Discussion Grasping Evil

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lothbrok, May 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lothbrok

Lothbrok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering why Qidian or any other site (other than LiberSpark) has not yet picked up Grasping Evil. About Qidian, I'm really surprised that they still have not chosen the novel to translate, after all, Grasping Evil is one of the best novels I've ever read, and it's way better than other novels of the same genre. LiberSpark, which is translating Grasping Evil, but we know that the translation is very slow, this novel deserved a decent translation speed. :blobcry::blobwoah:

2. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    NU page says it updates every other day. Though I see it's in parts, that's still pretty good. Translating from Asian languages to English is notoriously difficult. Me thinks you're being unreasonable. These are the type of complaints that cause projects to be dropped completely. Take a break and find some completed novels if it's too hard to wait every 2 days. You aren't going to find better speeds anywhere else.

thymee, Sabruness and TheHoblit like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've heard about said novel, if QI takes over, there'll prolly be more censoring than TLing. :blobrofl:

4. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always try mtl if it's too slow for you

5. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Grasping Evil is to problematic to translate. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the best CN on NU, but it has to many problems. First, chapters are maybe 2x or 3x as long as average novels. If one wants translations to be popular, they must have good release speed. For Chinese novels, 1 chapter a day is a must. It would be way to hard to achieve it. Second problem, the amount of sex scenes. Qidian tries to avoid it, and it would be impossible in the novel the core of which is sexual cultivation. 3rd problem is the release speed of raws. We get like 1 raw chapter in 2-3 months.

mm38910 likes this.
  6. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    About the size of the chapters, I do not agree with you. I've read novels with longer chapters than Grasping Evil having a faster translation speed. About the other problems, unfortunately it's true. It is a pity that the author launched the novel in Qidian. But about the speed of the author's release, I think unfortunately he will drop the novel at some point. Look, it looks like the romance started in 2015 and we're in 2019 with only 1k200 + chapters.

7. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I think I'll read on Comrade Mao.

8. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My hope is that whoever is translating Ancient strengthening technique , starts translating Grasping Evil.
    The translators of ancient strengthening technique does 2 chapters per day, or 14 chapters per week if you will.
    I read some of Grasping evil and then started to skip chatpers ahead to see how it is and i love it. But i cant read mtl i just dont understand any of it

9. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    Brother, Ancient Strengthening Technique sucks compared to Grasping Evil. But it is easier to learn Chinese than the Wuxia World begin to translate Grasping Evil. :blobcheeky:

10. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any suggestion of high-quality harem romance?

11. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree AST sucks. I dislike it because the MC leaves behind his women and we never hear from them again ....

As for suggestions of high quality harem romance, there are plenty.... but the qustion is can you tolerate the story and everything else ? I can easily give you some good harem novels with good romance but they will probably have other points about them , that you will dislike

Peerless Martial God - There is very good romance between the MC, the first girl and the princess. The first girl is cold most of the time but she rly loves and cares for the MC and there are some nice moments between them that make it worth it. For example I loved the moment when she learn that the MC is traped inside an ancient traning grounds and it may take years for him to come out, so she told the rest of the soldiers that they can leave if they wanted to, because she will stay and wait for him infront of the door that leads to the training grounds. Ofc my description of this moment does not do it justice.....
    As for the princess , she is entirely devoted to the MC. She probably loves him the most out of his harem. She even told the MC , that if he does not accept her love, that she is ok if she becomes his servant, so she can be together with him. They also have very sweet moments. The romance is top notch.
    What you may dislike is how the story is repetitive and the amount of arogant young masters. But that does not bother me at all, because as long as the harem is good, i dont care about anything else.

Womanizing Mage - the MC is super perverted at the start but he becomes less perverted and more smooth later on. But there is good romance here. There is actually good romance with almost every harem member. Although the MC can be an asshole at times. But he acts like an asshole just to tease them. Onces he realizes that a woman falls in love with him, he stops with his jackass teasing.
    For example the Princess that he raped in chapter 2. He ended up raping her because he transferd into the body of the retarded young master of the clan (you will understand when you read it, MC doesnt go around raping women). Anyway, the princess hates him after this. When she later meets him she tries to kill him and when she fails she tries to kill herself and him with a super spell, but fails. She then thinks of a plan to make him suffer, by making him fall for her so she can break his heart. But she ends up falling for him and then when they open to each other its super sweet.

Long Live Summons - Not much to say here. MC is the pinnacle of alpha male. Sadly the more spicy romantic moments happen much later in the novel. At the start , the MC is a super pervert tho. He builds the harem easily and the girls know each other, so its kinda funny when they meet xD
    But the romances picks up its pase after ~300 chapters or so. In the first 300 chapters, there is good romance but the moments are too few and far between.

