Recommendations Good Romance from Male Protagonist PoV

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for any story with BG romance that's from the male protagonist's point of view and where the protagonist is active in their pursuit/romancing. I don't want anything where for a large part of the start it's one sided or a passive dense MC kind of story.

The story doesn't need to be all romance or focused on it. In fact, it'd be nice if that wasn't the main focus of the story. For example, SSS-Class Suicide Hunter's romance came as a pleasant surprise. Of course I also like the protagonist to be endearing/charming and have an interesting personality. Power couple dynamics would be nice too.

It can be a translated web novel, it can be a fanfic, an original novel, etc. It can also be harem. It can have lemon/be nsfw. I just want something fun and sweet and to see the male protagonist flirt and romance a heroine.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Smilingly and DiabolicGod like this.
  2. Quirkayla

Quirkayla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Noble Wife Wants No Love work?
    Plot: ML was about to divorce his (cruel) wife who's crazy and madly in love with him. But right as he was about to sign the divorce papers, he hears her inner thoughts and discovers she was acting the whole time and was very very very excited about divorcing.

It's written in the third person but for the most part it's focused on the ML's perspective and shows how he reacts to the FL's thoughts and actions. He's mostly annoyed/angered by it at first but does get to know her better because of it and slowly changes. It's not your usual fluffy pursuing but it's really fun to read.

Cosmic_ and Smilingly like this.
  3. caelumsidhe

caelumsidhe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Frog prince and the witch
    The Little First Grand Secretary In My House- setting is ancient China, protagonist works his way as an official again (after reincarnation) while making it up to his wife.
    24 hearts
    Ending Maker - the romance comes a bit later in the story but prior to this, the banter between the ML & FL is very enjoyable
    I Appear to have been Reincarnated as a Love Interest in an Otome Game
    The villainous daughter’s butler i raised her to be very cute
    Akuyaku reijo no koi wo shite
    quick transmigrations:
    The Starlight shines when he came
    I am a big villain
    Scum male’s whitewashing manual
    The analects of righteous father’s collapse
    Good man operation guide

you can also try using the filters that novelupdates have in the series finder tab. I usually use it to scour for novels. Mark romance, add tags for male protagonist and exclude female protagonist. Then you can exclude also BL genre if you don’t like it. I hope this helps and may you find something you can read in your leisure time.

Cosmic_ and Uncopyright like this.
  4. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Akuyaku Reijou ni Koi o Shite

Cosmic_ likes this.
  5. skillet

skillet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link