Gravity Tales and QI --- Mega-merge Thread

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by remy911, Aug 4, 2017.

?

is possible QI do this move?

1. hell yeah, i'm sure

25.8%
  2. f***,please don't

24.2%
  3. what it's relation with me? i'm just passerby

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think QI or GT want to host any other novel besides theirs anyway.
    I meen, not only they need to pay a large sum to do it, they also will be advertising their rival's novel in their own site..
    Not to mention now that their business model is just developing.

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    No. They can be swapped but not evolved. Get your mind out of the video games

3. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me leave my mark here
    :emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam:
    @Broosk can u answer op question and make it clear

4. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is probably exactly why (QI made) Gravity dropped all the non-QI novels, to try to re-negotiate the contract license and therefore own the copyrights to the translated version !
    ...& I am sure none of the owners sell their copyrights to QI.
    So, I am hopeing that 3 months will pass soon, so I can request another translator group to get permission to translate Reincarnator.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Well 1 problem with Reincarnator was that I think GT was in talks with the Korean distributor and as a good will act took it down. I'm not 100% sure on this though. Any Korean TL can pick it up at any time they already know its dropped and that it has a large fan base so maybe they have their own reasons for not picking it up? I mean the 3 month rule only applies to Nuf pickup request not translators themselves.

6. Broosk

Broosk «Technomancer»

Reading List:
    Link
    For novels that QI adwalls GT won't be publishing the adwalled chapters until they're no longer adwalled. There are no plans/thoughts/ideas to adwall anything that GT does so you'll still be able to read early chapters via Patreon or standard chapters as they are.

7. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not about qishit novel about other novel

8. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    they picked up a novel from zongheng lately ... (GT it is)

9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you even talking about?

10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    The main problem is that the main translator took it down from the net. All 300 chapters of it.
    So unless you link an agregator or an epub site, those 300 chapters wont be available.. which gonna make it awkward for the next translator to continue it..
    As fo this "good faith" QI was talking about.. I think I learn enough to not trust whatever they spout so easily.. much less something that have no proof of.. since they have known to lie with a strait face.
    I am almost sure the reincarnator series translation is at the end of its rope.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  11. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gravity dropped all non-Qidian novels? The post you've linked to doesn't say that at all.
    What about...
    And how can CSG, ZL and Reincarnator have been taken down to "try to re-negotiate the contract license" when they aren't yet licensed?
    Not to mention that they aren't dropped, they are on hold whilst negotiations with 17k and Munpia to license them are ongoing.

Broosk likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You expect people to read?
    You expect people to comprehend what they read?
    way, way too much hearsay going around.

Broosk and Wujigege like this.
  13. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened to them getting a new person to translate The Emperor of the Seals and Invincible Sword Realm?

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :emoji_spam::emoji_spam::emoji_spam:
    che too bad not on pc
    :sushi_hide:
    funny really funny

Wujigege likes this.
  15. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other novel biside qishit novel like korean novel
    They say they try make a deal with the company but there no news about it for so long its just like dead

16. Broosk

Broosk «Technomancer»

Reading List:
    Link
    Jasper commented http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/3168348/ providing the status of certain non QI novels. Negotiations take time. There's discussion until all parties agree on the contents, then there's the contract signing not to even mention reviewing before signing, and finally any/all prelicensing agreements (if it's $$ up front for licensing). Repeatedly restating that negotiations are in the works doesn't do a whole lot and just leads to skepticism which is there without the constant reiterations.

17. Little Meatball Fan

Little Meatball Fan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *crawls back out of the rock I've been hiding under the last decade* What's going on? o_O

18. kai9004

kai9004 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    so IMHO with "repeating restating negotiations" tactics that QI use in GT to other CN webnovel publisher, they can undermining progress translation non-QI CN webnovel with this move:
    1. try to withholding copyright non-QI novel in GT
    2. try to reduce/halt free translator interest of non-QI novel in GT if these novel dropped (other translator must translate from start so traffic-reader interest they got lessened)
    3. try to contact-contract-bind potential translator that translate non-QI novel and push them after N-chapter to dropped it.

19. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But... Why?

Why would Qidian leave Gravity to spend months negotiating to acquire the English publication rights from 17k and then force them to stop translating them afterwards?

How exactly would it be in Qidian's interest to hurt Gravity's revenue and viewership? How would it benefit Qidian to let Gravity spend money buying these licenses and then force them to drop the novels and not use the licenses they've just bought?

And how can Qidian "withhold" licenses that 17k owns? That just doesn't make sense. Unless I'm misinterpreting your post, which is very possible since it has confused me a bit.

20. kai9004

kai9004 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, if qidian already acquired license from other, why they should to stop translating? wanna damage their image? But if qidian haven't got license even got rejected form other publisher, they can drop that novel and try to prevent other translator to translate that novel; like, force new translator to translate from start or try to frame new translator that to continue translate the novel with "thieving" or "plagiarism". The after effect is progress of other publisher novel become slower even stagnate. the possibility that qidian can took other negative move is endless

brother, qidian already withhold english translation licenses from other publisher with "prolong negotiation between GT and other publisher" or "GT and other publisher doesnt reach consensus". the biggest question is why GT never publicly show their negotiation progress with other publisher? WW and etvolare can get deal easily with other publisher, why GT cannot? can QI show their sincerity and honesty to this community?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.