Spoiler Grasping Evil spoiler discussion.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Konstantin, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm on 400+ chapters of the novel and though it becomes much better in some aspects (compared to first 100-200 chapters), in others, it becomes somehow annoying. My main complaint is - MC becomes less and less OP even though he getting more and more "supposed to be OP" skills. Currently he is Half-step Void Refinement, after Drawing the Soul he has as much magic force as Initial Stage Void Refinement, but he still absolutely helpless against Mid Stages, even though he was able to somehow defend against Initial Stages while he was only Mid Stage Spirit Severing and was able to kill them when he was at the Peak. It makes no sense, that is the point of giving MC a bunch of new techniques if they don't really make him stronger? He was at the peak of his OPness when he was Harmonious Spirit, now he is barely stronger than anyone else, which makes no sense considering that he is superior in ALL aspects (having Intent beyond any ranks, Ancient Bloodline, skill with Samsara power, and other things each of which should make him invincible at the same rank).
    Another thing which is rather ridiculous - Sixth Stage Void Shattering Rain Sovereign was unable to run away or destroy 343 Void Refinement Puppets (most of which are at Initial Stage). Considering power balance in the novel this is complete nonsense.

So the question for those who read the raws further than me - does power balance become better?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019