liliss likes this.
  8. highsky44

highsky44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The red haired guy his name it's Kuhn and the MC saved him. The other ML name is Kuchida and he's quite obsessed with the MC and i really pitied him at the end. Anyways on ridi there are already 8 chapters available so please support the webtoon because the story is really good.

djan29, Tt123, Liliss and 12 others like this.
  9. simplysharonda

simplysharonda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooooo ok. Thank you!!! <3

miso_soup likes this.
  10. Weird_girl

Weird_girl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup sometimes you will even find the spoiler page before the manhwa itself is announced

simplysharonda likes this.
  11. Sehzan

Sehzan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you for the spoil!:aww:
    Do you have any more spoil that you can share with us?

Will her curse be lifted?
    How will she meet Kushida?

12. shung90

shung90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just bought the book and am reading it through MTL so I don't understand it perfectly but

I skip parts here and there but it all says that the curse turned into a blessing and it's because she carved out her own destiny. What the goddess said to her did come true about the two men but she made her own choices and her ultimate destiny in the epilogue she says "One man I saved, one man who saved me. One man who I love, and one man who loves me" It was put quite nicely

Kuchida is actually a person in her past that she has a lot of history with. In the story Kuchida is a kind of divine being. From what I understand he bought her as a slave for a human sacrifice but fell in love with her. Not sure it's love, a lot of reviews say it's more obsession. She runs away from the sacrifice ritual and that's why she is hiding in that mountain. Misunderstandings between her and Khun separate them. She flees the mountains and ends up going back to the Golden forest where she came from and meets Kuchida again. He's very happy to see her. I'm skipping a lot to read more Khun and Lenny parts but most reviews I read are very sympathetic to Kuchida even those it seems he did bad things.

djan29, Mifried, river.wyles and 14 others like this.
  13. shung90

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me give you some background lore of the story which is pretty important to the story as a whole

The webtoon started explaining it so I'll just continue around where it left off. Kata and the Black Dragon start to have feelings for the girl named Armanu and lust after her. They both want her so she asks them what will they giver her in return. They reply that they will give her whatever she asks for and more. She asks them to give her 7 days to choose who to be with.

The Black Dragon sends two snakes, one white and one black to ask Armanu if she decided yet. She hasn't. They give her the advice to test both Kata and the Black Dragon to see who loves her more.

She says to Kata "I want the glory of the light that you have: heavenly beauty and eternal life." It's not easy for him to give up eternal life but when he thinks about eternal life in heaven without her, decides he can give it up to live on earth with her for a finite time.

She says to the Black Dragon " I want the abundance of land and water and your wisdom". He says he cannot give her the land and the water because it's not his to give but he can give her his wisdom. Unlike other things wisdom can be shared and it is not lost in the process.

In the end she choose Kata because he gives her everything she wants. She they got together and did the deed. He was supposed to give her eternal life after that but his father Utu told him "My son, I do not allow you to abandon what I have given you. If you give up the glory of light, that is heavenly beauty and eternal life, you will never return to heave. You will be the mud race (that's what they call humans in the book) and will have hardships, suffering all the joys and sorrows and will eventually disappear. The warriors who are your alter egos (called Elyos) will also suffer the same fate."

So Kata couldn't give Armanu eternal life and she felt betrayed and went to the Black Dragon. "He did not keep his promise. I choose you and I want to receive what you give." He laughed coldly and said that when choosing one she threw the other away and she made her choice. "But I will show you proof of my love for you. I will share the wisdom you desire, the truth I know."

Kata found out Armanu went to the dragon. He was distraught and as promised he gave the tree, the true spirit of Armanu, eternal life. (He gave the tree eternal life because she's the embodiment of the tree). After he did, he lost his divine nature and fell to the ground, the land of humans. His warriors the Eloys also fell along with him as well as the sacred tree. But Armanu the girl is no where to be found, she disappeared. The only trace left was the footprints of a large bird on the mud.

Kata begs desperately for the dragon to tell him where Armanu is. The Black Dragon warns that wisdom may be poison and tells him to try to forget her. Kata still begs and the dragon relents and says she ran away from Kata and when she left the realm of the sacred tree an evil ugly flying beast snatched her. The flying beast raped her and she gave birth to his children. The dragon tells her she is in the Baekyeon Mountain, with those cannibal birds. He also informs Kata that she was already pregnant with his children as well and gave birth to them. He told him that the children who look like you are your children.

That night his father found Kata in his dream and said "My son, take the two things you gave in vain. Then you will be able to come back to heaven". Kata asks how he can do that. His father says kill what remains of her and the glory of light you gave her will be returned to you. Burn the tree that you gave eternal life to and you will get it back. You have to reap the glory of light first and then burn the tree to get eternal life after. Because that is the order you gave them. Then you and your descendants will be able to come back to heaven.

Kata still didn't want to kill Armanu but rather stay with her. When he went to the mountains after many years he finally found out that the cannibal bird has eaten Armanu leaving no trace of her. Kata kills the cannibal bird with his arrows. He finds the children of Armanu and the bird and tries to kill them but they manage to escape in the mountains.

Kata finds his own children who are beautiful and look like him and take them to the sacred tree forest. Kata believes that because the tree is still alive, Armanu will come back again since she is the manifestation of the tree. His children say they will burn the tree to give him everlasting life back and they can go back to heaven together, the kids want to go back to heaven quickly. Kata doesn't want to because he thinks burning the tree will make it so that Armanu can't come back. So he binds the children's body and soul to the tree so that they have to protect it. Plus the condition is that they have to kill what's left of the mom in the form of the cannibal children she had. They have to do that first before the burning of the tree. It's important the order. Kata says if the tree dies first no can have eternal life. Kata then blessed his descendants so that they could use all his abilities. The son later becomes known as Altir, the guardian of the forest and his offspring become the priests of the Golden Forest

As time goes by Kata got tired of waiting. His subordinates began to die and become stones with light buried into the ground. Kata looked up to the sky, his father and prayed for the last time. "My Father Utu, All I want to do is go back to the sky. It's not about restoring dazzling glory. May I be reborn with her in the distant future, meet her again, choose her again and live with her even a lifetime. It's good to be one of the mud races that disappear faster than the light, so even a lifetime with her. Please allow me to live." Having finished praying he looked down at the pond for a while and then suddenly turned around and left the forest. Old and sick the Elyos warriors also disappeared with Kata and haven't returned to the forest since.

Yea, sorry that was long but it's amazing how this ties in with everything miraculously at the end. I'll continue to spoil while I'm reading. I got really interested in the book because unlike a lot of novels on Ridi that have a lot of reviews trashing a book, most people had extremely good things to say about this book. I've read maybe 60% of it including the end and how it all ties together. I was really impressed.

haweii, Mifried, river.wyles and 14 others like this.
  14. Toasty_Minzy

Toasty_Minzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since no one is translating this, I've been following on newtoki and have been so interested in where its all going. Thank you for the spoilers!

simplysharonda and boom2424 like this.
  15. shung90

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad you enjoy the spoilers! But let me preface everything that I can only understand as much as I can. I'm not even close to fluent in Korean so it's all MTL. So if things don't make complete sense it is because it's lost in translation. Sorry :(

I’ll continue where the webtoon left off

Throughout this part in the book it alternates between Lenny telling Kun about the lore story that I spoiled previous and him and her discussing the story. I put the lore story in it’s entirety previously since it’s easier to understand

Kun describes what he thinks love is to Lenny (Kun is such a cutie and so innocent and pure. I find it funny but also touching) and saying that he thinks that way about her. Lenny gets flustered and just pretends she didn’t hear that. Lenny talks about her experience of men lusting after her. She asks him if that’s love? He says of course not that’s just an animal in heat. She tells him she’s only come across people like that. He’s appalled wondering what kind of life she’s been living.

