Grammarly Premium

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Ram5, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently trying ProwrtingAid plug-in and it is a bit different from the Grammarly one?
    Any pros and cons for the plugin? I'm trying to keep an open mind except for the pricing.

2. Cristina Nelson

Cristina Nelson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been using grammarly premium as my grammar checker and I can say that it is worth to have. I can say this for the reason that it can detect not only spelling errors and grammar mistakes but it can also help you improve your writing skills.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can honestly say I had the opposite experience. It did catch my spelling mistakes, so I’ll give it that. But! It thought that my good grammar was bad and didn’t catch me when I tried deliberately making mistakes. On their social media platforms and advertising sites, they also consistently and repeatedly refer to anyone who cares about grammar as “grammar trolls,” and do their utmost to degrade, humiliate, and shame said “trolls.” If it works for you, that’s wonderful, but having spent decades learning grammar under my English professor mother, I know that Grammarly is not right for me.

4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I can relate just a bit. Back then, I I do grammar checks by what I learned and by the book (as in the literal grammar book). Nowadays, I had to pick up Grammarly and the like coz my boss uses it and I really don't want a discussion on proper punctuation and stuff. Still, I find myself correcting because of repeated mistakes in grammar. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing is still to come.

Anra7777 likes this.
  5. Cristina Nelson

Cristina Nelson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Anra!, maybe you are using the free version of grammarly. I also use that version before and it really has limitations. That's the reason why I subscribe to the grammarly premium paid version of it so I can use all of its features.

6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    -_- It should be “Hi, Anra!” And there shouldn’t be any comma after the exclamation mark. And “maybe” should be capitalized. You “also used” not “also use.” “Grammarly” should also be capitalized.

And why I do I feel as though you’re being paid by Grammarly to write this message extolling Grammarly?

7. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Savage. (^ω^)

8. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible bot/spam proflier?

Westeller and Anra7777 like this.