Japanese Goodbye Dragon Life, Hello Human life

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by ditypa, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ditypa

ditypa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RAW: https://syosetu.org/novel/97474/#
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sayonara-ryuusei-konnichiwa-jinsei/

Why it Should Get Picked Up: One of the best reincarnation novels I have read, despite having so little translated. Its an interesting OP protag novel that I think has an interesting premise, a nonhuman being reborn as a human rather than vice versa. Also, In the past 3 years, only 8 chaps have been tled ;_;

Description:
    The oldest and strongest Dragon who grew tired of living chose to die when the Heroes came for his life. When the Dragon’s soul was waiting to drift toward the Sea of Souls, that was when it noticed it had been reborn into a Human baby.

The Dragon then decided to live a life as a Human to the fullest, and regained his will to live. The Dragon was born as the child of a farmer and lives his life in the frontier possessing enormous amounts of power due to his soul being a Dragon’s.

He then encountered the Demon of the Lamia race, fairies, Black Rose, and later entered the Magic Academy. The man whose soul is of a Dragon lives his life in joy going to Magic Academy, spending time with an old friend, The Earth Goddess, meets beautiful girls, strong classmates, the Dragon King and the Queen of Vampires.

Kenja likes this.
  2. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched

3. eros

eros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a manga too

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's been years huh.

I do miss it.

5. M4L4DD1CT10N

M4L4DD1CT10N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is wicked...i really want him to end up banging the sword princess...

6. GNT01

GNT01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    Im hoping that somebody picks it up
    Because after Reigokai (translator of Tsuki ga michibiku) caught up with the latest Tsuki ga michibiku wn chapter and was open for suggestions to translate another novel (World Reformation won) and sayonara ryuusei was brought up, he said that in Alphapolis has implemented a ‘pay to read’ system. First few chapters are free, but the next ones, you have to pay. Also, you can’t copy+paste there anymore and it seems there is no way around it and sayonara ryuusei was discarded

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. Kari_translations

Kari_translations Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    またアルファポリス社様との書籍化の際の契約によりまして、現在第一話~第百十九話までがWeb掲載用に書籍化該当部分を差し替えたものとなっています。
     アルファポリス社様のHPでも掲載されています。
    Thats from syosetu hameln:
    According to the book agreement with Alphapolis, the chapters from one to the 119 have been replaced with the corresponding parts of the light novel publication.

※2016年9月より、ハーメルン様でも合わせて投稿させていただいております。
    And this is from Alphapolis:
    Starting September of 2016, Hameln will start posting the chapters too (along with alphapolis).

I havent read the raws, but i believe that means that the chapters from Syosetu hameln are the same as the ones from alphapolis. And i think they are since the lastest chapter posted in hameln was posted on january 29 of this year.

So yeah, if someone wants to grab it, the only issue i see is that there might be changes to the chapters already translated.

8. Kenja

Kenja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I nth to notion of translating the remaining chaps of this one

9. Xevo

Xevo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. ditypa

ditypa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it was picked up, then dropped.

11. Genji-san

Genji-san Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was a pretty good novel I remember reading a while back, hopefully some kind-hearted translator sees this and decides to pick it up.

Summary:
    The oldest and strongest Dragon who grew tired of living chose to die when the Heroes came for his life. When the Dragon’s soul was waiting to drift toward the Sea of Souls, that was when it noticed it had been reborn into a Human baby.

The Dragon then decided to live a life as a Human to the fullest, and regained his will to live. The Dragon was born as the child of a farmer and lives his life in the frontier possessing enormous amounts of power due to his soul being a Dragon’s.

He then encountered the Demon of the Lamia race, fairies, Black Rose, and later entered the Magic Academy. The man whose soul is of a Dragon lives his life in joy going to Magic Academy, spending time with an old friend, The Earth Goddess, meets beautiful girls, strong classmates, the Dragon King and the Queen of Vampires.

12. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't even realize that the translation stopped.

13. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, I thought I saw this novel being translated again not long ago (from scratch). But they stopped once again.

I have to add this one to my "cursed series" list.

15. Tangerinus

Tangerinus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually translated by "Light Novel Translations". The translator had some IRL problems lately and didnt put out any chapters but its supposed to come back soon (or they will get another TL for it as they stated on their discord)

16. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, its a cursed translated novel in my books.

the nice one that stopped,
    the other one that tried for a bit,
    that one guy who didn't realize he's translating the LN and not the WN so transitioning between TL 1 to TL 2 was like reading a whole different story.

Yeah.

At least the manga is a thing, am I right?
    Right?
    *looks at speed
    *cries