Picked Up Grasping Evil

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by earthshaker44, Aug 23, 2017.

1. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing I like about this novel is that it isn't afraid to show what some people would do in certain situation with or without a level head and power. It has smut but isn't about the smut, it's decent novel for an older demographic. Or at least till we get something better. Mor "mature", I use that term loosely, novels please

2. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this! I really like it.
    It was picked up for a while, but the translator half-assed it, and dropped after a few chapters, so I hope that someone who takes translating seriously takes over.

3. archn3m29

archn3m29 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Grasping Evil
    Raw Link: http://book.qidian.com/info/2939492
    NU Link (if avaliable): http://www.novelupdates.com/series/grasping-evil/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I've read at least 1000+ chapters of this novel and I consider as a really worthwhile journey. While it is true that there are lots of snusnu and fanservice, I believe this novel isn't restricted to that. The journey to become strong, the battles he faced, and the battles he will face are as epic as some of the best novels out there like the ones on top. I'm not saying they are the same, but the feel is there, and it would be incredible to have an English translation for it.

Now, let's go to the other side of things. I believe one of the reasons why a lot of translators don't want to pick this up is because of QI. However, after I have talked with some of the bosses (Yes, I'm from QI), they told me there is no chance for them to pick this novel up because of the sensitive content it has. To put it simply, it's up for the grabs (I will get confirmation for this), and I think a novel as good as this should be translated for the fans. It's quite unique since the title is true to its core and goal.

Okay guys, let me clarify something. We were rejected numerous times for months, and we asked again a few days ago, but we were rejected still. The main concern is the underage sex, and the prominence of sex as a whole in this novel. I think sex is fine, but too much is too much for QI. In other words, to censor this novel, is to censor a fourth of its contents. Then again, I would like to clarify that everything I spoke of here is based on what I experienced and me being a fan of Grasping Evil. I am by no means representing QI in any of what I said. To put it simply, I posted as an individual fan with the knowledge I gained from the bosses.

Confirmation: If a translation team wants to translate it, they should host it in either QI itself or GT. Welp. Not sure if anyone would like to do it. I'll try to suggest otherwise, but I'm only a very very minor character.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amazing how you believe such a response from them is enough to make any thinking person decide to pick it up.

archn3m29 and Mangochic like this.
  5. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Selling popcorn,cookies and soda!!!

6. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they sort out the censoring by now?

... and maybe you want to provide the written ok from your bosses ... just to be sure that they won't barge in once someone translates the novel ...

otherwise, I'll give my +1 as I like the novel ...

trag23 likes this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The sensitive content is precisely the reason i WANT to read this novel. Uncensored or gtfo.

8. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Qidian say if it was really up for grabs, (i.e they won't DMCA the shit out of whoever is tling it) or are they just not localizing it. Big difference because if TLers need to buy the license from Qidian then only the few bigwigs will be able to do it, and given the content of the novel I don't think it'll be popular amongst everyone.

9. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    that s the reason i want to read it :blobnosebleed:

elengee likes this.
  10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with God of Slaughter, there was supposed to be a lot of it, fellatio, handjob etc. I don't bother reading it since that was all cut out at some point.

arrogantyoungmaster likes this.
  11. KeiranD

KeiranD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a feeling it's the former? Maybe they are just going to pretend the novel doesn't exist, so they don't have to deal with the dubious content at all

12. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldn't groping evil owo

Grope lolis o-o

arrogantyoungmaster and elengee like this.
  13. archn3m29

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it's because I've been negotiating with them for 4 months to pick this novel up with another group of translators that this came to be. To put it simply, we were rejected again and again, for 4 months. And it took how long for other novels in the translation scene to pop up in qi with "random translators"? While we have a group of translators + 2 editors, yet qi still denied it. We confirmed the reason as the numerous underage sex, and many other factors that will go against SARFT. To put it simply, QI will never host it unless they want to get man-handled by SARFT or their international partners.

14. archn3m29

Reading List:
    Link
    I will ask for confirmation about this. Thanks for this question, and I hope I can provide some replies asap. Yeah, it's honestly because I'm a fan of this novel that I wanted to post this. We were rejected again and again, and as explained by my post above this, I believe there should be no problems. Only those novels which were contacted by QI by email and those that they have on their list will be the "restricted ones" that can't be translated anywhere other than qi. But again, this is an opinion. Please by no means should you guys think that this is an official response from QI.

15. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    ... maybe their non-official responses are more trustworthy ... :blob_zipper_mouth:

However, if you have a team willing to translate it ... why not post it on another site yourself?

16. archn3m29

Reading List:
    Link
    Well what the tl team wanted to find was work with QI, not to mention an enjoyable one; since it can't be done, then they will just get another novel as per QI's suggestion.