L: “Then Kun, what would you do if that kind of heart grew only in the heart of one of the two.”

K: “I’ll do my best to grow the other person’s heart”

L: “If you do everything, it doesn’t mean that love will grow in the other person’s heart. It may not grown in the end”

K: “If God allowed love to grow in only one heart, I will bet my all and pray to God for the same to grown in the other person’s heart”

(Kun is the sweetest! and note for future he is super religious because he’s the High Priest of his tribe)

Later she wakes up and Kun is holding her hand praying earnestly (yes, later on it’s confirmed he’s praying that he can be together with her)

She can feel that he thinks he loves her but she’s not confident about herself. She thinks only a very stupid or very brave person can bet on an emotion that may be created in seven days and extinguished in seven days. During the story Kun identifies with Kata who loves unconditionally and is upset about Armanu who can’t make up her mind and disappears. Lenny identifies with Armanu and can’t understand Kata.

They also argue about religion pretty heavily because Lenny rages, hates and curses the gods because of this “blessing” she got. Kun is so devote and tells her that he’s the next high priest of his tribe that serves the god Utu after his coming of age ceremony. Lenny freaks out a bit because it’s basically raging, screaming and swearing really loud about God to the Pope, this kind of situation. lol

Kun asks Lenny if she wants to get married. She answers never, she hates men, thinks it’s disgusting to touched by men because of her curse. He asks did it feel bad to hold his hand? She also gave him a foot massage to prevent frostbite, did that feel bad too? What about kissing then? She doesn’t answer…

They talk more about the story and he admits he’s not proud that his people are descendants of the cannibal bird but now they are human and aren’t like that. They are people who developed a way of life learning how to cook, build houses, make weapons, store meat etc. there are not primitive like breasts.

Then somehow Lenny notices Kun’s ears moving cutely like a puppy and wants to touch them. He lets her but is obviously very embarassed, likes it but also uncomfortable thinking about other things…

It’s a big blizzard outside and the grave robbers in the cave get angry about not getting enough meat and beat Lenny. Kun covers her to protect her and gets beat instead. Lenny cries a lot seeing how Kun got injured from protecting her. The grave robbers want to kill Kun when Lenny goes out.

They get closer and Lenny tells him whole story of why she hates the gods and the blessing she received.

L: “And most of all, I hate dragging other people into the curse of Goddess Inanna.” “But I didn’t hate you. Holding your hand and touching your feet. I liked it. I really liked it”

She thinks, “Kun. Come on. Why do you keep doing this? You don’t even know my name or age. No, you don’t even know my face. You don’t know anything. But how can you fall into this feeling” She admits to herself that she does have feelings for him.

Kun is very curious about her face

K: “Yes, I’m so curious about your face” with his desperate urgent heart

L: “Nothing about me, I told you not to be curious”

K: “… I try to do that, but I’m can’t let go of my curious questions. I will be careful in the future” he says sorrowfully

L: “I’m an ugly runaway slave Kun, My face is black, nose is flat and eyes are distorted and I have been beaten and bruised.”

Kun reaches out his hand and touches Lenny’s face. (He still can't see there is no light in the cave). The fingers carefully touched the head, forehead, eyebrows and eyelashes, nose and cheeks, and lips. His breath seems to be getting deeper little by little. A sweet scent flows out of his exhalation, making it feel like it fills the cave. Kuhn rested and whispered in a cracked voice. "Pretty. you are pretty."

One thing leads to another and they finally sleep together. That was the repayment she wanted for saving his life.

“What is your name?” Lenny was crushed in his arms. He hugged her so hard that she couldn't breathe. No reply. He whispered, putting his lips closer to his ear. “How old are you? Where is your hometown? What is your father's name?” “On your chest what is the stigma? (I think she has a symbol on her chest which curses her not to leave the golden forest, I’ll have to confirm in later chapters). What is the wound on the back? Who made you like this?” “Oh, did you hurt a lot earlier? How much did you hurt? Are you okay now?”

He wants to know desperately know everything about her but she doesn’t answer.

Honestly, them having s*x is more realistic and not that romantic. He’s innocent, a virgin and has no idea what he’s doing. It’s the way he was brought up he’s so ignorant about s*x. The book writes it this way.

Lenny remembers that Kun said there is something he has to take care of at home. She asks him if it’s urgent. It’s clearly important to him but he also doesn’t want to leave her.

She tells him when the blizzard stops to go home right away and she will pretend to the grave robbers that she killed him. She tells him to never come back because the grave robbers will kill him. She wants him to forget everything that happened here and forget her. While she strokes his head she thinks she won’t forget the texture and will miss it a lot. She’s been wondering what the color of his eyes are for a long time. But now was the time to be determined or the time to be cruel. It’s been two weeks they have spend together. Lenny says he’s paid back his debt but Kun thinks that’s not paying the debt property. Kun prays earnestly during this time

His prayers:

“There must be one man who loves you, there must be one man who saves you. In the end you will choose the path of light, you will crush the misfortune, pave the way for happiness. All of this will come true. He repeated without fail. He repeated desperately as if the more he repeated, as if he had the strength to confront Inanna's oracle, or as if his words were really realized.”

Lenny cries and she decides she will believe in him, not the gods. The blizzard finally stops and Kun asks her to comb out his hair and tie it in a style he requested. (Was surprised to find out later that this part was important…) They head out of the cave.

The arrive at a snowy plain and Lenny tells him to count seven times to 70. Kun freaks out and realizes she wants to abandon him there. She makes him swear on the god he serves to count and then remove the blindfold. He can’t understand why she’s going back to the cave and not going with him. She doesn’t believe a slave from a southern country will be able to live in the north with him. He says desperately that “I have something to say, but I can’t say it now!”. He keeps asking her name, he just wants to know her name (this part is heart wrenching). She doesn’t want to tell him thinking he’ll forget her easier. He wants badly to take off his blindfold but because he swore on God’s name he can’t, he’s that devout. She says the only reason she’s hiding in this godforsaken place is that this slave stigma is neutralized here as opposed to being in the Golden forest. He tries to convince her that the north where he lives is a normal place, not a bad barabaric place like she’s thinking. He tells her again “When I finish my work, I have something I must say to you!” She questions why he can’t say it now and he just says he can’t, not right now. He promised her once he’s done what he needs to do he will come back to pick her up.

“I will protect you. From the hand of every wild beast, from the flying beast, from the hand of those who want to harm you...” He took a deep breath and added firmly, as if determined. “From the hand of every god trying to hurt you.” She asks if he will go against his own god to protect her. His face distorts more struggling to answer and can’t.

Lenny asks how much time does she have to wait for him. It’s so sad because he can’t know and can’t promise when. All he knows is he has to finish his tasks and then do his coming of age ceremony. But he doesn’t know how long that will take. He’s so desperate and her lips trembles and nods she will wait. He gives her a black stone that’s his most precious belonging that has been passed down from the chiefs of his family. He wants to pay back the favor for real because what they did last night doesn’t count as paying back a favor for him. Then the worst misunderstand comes out.

