Recommendations Good Isekai novel with Op Mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Gilgarmesh, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Gilgarmesh

Gilgarmesh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it exists. Perf no Harem but not that important

2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youjo Senki if anything
    That being said we are talking about a cursed combination here. Most authors can't handle OP MCs. And if it is Isekai the odds are the author is as good a writer as the rabbid racoon that is trashing the trash can below the guys window.

5. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
  6. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may sound harsh but it is harder to find one with proper translation than finding the novel itself in those genre, especially in this era where official translations of those are available in few places. That being said, i recommend checking reigokai translation website and some of lightnoveltranslations (kinda hit or miss for this depending on the translator) website for those isekais

also i haven't checked it myself but i heard slime and Death March webnovel has been completely translated. i remember Death March's quality was also quite good the last time i read it myself

7. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsuki ga Michibiku , just two members to the harem after 300 chapter. Probably stay that way till the end. MC is damn good, the conflicting nature of a normal japanese teenager with OP MC in fantasy world is really well presented. Especially the character growth. Btw, the prologue is boring as hell, but within first 15 chapters, you will understand what OP truly means.

8. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The World is Overflowing with Monsters - OP MC. only 1 love interest so far. (after 200 chapters)
    MC has a Slime, has a Chiba Inui that can control shadows (she), a magical fox that buffs the entire party and debuffs enemy party. MC also has an Ancient Dragon and her child.

The World's Strongest Rearguard - OP MC. Its harem because he travels around with a group of females.
    There are times when he helps out some guys though. He doesnt discriminate.

9. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your definition of a good novel.
    Between serious plot or happy-go-lucky or a preferred ratio mix of the two?
    100 Goddess is pure comedy without any serious plot developments.
    Isekai Smartphone is similar but has a legit plot that grows dramatically over and over. But at the same time, it's slow-paced for my taste.
    Wortenia Senki is almost the opposite with plot heaviness and backroom conspiracies.
    Skeleton Knight has a chill character who get's involved in serious plots both voluntarily and accidentally. Very small romance as far as the manga has gotten too.
    Kujibiki Tokushou has pretty dull characters and messed up pacing but it's also funny with a likable character.
    Summoned Slaughterer is pretty damn heavy because of certain more serious events where the character well... slaughters
    Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu has the weirdest world-building but is cute and easy to digest
    Level 2 Cheat is a slow slice of life novel. Pacing's chill and full of life. Not really a harem since he's dedicated to his one wife.
    Level 99 Villainess is funny, but it's a villainess novel so if you don't like that it won't be good too you.
    Realistic Kingdom Building Hero has a flavorful mix of comedy, plot, and legit intelligence from all characters but lacks the sort of light fluffiness of other novels.
    Lazy Dungeon Master is a very my-pace novel and had a deep underlining plot, but makes you wonder if the MC's ever going to get involved(dragged into) it. Or if he'll just sleep. Not exactly a harem... but might as well be.
    Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu I love the manga but couldn't read the novel for some reason. Personally, I love it because the main character tries to learn common sense but just doesn't have it. Then he's surrounded by people who ignore common sense all the time.

If it doesn't have to be a novel, there's I am the Sorcerer King which is about a Sorcerer from another world reincarnation into the modern world. Well, a Modern world filled with Solo Leveling type dungeon fantasy. No romance at all.

There's also problems where the translator is the reason why some good novels aren't well received.
    I believe Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou deshita? falls under that category.

My top 3 Recommendations are
    Maou Ni Natta is a good novel. MC's a bad ass and hilarious. The way the characters interact is also funny and the plot pacing is perfect in my opinion.
    Magical Explorer has a super funny main character. Character growth. As well as an MC who will do anything to reach his goal.
    The Eminence in Shadow is a must read. MC's as OP as can be, everyone knows it. He does a good job hiding it too. Since everyone thinks he's a genius despite how he knows absolutely nothing.
    P.S. All Harem's. Sorry. All Good Novels nevertheless.

There's also the problem with writing style ruining a good novel. Or one other super significant flaw that makes a great novel sour.
    Some people like things other people hate.

Good luck and stay healthy

10. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally every japanese isekai has OP MC

11. Gilgarmesh

Gilgarmesh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for everyones recommendations.