Japanese Gosick

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by JapaneseFandom, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JapaneseFandom

JapaneseFandom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Gosick
    Raw Link: [REDACTED] (Removed by mods, PM me if anyone wants to pick this up so I can share raws)
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/gosick/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I don't know how to read nor speak Japanese but from what I've seen on MAL and heard from a few people I know Gosick is a series that has been well received by the community (both the anime and novel).

After binging through the available translated chapters I've been craving for finding out how this series ends but sadly the translator hasn't updated the series in almost 5 years now. I've grown attached to the characters and so far they haven't lost their luster, and I also like the unique setting this novel takes place in (Not gonna spoil much because I'd like to encourage people to read at least some of what has been translated and judge the series themselves).

After desperately looking for the raws I've finally stumbled upon a file which includes the raws for the whole series. I hope that someone out there can pick this up because I think this hidden gem deserves more attention than it already has. (Note: Don't rely on the desc too much, try reading a bit for yourself and judge the story/book.)
    Description:
    The year is 1924, the place, Sauville, a small European country neatly tucked beside the Alps...

Kazuya Kujo has been studying abroad at the prestigious Saint Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. Most Kazuya ignores—but the story of the "Queen Berry," a mysterious ghost ship, really gets to him. Of course, his brainy friend Victorique is much more intrigued by true stories, and she uses her unrivaled logic to solve mysteries even the town's famous detective can't. Ironically, it's Victorique's inquisitive nature that leads the duo to board a ship that matches the "Queen Berry"'s description to a tee, a ship that might just hold the key to solving a sinister mystery...

Kazuki Sakuraba's modern twist on Holmes and Watson—pairing Victorique, a brittle young girl with doll-like looks with her eager-to-please sidekick Kazuya—make this international bestseller a must-read murder mystery.

(Source: Tokyopop)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    DooMWhite, Vesica, Ddraig and 4 others like this.
  2. Airisu

Airisu Where is my daily GL

Reading List:
    Link
    +999999999

Khatulistiwa likes this.
  3. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    until what volume is the anime?

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the title is Got Sick the first time I discovered this anime. I was like "uhm, that's a rather creative title"

5. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    +999999999999999999 !!!
    Btw i heard the Tokyopop license of the novel is already run out, so as long as it's not DMCA'ed, we're fine !
    Screenshot_20180308-085239.jpg

Ddraig likes this.
  6. JapaneseFandom

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it'll get DMCA'ed since the links of the previous translation have been up for the past 6~7 years (which is after tokyopop dropped it by 2 years) so I think we're fine.

7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Why it should get picked up? COZ IT IS GOSICK FOR FUCK'S SAKE

+infinity

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019
  8. JapaneseFandom

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like mods removed raw link, in case anyone would like to pick this up please PM me.

9. DooMWhite

DooMWhite Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Up!!!!