“I will tell you the truth. What happened yesterday, I hated it. It was terribly dishonorable and shameful, and I don't want to think about it again. That's why I will pay something else.” It makes her think he hated what they did and she feels so angry and betrayed. (I died inside reading this…). She feels like an idiot because she really imagined being with him. She tells him she hates him crying and running away. In the struggle I think he caught some of her hair. He’s really fixated on her name, begging her to at least tell him her name. She runs away clutching the black stone until she can’t hear his screaming anymore. They really separate like that.

She successful tricks the grave robbers into thinking she killed Kun. She starts to get feverish and sick both her mind and body hurt like crazy. She was really depressed missing him like crazy, all she thought about was him. Even though she told him not to come, she waited. She thinks “But if he comes as promised? Can't I be brave enough?” She dreamed every night about him where he confesses his love and kisses her. She lost a lot of weight during this time and looks like a skeleton. The seasons changed and it became spring. She finds the axe that he abandoned when he saved her. It’s called Urtur which is also the name for a pet/dog. She thinks maybe she can use returning this axe as a way to see him.

On the day Kun returns she gets a bad feeling so she sneaked out and hid in a tree. She sees in the distant sky an “Anmar/Skycart” which is a wagon flown by six/seven large eagles (Think hot air balloon but instead of a ballon, it’s eagles). Her heart races thinking it’s Kun picking her up. But she’s still anxious so stays hidden in the tree. It is Kun and he approaches the cave. (He looks real good in the webtoon raws). To her he looks super fierce and scary. He starts crazy slaughtering everyone in sight. Lenny thinks how come he’s not even asking anyone if they have seen me. He’s just killing without letting anyone speak. He massacred all the grave robbers gruesomely. (I was pretty frightened myself at the webtoon raws and I agree with her logic of having to ask someone if they have seen her or at least hear someone’s voice because he’s heard her voice.) That makes her convinced that he never came for her and he just wanted to kill her. He finds some of her stuff and has dogs sniff it to look for her. She’s terrified at this point.

“The shouting of the subordinates resonated finely.“There will be more small caves around, and it is possible to hide in such a place. Go through it.” “It hasn't been long since it disappeared. Be sure to find it and bring it!” The words of the warriors were also murderous.” She’s pretty sure they are looking for her but she’s so scared. At the same time she also can’t believe that everything he said was a lie. In the end she doesn’t reveal herself and ran away.

But that seed of trust she has in her heart won’t die and she still wants to confirm it and see him again. She takes the axe to the Salt Castle (this is where Kun is) and the guards tell her about Kun is the new high priest, King or Rugal they call him. He united all the northern tribes and became Rugal. While she was hiding she noticed the search teams in fact got larger. She learns that Kun was like a crown prince was supposed to marry another tribes leaders daughter to unite the tribes through marriage. It was a big concession to marry Kun to another tribe because his tribe is the direct descendants of the cannibal birds. The other tribe betrays them and slaughters Kun’s whole family. Before slaughtering the other tribe renounces Utu and instead said they now serve Armanu and Kata of the golden forest. Kun escapes and swears on the name of his god he will get revenge. He’s injured and that’s when Lenny finds him.

After Lenny and him part he goes back home and slaughter the other tribe, this was the important thing he had to do, get revenge.

The guards keep praising Kun and saying that their god was so pleased they prepared a queen for him. They are surprised Lenny doesn’t know because every knows that a baby will be born from the queen soon. The keep saying their queen is the most beautiful woman. Lenny is crushed because there is no way it’s her. She angry and heartbroken and keeps thinking about the last thing he said, which was that he hated went they spent the night together. She feels pathetic that she still wants to see his face. In the end she wraps up his axe and asks the guard to return it to the Rugal. She makes up a story that a woman gave her this axe and asked her to return it to the Salt Castle. The guard asks what was the name of the woman to gave her this axe (the guards think she’s a boy). She tears up and remembers when she used to daydream about meeting him again and telling him her name. Instead she says the woman died and she never learned that woman’s name. The guards notice she is crying heavily and promise to give Rugal the axe. (It’s so sad she’s literally bawling her eyes out). After fleeing she realizes that she didn’t return the stone he gave her. She tries to bury the stone to throw it away, but she ended up digging it up again and couldn’t let go. She did that on repeat for two weeks.

I don’t understand what triggers it, but her slave stamp/stigma whatever is activated. This was originally to prevent her from leaving the Golden forest because she’s a slave. She’s in dire pain and the only way to get relief is to return to the golden forest. She yells for Kichida to save her (Kichida is the blonde one, the second ML), it’s a name she hasn’t called in 3 years. She didn’t want to die in pain like this. She’s also afraid to go back to the forest because the priest will kill her painfully for running away.

She hears the cry of the horse and someone calling Lenny. The horse sounds are coming closer and her name is called again. She can recognized the man at the front and it is indeed Kichida. She tries to run away but gets attacked by fire. She notices this as a warning and stops running.

Kichida approaches her on horseback and says “Lenny it’s been a long time. I never imagined that you would turn your back on me and run away. It’s wise you saw the warning and stopped” Kichida has a dazzling blonde appearance. (He’s described as by far the most handsome man on this earth I think)

KI : “I was told to come within three days. Be sure to come back in three days. You promised you would. Do you remember"

L: … Yes."

K: “But why are you coming back after 3 years? Didn't you think I'd wait anxiously?” Lenny stopped thinking of running away and sat down. As he leaned on his face, he heard the sound of his feet step by step as he trembled. He grabbed Lenny’s shoulder and raised it. His sweaty and distorted face was very strange. He asks quietly in a repressed voice. “Were you hiding in the Baekyeom Mountains?”

L: "Yes."

KI: “To avoid the manifestation of the arc ?” (He’s talking about her slave seal, it doesn’t act up in the mountains, that’s why she hid there) (the world “arc” is used and it’s like the magic power that the priest use)

L: “… … Yes."

KI: “It must have been very difficult.”

He dispels whatever magic is on her so she’s not in pain anymore.

(It then describes Kichida’s looks “A horrifyingly beautiful face was in front of my eyes. White and clean faces like sheep's milk, deep blue eyes, red lips like dropping poppies, and a waterfall made of melted gold on the hair.same. The descendants of Kata and Armanu, the Elyos, the celestial gods residing on the earth, or the priests of the Golden Forest, who are called half-human demigods, had the appearance of being non-worldly”)

Kichida has tears in his eyes and tells her he tried hard not to believe she was dead. Lenny feels confused (I think it’s because she didn’t expect this reaction from him). Kichida hugs her tightly and says he really hopes this isn’t a fantasy and that she’s really in front of him. It ends off on this:

“Don’t forget. You owe me your life and you promised to be my person, Lenny”

I think because of the order I read the book I'm pretty prejudice towards Kichida. So I'm not really looking forward to reading the rest of this Book 1 because I've heard it's literally all Kichida and no Kun in sight. I'll try keep an open mind since I've read reviews that during this arc some people jumped ships.

16. shung90

Reading List:
    Link
    This part is summarizing when Lenny met Kichida until her escape to the mountains

At 14 years old, Lenny’s master sold her to Kichida. At first Lenny can’t figure out if Kichida is male or female because he is so pretty. Kichida is like a cold stone piece of ice but after spending time with her he starts to show more emotion and she even makes him laugh wholeheartedly. He has to buy more slaves, all the slaves have to be girls around age14. During the time when it’s just Kichida and L he shows her a lot of magic to impress and entertain her as well as using it for her to have a comfortable bed. He treats her nicely and L decides that he’s her savior and wants to serve him for the rest of her life. So they go buy more slaves girls but he is gentle to everyone but not as nice to them as he was to L. He doesn’t show his magic in front of the others. You can tell he treated her with favoritism.

