Google Bug please help

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by dio444, Jan 10, 2020.

1. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello i have a problem with my google chrome when i click sometime the tab ( fenetre or onglet sorry i'm french my englsih is bad ) open another window ( the same window) exemple i click on facebook home or any other site web that's open another facebook or the other site in a new window like you open a new google chrome and when i write with my keyboard they letter are in capital( my uppercase keys is not used ) and when reclick they open the same window again and again. this bug is not really common but it just come back 3 days or a week or sometime 3 hours or 2 i have never have this bug in any other computer it's a hack ?? or not ??

2. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try disabling your extensions. See if that fixes things.

3. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok thanks :)

4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    If your talking about your computer and not your mobile, then try opening Windows On-Screen Keyboard and see if any keys are permanently pressed. If they are, click on them on the virtual keyboard and see if they stop being pressed. If they stop, it should fix your issue, if then don't - your keyboard is probably messed up. Try unplugging it - it might work normally after replugging or it might need to be changed to a new one, or it might be fixed if you take it apart and clean the insides (something could be blocking your key in there).

Does it happen in chrome only? Or does abnormal behavior persist in other places as well?

5. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no only google chrome and any of my key are pressed and it's a laptop

6. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try uninstalling Chrome, removing the profile folder and installing Chrome again, if you don't mind losing your history and bookmarks. Not sure if it'll fix things or not though.

Personally, I recommend using Firefox instead.

7. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's really random it's has been two week and i got the bug today i disconnected all of my exrension except my blocker pub

8. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's not an issue with extensions, try using a different browser for a while and see if it happens there. By making slow changes like this, you can narrow down the cause of the issue. At this point, it's a problem with Chrome, your hardware, or your operating system. By changing browsers, you can eliminate Chrome as the source of the problem if it happens with another browser.

9. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, first off, export your bookmarks; after that, go to settings > Advance > Reset and Cleanup and do a reset. If this doesn't work, do what someone else said, uninstall Chrome, then find the folder it's located in, delete that folder, and re-install chrome.

I remember something similar happening, where I couldn't right-click to select private window, and by doing this, it worked.