Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Iamnothere, Mar 13, 2017.
That's alright then
You should read all the other threads too so that you will stop stating baseless rumors as fact.....
dont too hard with him, he is a new member.
THIS IS BECAUSE OF A WORLD INVASION!
Don'T TRUST REN!
It seems that there is a need of approval for posting threads with wuxiaworld and gravitytales in their title.
Im just here to increase my msg count.
Well, they get merged with this one, because mods dont like clutter
It is true though, they'll make more money by moving to WW. They could just as easily make their own website or group but they don't.
Creating your own website or group is in no way easier than joining a well maintained website, it is in fact far more difficult.... Putting the two on an equal level of difficulty is illogical.
I'd also like to point out that none of the involved parties have made any posts that state or elude to the fact that they left for money.
While i wont dismiss your idea as impossible since it may be true for some of the people who decided to leave i think it is important that everyone knows that your statement has zero weight behind it and is pure conjecture and an unconfirmed rumor.
To state it as fact twice in a row is extremely misleading.
Just say it's what you think though you can't prove it.
3. actually, some ppl 'can'. but the problem is whether or not ppl will trust the 'info'. so its back to no.1, ppl love gossip more >.<
The fact alone that tl'ers are adopting new strategies to make more money proves my point.
Donations for site -> "appreciative" donations -> donations for "extra" (same rate as before but now considered "extra") chapters -> misc. patreon ->patreon to preview chapters before official posting
(Also, it's allude not elude, if they elude then it means they're dodging the fact...which they kind of are, but allude means to hint at)
It is insane that people need money so they can spend more of their time to give us what we want, right?
You can't call an entire group of people sellouts when they are giving the community what they want. (Actually the community would like everything translated for free and faster than it currently is but this is the real world where people need money to live).
They are doing what they have to so they can survive and make money while doing what they love and what we love them for doing. That is not selling out, it's called a job.
They are adopting new strategies to make more money so that they can do this full-time and turn a profit (Which isn't wrong in any way).
I hope you know a simple incorrect word (Damn i was close though... maybe in a different context elude would be proper) doesn't invalidate anything I said by bringing attention to my small error.
You actually helped prove my fact in your statement.
Your sellout theory is only your opinion and can in no way be a fact because it is an entirely subjective view of a very large group of people and their few members actions.
What you are saying is based entirely on your own opinion and no objective facts.
To pass off your subjective view as objective fact.... i think its wrong.
The only real problem i have with you saying what you did is that the poster of the thread had no idea about the situation and you were passing off personal opinion and conjecture as facts.
As long as you stated what you thought was only what you thought I'd have been okay with it (Though I'd disagree with your opinion still).
1) It's the whole debacle about streamers et al, I'm a purist. I don't believe people should get paid for their hobbies, are you doing it for fun or for profit? I'd rather not have translating become business oriented and instead stay true to their fans (how it used to be until someone wanted to profit... RWX) and not put the dollar first (such as 'normal' content on youtube vs clickbait content to make more $$).
2) I was only correcting you for your benefit in case you didn't know the difference (some people don't)
3) It's a theory not an opinion, theories are opinions derived from facts which this is.
4) I'm very prejudiced, see point #1.
1) We would have far fewer translated novels than we do now if we didn't have the donation and Patreon system. People weigh the Positives vs the Negatives. You obviously only focus on the negatives while i and most others (since the current system is working and making money) see more positive.
If this donation system were never implemented by anyone the community would be nothing compared to what it is now. CD probably wouldn't even be translated halfway yet assuming RWX was even still grinding away at it.
So you complain about translators selling out yet you will still read the content you can only have because other people were Willing to give money to these "sell outs". Isn't that compromising your ideals by reaping the benefits of the very thing you speak out against?
(Your reading list is private but i will assume you read novels from some translators who accept donations... you know, those bad people who are ruining your vision of a perfect community)
The dollar has not yet come first. All content can still be accessed completely free in time. There is no paywall yet. (To my knowledge on any sites)
A very easy argument could be made how accepting money is staying true to their fans. The fans whine and complain about wanting more chapters. The first person to do this (RWX) thought how he could satisfy their desires. Donations were the answer. People couldn't be expected to meet their fans desires when it only hurts themselves. For RWX he could no longer translate and be a diplomat. He chose Translating, but he can't do it for free, the man has gotta eat. Some are entirely in it for the money but still, you benefit from it assuming you like the novel said translator is translating.
You also came into this with a wrong presupposition.
- That all translators are sellouts (Sellout by your definition being translators who accept money). Though I'm sure you didn't mean all since there a few translators off the top of my head who don't accept money, this is what you stated so if you do think that.... you are just plain wrong... if you don't I would clarify yourself so people like me don't think you have a hard on against all translators out there.
2) That's fair.
Most times when i see people correct a grammatical/spelling errors it is an attempt to undermine your points so I responded assuming that since it is the most likely reason from my experience.
3) After this i don't think it is so much that you don't know the facts or are forming your opinions based on incomplete information.... it is just that you are so biased that the lens through which you view this information causes it to become skewed.
I don't think all translators fit this definition of selling out if any.
Your definition of 'anyone who accepts money is a sellout' does not fit for this situation. While it may fit in a different context concerning a different topic, for this one it doesn't.
4) Yes, you are very prejudiced and I think I am quite stubborn.
You easily forgot how it was before, or maybe you weren't even there. Translation like "A step into the past" took 6 years to complete, with an average of one chapter per week for a total of 292 chapters. Coiling Dragon have over 800 chapters and took the translator less than 2 years to complete. He started translating Coiling Dragon on may 2014, and completed it on november 2015.
money make he world spin~
Is everything just going to Wuxiaworld? Not that I mind too much...
......... search it yourself. wtf................... been so long already,.....
some going to Volare,
but no concrete evidence for any reason(like Qidian International, Rights to novels, etc) besides the fact that it is due to "personal reasons" and it is internal to gravity tales. (stated by GGP and translators moving and etc.)
yup it's in wuxiaworld
Let them say whatever. We know the real reason *winks*
rainbow turtle moved all her novels. Breakers, GOC, and the dungeon one.
Separate names with a comma.