The girls slaves ask what kind of work they will do at the golden forest. Kichida says they will lack nothing and just live pampered, they won’t do labour and hard work. They are all excited. Lenny who has a good sense of danger realizes that they are going to be used as sacrifice so begs that she does slave work as she doesn’t want to be sacrificed. She also tearfully tells Kichida about her story about the curse and how she ends up hurting people. Kichida listens with compassion and replies that if she was a rich king’s daughter it would be a blessing because she would be able to influence men and become powerful. But the goddess giving this blessing to her, a slave, is basically making a big joke on her because she’s defenseless and can’t protect herself. He tells her although she suffers from the blessing he’s glad she was able to survive through self-defense. L is super touched because instead of blaming her for killing those people he tells her he’s glad she survived.

The other girls and the female priest at the golden forest are very envious of L because she has Kichida’s favor. He’s pretty cold to everyone else. They bully her and trick her into cutting off branches of the sacred tree as firewood. Kichida takes the blame and punishment saying it was his duty to educate her and she was ignorant to everything. So instead of her being executed he gets punished through whipping. Everyone thinks he’s crazy for him a divine being for being whipped for a lowly human slave girl. It’s also humiliating to the pride of the divine beings. It’s very painful and the whipping is brutal and bloody, so severe on the verge of collapse. The high priest is in charge of the punishment and is especially cruel because he knows Kichida is strong enough to replace him as the next leader of the golden forest.

The girls are bought for serving the “Spring Festival” the condition is that they have to have had their first menstruation. He finds out Lenny hasn’t menstruated and think she may be pregnant (of course she’s not). So he feeds her herbs to prevent her menstruation but that it also makes her infertile. It’s cruel but the only way he can think of to save her from the festival. The high priest isn’t finished punishing Kichida and locks him up for the entire festival and will give him more whippings after the festival. They plan to use Lenny in the festival and tells Kichida she started menstruating. He says in a broken voice that there’s no way she menstruated. They think he either impregnated her or fed her infertile herbs to make her not menstruate. (Yup, it’s revealed that priest molest these girls). The think it’s crazy how much he’s changed because the person they know hated being into contact with humans.

While he’s lock up I guess he can still go outside sometime although he’s guarded. He sees L crying hard because of how Kichida got punished severly because of her. Kichida uses a lot of powerful magic to make a scene to cheer her up. Many quoted this scene as a favorite.

“Instead of falling completely to the ground, the little fire began to flow in the wind and fly beside the girl standing in the dark. Body in black clothes. the little girl covered up was completely buried in the dark, and then appeared gloomy with the little sparks. The child was covering his face with both hands and weeping. “Don’t cry, please.” Suddenly, small embers poured out like snowflakes. Confused, the small child looking around with his head up. Her eyes are rounded, and he can see her reaching out his hands round and round, and she is frightened and hesitated. A small child is seen raising her white face and looking at herself with anxiety. Each of them began to change into a large and small butterfly shape. The three disciples stood at the door and screamed desperately. “Oh, Armanus. Oh My God." Butterflies spin around her and fly up and down in the sky. Hundreds and thousands of yellow butterflies began to dance around the child, twinkling like fireflies. The priests standing at the door covered their mouths with both hands and swallowed screams. This was an unimaginable arc expression technology. The level of what they can learn wasn’t. The disciples, who had served Kichida for a long time, but had never seen his skills to this extent, were struck by the sight unfolding in front of them. "I am OK. It’s okay, don’t cry anymore, huh?” Not yellow in the ground around the girl a star flower bursts like a bubble and blooms like a dandelion. Soon after, yellow star flowers began to spread brightly around the girl. “Look at this. Look a lot a lot. How pretty, how... … .” The girl is a little girl that blooms in piles everywhere. She saw a pile of star flowers, saw Kichida, saw a huge swarm of butterflies fluttering with gold, wrapped around himself, and saw Kichida again. The flower field grew wider, and the swarm of butterflies grew bigger, and the girl's surroundings were covered with light. Swarm of butterflies back and forth, they move and begin to dance. It poured down like a golden waterfall, gently wrapped around it like a hug with both arms, and waved around the girl like a meandering stream. It was fascinating and dazzling, so I couldn't open my eyes. A swarm of butterflies in motion. Numerous butterflies flap their wings and take the lead, as if rushing a girl to stare up blankly. It's dangerous to stay here for a long time. Goodbye. I'm fine, so be careful and go back. It will be dark, so butterflies will guide the way. In the movement of a swarm of butterflies. It seemed that I could hear a soft and warm voice. The girl, wrapped in a swarm of butterflies, looks up, walks a few steps along the swarm, then turns back and looks up at the banner. The girl lies down and bows. The small shoulders of bowing felt a lot of excitement. Kuchida held his forehead against the wall, pressed his two fists against the wall, and did not move. Hundreds and thousands of butterflies dance, take the lead of the girl, and escort them around every corner. The girl's path begins to sparkle with dazzling golden stars. The girl keeps looking back as she walks through the star field, I cried. The crying girl grew smaller and smaller with a bunch of lights, then slowly buried in the dark.

The spring festival happens and the girls are actually used as vessels of Armanu and it’s a s*x ritual where the descendants of Kata (the priests) will have s*x with the girls (Wow, wow, this is so sick, disturbing and twisted). Some of the girls even wish is it’s going to be a priest I hope it’s Kichida. Each day of the festival more girls disappear and it’s finally Lenny’s turn. Before the ritual they brand her with an iron to mark her as a sacrifice. It gets worse. Not only do they r*pe the girls but it’s a huge o*gy/g*ngbang with all the male and female priest. (OMG, it is so difficult to read it’s so gross). Luckily because of Lenny’s blessing before the high priest r*pes her he gets attacked by her power and she runs away.

While running away she runs into Kichida (I thought he’s locked up but guess he’s out but not participating in the ritual). He asks her why she is running away but immediately knows it’s because of the ritual. She asks if he’s going to bring her back to there. He doesn’t and tries to help her escape. He also protects her from the priests chasing her by using powerful arc. He’s been hiding it so far to not anger the leader. He tells her they are using the arc of fire so slaves who have been branded cannot escape, it’s going to be very painful for her. She notices he is injured and just cast illusions before so she wouldn’t worry about how hurt he is. He casts a spell on her saying it will allow her to escape. The spell feels like her body is burned. He tells her to leave and return in 3 days so he can stop the arc of fire. She screams that they should escape together. He says no he has to deal with the leader to make sure she can run away. She promises she will come back and repay him with her life. He hugs were tightly and she’s so shocked because she can clearly feel his desire for her. He kisses her and she leaves on horseback. After seeing his powers they know he’s the most powerful priest of all the priests and can take down the leader. He kills a priest and makes her look like Lenny and brings the body back pretending he caught her. Kichida’s solution to making the forest safe for Lenny is to kill the high priest. The only way you can become the next leader is to take a golden branch of the sacred tree to kill the leader, replacing them. Although Kichida is more powerful, because of the punishments it’s a more even fight. In the end, he’s successful and becomes the next high priest of the golden forest.