Endless Path Infinite Cosmos - the romance here is godlike. Its heavuly focused on teh MC and the girls he interacts with. Because the MC is traumatized by his privious life (he was captured and experimented from a young age, he doesnt know how to communicate like a normal person) he gets into some awkward situations but when he starts to realize some things, he gets much better. You can feel how the MC grows and his relationships too. And the women in his harem care for him on another level, they even make a monthly event where the entire harem gathers and talks about stuff liek schedule and shit, its pritty sweet and funny at the same time. The first event was amazing when everyone had to state their name and what is their current relationship with the MC and how they want it to progress. You have to trust me on this one. The romance is next level.
    If you read it tho, let me give you a warning: The MC will think like a beta male and think stupid shit. For example he says that he is "ok" if the girls go find other men and having an open relationship.... dont worry this is just his beta talk, this never actually happens. He grows possesive and no longer has such thoughts.
    Another thing you should ignore is his talk with Loki on how its good to impregnate other goddess with his own seed for political and military power. No such thing happens. Once a goddess(or any women) has sex with the MC, they are with him and are loyal, dedicated and love only the MC. Even the goddess Freya, who is the biggest slut ever, joins the harem later and loves only the MC and she never goes for other men ever again.
    So if you read the novel, just remember... IGNORE the MCs pathetic talk/thoughs on the matter of relationships.

Honestly i can give you many harem recommendations with good romance but they may have things you dislike in them. If you can focus only on the harem and romance (like me), you can read a lot of shit.
    The True Endgame - has good harem and romance. This is not a normal harem tho. Everyone in the harem loves each other, its jsut happens that the MC is the only male in the harem. The girls in the harem also love each other, not just the MC.
    But its filled with sweet moments. But you have to bare the first 50 or so chapters tho. At the start the MC is kinda dense and pathetic.

Very Pure and Ambiguous The Prequel - very nice romance. Its super sweet and its amazing when the girls act spoiled. I highly recommend this, its almost fully translated too. What you might dislike in this is how OP the MC becomes and how everything falls into his hands easily. And some alient shit later down the line. But the harem and romance is nice .... except 1 girl which feels forced, she appears ~400 chapters in. Apart from her, every other harem member is amazing and the romance between them is high quality

108 Maidens of Destiny - is probably the sweetest romance of the harem i suggested. But the first girls is the best one without a doubt. And then the woman he meets in the training grounds (she is actually a lesbian and is into her own maiden, but after meeting the MC... when you can guess it). They share orianted marriage swords and there romance if very good after that. Although she hated him at teh start. Trust me on this one chief.

runsing likes this.
  12. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    Brother, we have similar tastes. I read all the novels you indicated, I abandoned only PMG and 108 MOD has few chapters. But about Endless Infinite Path Cosmos, are you sure? Even though the open relationship did not happen, does the MC really have a "liberal " mind?

-> Do you know other harem novels on the same level as Grasping Evil? Or that they are roughly on the same level.

13. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For endless path, the open relationships never happen. MC stops talking like a pathetic beta male around ~400 when the girls form a schedule and the MC see the future thanks to a scroll provided by The God of the Sky. After that he mans up and never tals like a beta again. His first children are born around ~600 chapters . Also i read ahead and it seems like the MC was struggeling to not add more women to his harem.So around ~800 chapter he stops worring about that and started adding more and more women in his harem.

As for other harem recommendations ... i dont know man. "Same level as" Grasping Evil .... everyone has different tastes. I consider Grasping Evil a masterpiece but i have the same opinion about Womanizing Mage.

Heavenly Jewel Change - has some nice romance. Because the harem is not that big, its very focues on a few girls. Even the last harem member is added at the end of the novel ... which sucks but whatever. I recommend it. Its not on the same leve as grasping evil but good enough.

Man Huang Feng Bao - is on the same level as grasping evil, maybe even better, in my opinion at least. Have read some of it and its good. Its like the perverted version of Emperors Domination. The MC of Man Huang Feng Bao is lecherous and goes for women, he is OP as fuck just liek the MC of Emperors domination.

Actually some nice harem romance is in The Strong The Few Cultivators on Campus. I highly recommend this one. Harem is small ... for now at least (this shit has thousands of chapters) but from what i have read, romance is top notch.

I would also recommend Urban Banished Imortal but its not being translated. I read 70 chapters of it and i loved it. MC is very forward and direct in this one. I think you will love this one

14. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link

I have already tried to read Urban Banished Immortal, but I have abandoned decisively, I have so many criticisms about this novel. About HJC, it's very good, too bad the end was bad. But it is difficult to find novels on the same level of Grasping Evil, with an excellent MC, great story and storyline, incredible harem, etc.

15. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll read Man Huang Feng Bao, can you send me the harem list? I enjoy reading novels haréns already knowing of the members. I did not find it on the wiki.

16. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read much of it. I just read a few chapters to see how it is and i liked it. Its going to be a huge harem tho, that i can tell you xD, Give it a try , its almost fully translated. I will probably start reading it in a month or two

17. Lothbrok

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, it will be torture to read without the list of members of the harem. I researched here and was surprised to learn that there is no mention of members of the harem, literally anything; wiki, spoiler forums, no information.

Braxx likes this.
  18. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Itsb etter than way. Each time a new beauty is introduced, you will ask yourself if she will join the harem xD
    It will be a fun ride. But a list is pointless when the harem will be in the 10+ category

Lothbrok likes this.
  19. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one thinks this novel is a real gem for a novel with a huge harem. The plot is actually more than decent and not just filler inbetween his harem shenanigans. The MC is not Leylin(Warlock of Magus World)good but the translation is still early so I guess I should reserve my judgement.

20. Gtro4

Gtro4 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, The current speed of translation at liberspark will take 2 or more years to catch up to the released raws. Thankfully, after 2 months there was a new raw chapter release yesterday.