One of the female priest named Minne finds Lenny escaping. L thinks the stigma brand of fire will melt her if she leaves the forest. Minne tells her she has been misled and that Kichida has casts a spell on her and that symbol she sees on her body is from that. That symbol makes it so if she leaves the forest she has to come back or else she will be burnt painfully and die. Minne tells her that Kichida’s biggest ability isn’t the arc, it’s his ability to manipulate people and laughs at her for being tricked so thoroughly. L is so in denial because Kichida treats her so well and even sacrificed himself for her. Minne says a lot of convincing things and tells her if she wants to survive this arc that she either hides in the forest forever or go to the northern mountains where the arc is nullified. Minne is already gravely injured and in her last moments feels regret about sacrificing people and doing all the dirty things in the name of religion and believing in the high priest. Minne tells her to leave the Golden Forest and never return and find peace. She runs away believing Minne. She experience the scorching pain since she ran away from the forest. She keeps wondering if she has been lied to by Minne and thinks about going back because Kichida wouldn’t have done this to her right? Eventually she makes it to the mountain. Minne is right the pain disappeared.

Through all the burning pain of escaping she remembers their last conversation.

“Come back to the forest in three days. In the meantime, don't find a way for you to live safely”

”I will definitely come back in three days, Kuchida. -I'm really sorry. I wasn't buying you back then. How long the whole time I see you... … . Meantime… … I'm really sorry for not being able to tell. If I survive today, I will surely repay my grace. I give my life and the rest of my life to pray for this grace.I will pay you back.”

Lenny covered her face with both hands and walked toward the salt mountain, weeping. The nearby salt mountain was over a day long, and Lenny walked it crying for three days. May these damn tears wash away all the feelings for him left in my heart. I wished, but it turned out that the tears were helpless. The pain that has been transferred from the heart to the heart is wickedly pressed down.

Pfuong, Ariawolfgar, Kiriari and 15 others like this.
  17. boom2424

boom2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @shung90
    Thank you very much, you are my angel.(y)(y)(y)(y):aww::aww::aww::aww:

18. Toasty_Minzy

Toasty_Minzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god kichida and his whole religious tribe are trash! :blobcurse: Those poor girls. :blob_teary:

19. shung90

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome! I'm just so fortunate and thankful to all the people on the forums providing me with spoilers. So I'm glad I can help for a change :)

Yea the golden forest is really messed up... I initially didn't know it's that bad because I skipped those parts.
    What do you think so far about Kichida, I was wondering is people have any sympathy for him?
    I was a little touched with all he did to save her but... it's hard for me to like him. I love Kun so much more!

20. shung90

Reading List:
    Link
    Now we are at the current time where she is reunited with Kichida.

““Don’t forget. You owe me your life and you promised to be my person, Lenny” – I will repay this grace by giving all my life and the rest of my life”

L looks at Kichida and remembers those memories 3 years ago. Although the face is still beautiful she doesn’t admire it anymore. She’s become bitter and disillusioned while living in the mountains. The 2 men she loved, or thought she loved, both betrayed her and tried to kill her. However, Kichida is showing intense emotions and tearing up heavily. Before she would be thrilled that a divine being cried for a low human like her, but not now. Her heart is like ice and those hot tears won’t melt it.

She asks him if he has anything to say to her about what happened 3 years ago. She wants an apology for putting the stigma on her and wants him to remove it. Since the stigma shackles her to the golden forest which she hates, she thinks it’s a worse curse than the blessing the goddess Ianna gave her. She hates it that much.

“Did you say I was supposed to be honest with you three years ago?”

"Yes”

Ha... … haha. He started laughing with a drenched face. “There's nothing I can't do now. okay." “… … .”

“I love you, Lenny.”

Suddenly my head went blank. I can't believe what you've been told. Absurd, collapsed, and indescribable emotions rush like a storm, and then quickly escape. Lenny is stupid and laughed. It was so amazing that only laughter came out.

(I was surprised, not expecting a confession right here, but it happened)

“Why are you doing this now? Why didn’t you say that three years ago? Was it too difficult for the noble Elyos to make such a confession to the mud man? So, did you practice hard for 3 years?”

She’s very bitter and asks to confirm did he put that arc of fire on her so that she’s shackled to the forest. He calmly confirms he did that. But he was desperate not to lose her and he was distressed and felt terrible about it. He was going to release it when she came back in 3 days. Lenny is dumbstuck and those words get to her. She tells him, ok I believe you so take it off now. I promised I will uphold my oath to serve and be loyal to you. She is generous enough to forgive him if he apologizes for tricking her and take off the arc. Even thinks maybe he can start anew. But he says he won’t. She rages so hard yelling at him why. Then she begs with all her might that she wants to be free. He says he will release it when the time is right. The time will be when he finishes his divine mission of killing the cannibal’s children and returning to heaven. She loses it after he says that. “No, I don't love Kichida, nor any men in the world, nor any males…so now men are terrible and creepy.” (She’s speaking from more experience now as she has be burned bad by Kun.) She then hears the other priests called him Altir (that’s the name of the high priest, the guardian leader of the forest). She’s in shocked and didn’t know he become Altir. The other priest asks how did she not know, he became Altir at the Spring festival 3 years ago. Although he was in a state of severe injury, he still fought through to become leader. He says he kept his promise to her so she could come back to the forest safely. He told her he was on deaths door but still completed his oath to her. At that time, he was young, becoming Altir was dangerous because he didn’t have support for other priests. He lived a dangerous life but she never came back. He agonized for 3 years thinking she died. He felt tortured everyday thinking if only he told her he loved her 3 years ago, maybe so would have come back in 3 days. She sees painful burn marks on his hand that were the same ones 3 years ago, they haven’t healed. She becomes emotional hearing the things he did for her and how he has lived in pain. She’s getting confused about her feelings but still no matter what because he doesn’t take the stigma off, she can’t forgive him completely. He talks ambiguously making her think he isn’t ruled by his emotion and he will probably change.

“Emotions change anyway, so there will be no eternal truth, and you can choose the answer you want and believe. The other face of truth, it's doubt, and nothing can grow in a field sown with the seeds of doubt, so it doesn't matter which one you trust anyway.” Kichida's calm and clean voice gradually submerged in the water. He's used to hiding the melting pain and pretending to be a cynic with one arrogant pride.

She slowly began to choke. Should I have come back three years ago? Shouldn't I have contempt and rejected the confession that would have been too difficult for him, who had been practicing for three years? In the midst of confusion, a quiet and calm voice continued.

“I have your choice. I respect the results and will not force any feelings. I am the High Priestess of the Golden Forest, and I will never be fooled to fight the Seven Great Gods.”

She thinks about the curse and how she will be loved by noble men but she’s bitter and says no, she made choices every time. She made a choice 3 years ago, and a few months ago to save Kun.

Kichida tells her that regardless he needs her. Being Altir is dangerous and lonely. It’s hard protecting himself. She can protect him because she’s the best hunter and her fighting skills are the best.

“No matter how much I do, I will not be able to give Kichida the feeling he wants.”

“I’m tired of speaking now. It means I won't ask for your feelings anymore. If I can't have both feelings and loyalty, and you can't give them feelings, then I have no choice but to ask you for loyalty?”

“… … .”

“I am an Elyos, and in order to accomplish my divine mission, protecting my body and mind is paramount. As you know, I am a fundamentalist. I'm not happy with feelings intertwined with the mud man. I'm relieved of this situation right now. Do you understand?”

She looks at him and knows he is good at hiding and disguising. He will bury his feelings and stay true to his divine mission.

She asks again all those years ago the same question. If someone hurts me and I hurt them, is it bad? He gives the same same answer that it’s not wron, but his face does not look soft and gentle like before. It looks hard. What if that target is Kichida? Well he says that is ridiculous and won’t happen, he can’t hurt her. Plus if she kills him, who will release the stigma? (Damn, he’s right)

She makes up her mind to swear loyalty to him but never her feelings. She takes the reins of his horse just like when they first met. Kichida sucks at riding a horse and gets sick often. She jokes why hasn’t he developed arc to save him the trouble of riding, he laughs. It feels a like when they first met, the nice relationship between them.

They talk about how he wants to get more divine stones from the North, it’s been hard and they have a shortage (Well it’s because Kun has been meticulously brutally killing grave robbers that no one wants to try to get stones anymore). The talk and joke more. He tells her once he returns to heaven he will give her all the wealth that Eloys has accumulated. She laughs, but he swears to his god Kata. She doesn’t care about all the wealth, she has simple needs. She thinks nostalgically about the incredibly beautiful butterflies he made her all those years ago. She also thinks about his mission to eradicate the Northeners.

They arrive at the golden forest. He tells her it’s best if she covers herself up so no one can recognize her. There are still some that might from 3 years ago. He tells her actually today is the first day of the spring festival (Yuck, not that again!). Lenny is grossed up because of the memories and can’t speak. They separate as he gets ready for the festival and she goes alone to his old house. She passes the sacred tree and suddenly he starts floating in the air and gets hurt. She’s scared and thinks someone is playing a prank of her and using arc on her. But no one is around. She starts to express arc, flames coming from her fingertips. You need the divine stone to activate arc. She remembers and pulls out the black stone from Kun. The Stone is covered in her blood. This confuses her as the stone is black (All divine stones are yellow). She’s having a crisis thinking what this means. Is she an Eloys? But that doesn’t make sense, she’s a human. All Eloys are born from pureblood Eloys and have blond hair appearance. She’s frazzled and in the midst she accidentally passes the temple where the spring festival is happening. She sees Kichida presiding over the ceremony. Although the atmosphere of the festival is different from the previous Altir it’s honestly still disgustingly the same. Kichida is naked with a human girl and yea, it’s terrible. He also cuts out her beating heart as offering (I had to read it again to see if that really happened, it did). Although L knows this would happen she’s disgusted to the core. The same as every year, the o*gies start. She runs away continuing to vomit heavily while running away. Then she thinks if she’s really an Eloys that means she has to participate in the rituals right? She’s freaking out and breaking down. She pulls her hair and it’s completely golden color. She tries to calm down and says she will ask Kichida after the festival. But she wants to change her hair back to brown so there isn’t any evidence. She grasps the black stone desperately and it works, her hair turns back to brown.

Kichida comes back from the ceremony. They have to live together because she’s his bodyguard now and sleeping is the most dangerous time because he is defenseless and that’s when most assassination occurs.

“Did you come before?”

“… … Yeah."

“Why did you come and see the ugly thing when I said to rest here?”

“It’s ugly. Kichida is Altir, and he has done his job well.”

“Oh, well done.” He started to laugh. Heh, heh, heh heh.

'Whether you believe me. Whether you don't believe it, it's Kichida's choice.' I wanted to imitate it nicely, but my mouth didn't fall out in this situation.

“Lenny, I intend to carry out the divine mission of the Elyos in my generation. I'm ready to do anything for him. However." The voice of muttering with his head down now fades and fades, like a swaying lamp. “This is terrible.” He laughed out loud. “People say that the famine of the past few years did not satisfy Armanu because Kiros (the previous Altir) got old and sick, I think it happened. Is it funny?”

“Keep it up.”

“At least I'm much younger than Kiros, so I expect Armanu to be satisfied. So what should I do?”

“… … .”

“I have five women today, and I have to do something similar for the rest of the spring festival. I'll do it. To do that, I put unmarried incense into my lungs (drugs to get him through it) every day until I die.” Lenny realized that his condition was not normal.

“Kichida-nim, I think you are very drunk with unmarried aroma. Even if you don't have to... … .” “… … So what to do? As if it's creepy to the man, I'm sick of this stuff too. But shouldn't the job be done well? Armanu, to satisfy that lustful and evil woman. … … It would be good to be the eye candy for those who gathered, right?”

“Doesn’t Kichida believe in Armanu?”

“Armanu is my ancestor and my first mother. But he corrupts Kata and puts his noble life in mud. Kata shouldn't have loved her, and I should have killed Armanu and the half-man of the beast by rightly hitting her, and I shouldn't wait for Armanu and burned the tree and went straight up to the sky.”

“… … .”

“Lenny, I am sometimes suspicious. To really do this mission, If you kill so many northern people and burn Armanu, will the Elyos really go up to the sky? What if I couldn't go up to the sky even though I opened the massacre like that?” (You can tell he hates himself, his mission and everything he has to do in his life right now)

Lenny did not answer any more and quietly listened to his story. Altir's Solitude and disbelief are destined like destiny, and he does not need an escort warrior, but a person to confide in, or a person to protect himself from the terrible loneliness that drives him into madness. The position of Altir is an impractical mission and its rewards. It was a place to embrace instinctive greed, doubt that it would really happen, and the desperate solitude that inevitably follows all of it.

“I am an Elyos, and I am the high priest who rules the Golden Forest. But what you do is no different from a male singer or an imposter. Divine power. They study arcs to make clay tablets, sell them, subdue people, and study herbs deeply to make unmixed incense that only causes estrus and dark hearts, and to make terrible herbal teas that miscarriage mud human seeds and dry the womb.”

He tells her she should know because she’s drank that before. Suddenly Lenny starts listing very carefully. She thinks what, no way, when did that happen. He reveals he did it to protect her from the festival and that tea has lasting effect to make you infertile.

“The o*gy between humans and priests is a dog-like ritual that was unavoidably accepted for the safety and protection of the Golden Forest. However, the Elyos did not know that mud human blood was mixed with their blood. I hate you. I never tolerate such a situation either. My children, mixed with human filthy blood, aren't they terrible just to imagine?”

Oh My God. If I had accepted his feelings three years ago, was that what I would have to go through? No, have you been through it already? Lenny endured the nausea and barely opened her mouth.

“Ki, Kichida, then, the reason, the reason you gave me medicine at that time, is… … .”

“… … Lenny, you can't, do you think that I prefed that tea in case I'd leave a seed for you in the first place?”

Leni couldn't answer, and he covered his head and muttered bitterly. “I was even getting that suspicion from you. Ha, ha, haha... … .”

But Lenny couldn't comfort or soothe him. From herself, she has never had anything to do. Now I know why, and who took a ritual, what about those who had children?”

The tea works well but it’s not perfect.

“But what if a baby is born?” "Why? No way you even order the mother to kill her child?” Kichida laughed for a long time and said in a lazy voice. “As I used to do, I brought it to the royal family for adoption. To throw it away. I have to swear to them that I didn't kill the baby. It's a secret mission known only to Altir and a few high-ranking priests. Hahaha, I don't know how glorious and full of heart.”

Now Lenny knows why she started turning into an Eloys, she’s mixed blood.

“The most terrible thing is that even in situations like this, it's in heat for you.”

He laughed like a maniac because he is so gone and high on the drugs he fed himself.

In that haze he stills says he won’t ever do anything to her. L knows he is good at pretending and acting like a wooden stone.

“… I hope you don’t know this sensation all your life” (He’s saying he hopes she’ll never sleep with anyone, little does he know she has already done that with Kun)

He tells her to leave and get someone at the temple to serve his needs (Ok, I guess those drugs are aphrodisiacs as well) while his face is terribly pale and distorted.

She rushes out without hesitation.

L brings someone back.

Kidicha said it’s her job to keep him safe when he’s vulnerable so she has to stay in the room. (Yes, yuck she has to be there while he has s*x)

The female priest asks if he can tell L to leave. He says no. The priest tries to convince him. But no, L has to stay.

Well it actually turns out the priest is there to kill him. Together they kill the priest.

“How long has passed, I can't hear anything from behind. But Lenny still shut her mouth and trembled.

“Lenny.”

"Yes”

“Lenny.”

“Yes"

“Lenny, Lenny… … .” His gasping or sobbing sound became more and more clear. Lenny couldn't look back. The thick blood from the back wets the feet, but Lenny couldn't look back.

“In the future, you will always stay in place.”

“… … Yes, Kichida”

“No matter what I do, whether I sleep, eat, or have a ritual, have a woman, or whatever.”

“Yes, Kichida”

“You hurt your arm a lot.” After a while, a pouch and a white towel filled with hemostatic herb powder flew into the air. It was placed quietly at her feet.

“I can't touch you now. I'm sorry, Lenny.” It wasn't until the end that it was okay to go out. As Renie stooped down to pick it up, sprinkled with herbal powder and wrapped up the wounds alone, Kichida made a bizarre gasp behind her. Lenny had just paid her life for owing him, but she knew she wouldn’t be let go.”

The female priests had other followers, they are all executed in the most brutal ways. The spring festival continues like yesterday.

L knows that if she’s really an Eloys she would have to participate in those rituals as well. She decided to remain silent forever about her golden hair.

There are rumors about Kichida’s new guard whose nickname is “Spirt of the underworld queen”. They hear that Lenny is like an invisble shadow always where Kichida is and protecting him. Not much is known of the loyal guard besides that and his appearance is ugly.

The character Telkos is introduced. He’s a successful merchant that Kichida does business with.

To promote trade and negiotiate for mining divine stones, an envoy from southern king and 2 priests went to see the Rugal (Kun, king of the North). The north has pastured lands but winter is too long to produce grain. They hunt animals for food but it’s not enough to survive the long cold winter. The population is also growing so there are even more mouths to feed. Before grave robbers which mine for divine stones and some tribes willingly trade the divine stones to the Golden forest secrely. The tribe which assassinated Kun’s family was one of them. Later when Kun annihilated that tribe he became more strongly opped to the grave robbers and killed all who came there (Of course, also his experience in the caves made him hate them more). No robbers wanted to risk their lives anymore so the Eloys experienced a shortage. The Eloys need the stone to do arc. The northers started also thieving on the southern borders to make up for the lack of resources. The southern kingdom is arrogant and looked down on the northern kingdom and during his stay the southern king’s brother raped a maid. In the south that would be completely ok since he’s royalty, even expected to be offered prostitutes during his stay, so he was insulted when she fought back hard and injured his arm.

Kun tells them since they are in the north they will be punished in the northern way. The woman has the right to see you punished and can spit, hit you and throw stones at you. Of course he doesn’t agree and instead of that, Kun castrates him (LOL and here comes the funny part.) Actually castrating him and sparing his life was Kun being merciful. Based on their laws in the north to rape a woman is a death penalty giving by her family. Kuchida and Lenny is listening to Telcos’ story. Every thinks Kun is insane to go that far for a maid, it’s enough to incite war. Lenny stay’s quiet and thinks to herself, it’s a very expected response of the Kun she knew.

Telcos then explains that in the north, the higher the rank, the more strict it is about women. It’s monogamy, one wife and no concubines. Women and men stay separate before marriage. Only after the coming of age ceremony can they be together. Women are regarded highly, there is no such thing as prostitues in the north and no women serving in s*x rituals even in the temples. Completely different from the south. Lenny is starting to make connections with some of the things Kun says in the cave. Anyone man or woman who cheats on their spouse will be executed.

Kichida tells Lenny of his plans to get the north and the south to wage an all out war in order to kill the northerns and finish that part of the divine mission. L is upset for days knowing that he’s planning to slaughter Kun’s whole kingdom.They all agree that the center of power in the north is Kun, everything revolves around him and the people are incredible loyal.

In these 8 years together as master and servent, Lenny and Kichida has upkept their vow. Lenny gives unconditional loyalty and Kichida never shows his feelings for her and never crosses the line. L is sometimes unsure if he really just cut of his feelings like that but even for her who is closest to him can’t understand him. Kichida is just like that, always being ambigious. L tells him about her live in the cave and she learned things from a northern person.

“I have saved a North Korean man in distress. Have you ever told you? At that time, I stayed in the same cave for a few days.”

“From that person you heard anything about northern customs?”

"Yeah."

“Was it a man?”

“… … Wow. Altir from the Golden Forest is all jealous.” Lenier giggled and laughed and replied as calmly and humorously as possible. “Unfortunately, it was a child. Not even a coming-of-age ceremony. A Boy. (Haha, this is true)”

"Oh yeah? But it's a weird saying to be jealous. I just asked because I was curious.”

“Oh shit, I misunderstood. It was almost the glory of the family.”

“Don’t laugh.”

"Ah yes."

“Lenny… … . Don't laugh... … .”

"Yeah. I don't laugh, Kichida.”

"okay, Good... … .”

She falls asleep. They have always sleep in the same room for the sake of protecting Kichida.

Lenny sleeps very lightly in order to protect him but in very rare instances she falls asleep deeply. These times Kichida just stares at her face lovingly and it’s the sweetest and most bitter time for him. Of those times he knows she’s dreaming and she always say Kun’s name. It annoys him and makes him so angry hearing that name over and over again. (I think he created some arc to read her dreams?). He’s able to figure out most of the contents of the dream and realizes they aren’t just dreams but what happened in the past. He’s pretty smart so he figures out Kun is Rugal of the north.

“Kichida looked down at Renier's sleeping face and fell in thought. Have you ever been unhappy or happy because of my greed? Will you ever become unhappy or happy by my decision? The way I want. The way I should go, the way you want, the way you should go. A four-pronged road with no overlapping spots. I will eventually have to choose which path and give up. … … About this breathtakingly sweet and beautiful time.”

For his plan Kichida sets up a meeting with the Southern Kings. They want to subjugate the North. Certain kingdoms because they are at the border get pilaged a lot. Other kingdoms not at the border don’t want to participate because they don’t experience that. Kichida is very politically savy. He says the North is getting powerful and birthing more and more strong warriors. This leads to more piliaging, to make up for the lack of food in the north. They will eventually invade on a large scale and not only the border kingdoms will be safe. He uses this rehtoric effectively. If they conquer the north, the precious resources like wood, rock salt, whale oil, bronze and powerful slaves would be theirs. He particularly talks about more slaves will be a strong workforce and army. One kingdom can take down a northern tribe individually, that kingdom will benefit greatly and neighboring countries that haven’t participated won’t be able to sleep next to their neighbors who are prospering. Each kingdom falls for that line as they are afraid other kingdoms will get strong and eventually conquer them. Kichida also said that he will pledge Eloys for the war. The kings ask what’s in it for the golden forest. The golden forest wants the divine stones in the northern lands and also want slaves. (They want the northern people that are the descendants of the cannibals to exterminate them for the divine mission). They all agree on the invasion plan and Kichida will be commander in chief.

Before the war Kichida wants the northern tribes to turn on each other. He wants to send two people to infiltrate the north. L feels bad for the the infiltrators. He asks about her loyalty all these years and said he appreciates it all. He has chosen Telcos, the merchant and her as his people to go to North Korea.

- “Yeah, you've been on a tough mission for me for a long time. I'm sorry and thankful. This is probably the last task for me.”

“… … Yes?"

“If you come after completing this mission, I will fulfill your most desperate aspirations, Lenny.”

Lenny trembled all over her body. What is this, what does it mean? Lenny squeezed into his back. “Do you know what my most desperate aspirations are, Kichida-nim?”

“Did you think I didn't know of 10 years of earnest desire?” His back figure slowly moves away. No, he suddenly stops at his seat. But without looking back, He said in a calm and clear voice.

“The one you should save your life this time is Lenny.”

“Yes, Kichida.”

“He is the number one warrior in North Korea who has slaughtered a tribe with an ax.”

“… … Yes." Kichida knew. Who I saved from North Korea.

“He is the owner of the Salt Castle of Baekyeom Mountains.”

“… … Yes." And knowing well about Salt Castle, and knowing the most approach to the king there, are you sending me? Tears slowly run down my cheeks.

From the front, laughter began to flow again. The person who trained himself to laugh when needed instead of laughing, and to show tears when needed instead of crying when sad, smiles with a soft and sweet voice, turning his back to the newly pledged warrior. His silent voice touched the tears on Lenny's chin.

.“This is my last command. Come back safely, Lenny.”

Telcos and Lenny head off on their mission. Kichida tells Telcos to take this servent to the north as he is very useful, smart and strong. Everyone revers Kichida as Altir so Telcos doesn’t dare refuse. Telcos is a chatty merchant, a little too chatty. But Lenny has goodwill towards him and they get along. Even though Telcos has done business with the north before he thinks although they look like humans and dress like humans, they are still beasts. Kichida extends Lenny’s arc of fire for 2 months so she can travel to the north. Telcos is quick to catch on that Lenny has lived in the north. The way she’s not shocked but the hard terrain, sets up the tent to prevent the strong winds etc. He deduces that she is there to spy on him and he’s smart enough to know because L is the favorite servant of Atir, if she dies, he’s doomed. L thinks that at least he hasn’t figured out her real mission: assasination

They have almost arrived at the north and she thinks about her time in the cave with Kun.

-Can you tell me your name? I'm sixteen years old, and when the spring equinox returns, I will be 17 years old and have a coming-of-age ceremony. Okay. Before the coming-of-age ceremony, the guy who looked big but young with his face was the same age as me. I am a little curious about how it has changed now.

-I owe you my life, I will be sure to repay the grace. … … favor? Did you say grace? Lenny smiled so bitterly. Okay. Do you want to pay back grace, do you want to get rid of what you did, do you want to erase the messy past after getting married? So the conclusion was to pay off the grace by killing? I'm comfortable dying. Did you try to listen to my wish? Well. Your ancestors, cannibals, also paid back grace by eating Armanu, who gave birth to a child. He's a direct descendant, so it's not surprising if he repays his favor in that way. … … It was a little late, but I too, I came to repay the grace.

I read it as since the favor wasn’t repaid for saving his life, originally she wanted him to kill her painfully. Ironically she’s here now to get that favor, since it’s likely she will die by his hand afterall.

Telcos and her talk frankly and she tells him about her curse. She dresses as a boy so everyone think she is. Telcos thinks he’s been abused by ladies as a boy slave. He’s very curious about the two people that loved her and asks persistently about it.

-Lenny began to grumble, throwing firewood into the furnace.

“Both abandoned me. After marrying someone else, they chased after me to kill me, curse me hang it or push it into your limbs, both were masterpieces”

(Sigh, Lenny yea you seriously have been living quite a tough life… )

Her hair is starting to turn blond because the arc doesn’t work in the north. She’s thinking bitterly about Kun’s wife as they get closer to the Salt Castle. She asks Telcos about Kun’s wife and his kids. He’s only heard rumors she’s the prettiest lady in the north and he’s not sure about the kids.

Telcos starts exclaiming in surprise. Anmar’s are approaching which are a sight to behold. It’s a grand welcome to be greeted and ride in an Anmar, whose speed is amazing, faster than 12 dogs dragging a sled. She’s getting some traumatic flashback of when Kun came back on the Anmar hunting for her. Troops on the Anmar are approaching and she’s ready to die. Remembering what Kuchida said after giving her the last mission

“You cannot dispose of your life at your own discretion without my permission.” He kissed her forward and said “Be sure to come back alive”

Telcos and L meet the northern warriors. They ask for their names and they inform them that they are southern traders. They ask with hostility why they came when the relationship between the north and south is so bad. Telcos is trembling so bad and can’t speak, so L speaks up. She ask politely if they could give the courtesy of introducing themselves since they have done so.

A heavy and cold answer came out. “The son of Huwatu and Kahala, the owner of the Salt Castle, the eleven northern countries. I’m 'm Kun, Rugal of the Dog Tribe Alliance.”

Hearing from behind and inhaling is heard. Lenny raised his head. … … Kuhn? Eight years were long. The boy, whose youthful appearance had disappeared, became a warrior with a completely different face.

-We will surely meet again. The last word I heard from him bit his tail and burst in his ear. The eyes of a boy who once wondered so much, Lenny saw the first time in eight years. The boy's eyes had these deep and beautiful gray eyes. And now those eyes are cold and dark.

-The words sweared by our ancestors are not scattered. We will surely meet again.

-Northerners do not forget. Never forget, give me a chance to properly repay me. –

-Do not go! Do not go! Don't go! Tell me your name and go! please! The sound of howling like a boy vomiting blood broke his ears.

-When you finish what you need to do, I have something to say to you and to you.

–Then wait. I will come after finishing my work.

The son of Huwatu and Kahala, Kuhn, the owner of the Salt Castle and the blood lord who united the eleven tribes of northern countries. 8 years ago, what were you trying to say to me at the foot of the Baekyeom Mountains that were piled up in white? Lenny suddenly became curious about it.

This is the end of Book 1

The warriors tell Kun that they should torture them and find out what they are doing for the Golden Forest. They believe Telcos and Lenny are spies. Lenny swear on all the gods that she is not a spy. Kun says how does he know if she believe in these gods, your oaths could be false. (Oh Kun, you have really grown up a lot). Lenny smiled bitterly thinking about the naive devout boy she knew, where is he?

They cut open their belongings and Lenny has packed some bait with her surely to catch their interest. She packed cotton. Cotton is as warm as wool, softer than wool, thread is made easily and you don’t have to shear a sheep to get cotton. This is an extremely effective bait because in the north it is difficult to raise sheep and because of the weather, clothes are very precious. The climate at the north/south border is mild enough to grow cotton. If he’s a good king he will be swayed by the cotton since it’s essential to people and not the other luxuries they bought. The warriors ask why not kill them and take their goods. Lenny appeal to Kun by saying she heard that northerners value honor and that it not honorable, more like a bandit. She’s right that Kun is very honorable and he says he will not do that. He surprises them by saying they will go to the Salt Castle by Anmar and they better be able to prove their innocence.

Then ride the Anmar and for people not used to it, it’s a very rocky ride. Both Telcos and L have severe motion sickness. The both actually vomit in front of the northerners. Telco’s suffering so bad and asks to be killed. It seems like Kun is going to do it but Lenny uses everything she got to prevent that. She thinks dying for this reason is insanely stupid, she doesn’t want to see Telcos die. (actually I’m not too clear on what happened so this is my guess). Either way Lenny to salvage the situation and save Telcos, showing a lot of skill that is abnormal, only a trained fighter can do that. She tried to play it off and beg forgiveness that she just tried to protect her master. But nope, Kun doesn’t buy it.

“Lenny of Elde Island, tie that assassin to your knees! I will hit that throat myself.”