LCD Green Skin

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Jun 19, 2017.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  2. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I marked everything...let me know if you go questions and I'll try to remember.

3. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have big issues with how mc is progressing, I'm at chapter 23.

Novel is decent, if we exclude a tiny fact that mc has returned from future, now after including that part story just becomes pretty ridiculous. It feel like his past knowledge and experience honestly amounted to very little. I mean during tutorial he only got 10 000 points, which is only twice or less he got first time. Seeing as he HP increase skill cost 5000 and he had that. It just didn't feel like mc actually benefited in real way knowing what's going on.

Really... 10 years of fighting his life on the line and this is all it amounted to. His decision to go for warrior was very strange in first episode considering what we knew about him, but decision to stick with regular warrior/fighter makes even less sense further we progress. Least he could do is to go for commander route to take advantage of his higher intelligence since he insisted on warrior route. In first place commander evolution seemed to be almost comparable in fighting strength, with added bonus of being leader class. Overall every evolutions he has taken has been centered around something he is not good at :D

I mean just from what we know, Goff is either comparable to mc in fighting strength or better at this point, and mc was defeated by North queen girl. That's pretty damn pathetic. If I had 10 years of experience at something and someone did it better after couple months, I would be seriously rethinking what I have done all my life. Overall mc has chosen the most generic route with something he is bad at, while also not capitalizing his single advantage, aka. intelligence. Sigh...

Sea Dog likes this.
  4. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guysss
    I am gaming "green skin" since a week ago :D
    Its a dungeon game and you can see more than 100 characters
    Names are wersterns

5. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why is evolution route. If he goes for a commander, it locks him into that race. My dude is trying to get as close to humanoid as possible. Let me know if you want spoilers as things change up quite a bit in the future. Also the snow queen is ridiculously stronger than the mc. She later goes on to dominate the entire northern territory. He does improve his fighting ability but remember, before he died he was pretty trash. So trash getting reincarnated won't automatically beat up a spear prodigy.

Hokoga and anonnovelupdates like this.
  6. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Chance has stated above, the MC sucked at fighting. It was a miracle he lasted 1 year, let alone 10 years. There are quite a few instances where he will just plain not know of an event or have misinformation. Most of what he knows is from rumors, he never encountered that stuff personally.

It's actually pretty realistic, considering how in other regressor novels a trash MC with 10 years of experience is somehow equivalent to a god. He fought a true prodigy when she was at her weakest and still lost. I remember being pissed at that, but it serves as a wake-up call for the MC.

I don't remember much about the tutorial points, though I would assume he has less because to his clan. In his last life, he fought with 2-5 other people in his group. While in this life, he's sharing the kills with all of his other clanmates. Instead of one strong individual with mediocre potential (himself), he chose to raise competent subordinates. Thus his individual tutorial points suffered.

7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    @mukkaar I've been re-reading Green Skin and I don't think the MC bought his Unique Skill in his past life. It seems like he awakened 'HP Increase' due to his mindset (which was to survive).

Chapter 28 mentions how he wishes to know how to unlock a better Unique Skill than 'HP Increase', which implies he knows how to awaken it (because he's already done so). Plus, the MC's never mentioned purchasing his Unique Skill. It even states how he couldn't even afford basic equipment from the Tutorial's Item Shop the first time around.

Edit (This line is straight from the text of Chapter 28): During the time when I wanted to escape death, this HP Increase was probably reflected from my ' desire ' to live.

8. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel got a new cover:
    [​IMG]

9. Sun1244

Sun1244 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone ever just get the urge to read a good novel from the start again? It's been nearly a year since I put this one on pause and I can barely remember who characters or items are. Really feel like starting from scratch, I feel like this is the kind of story where that's more than doable.

Hokoga and anonnovelupdates like this.
  10. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  12. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reasoning with most "Trash reincarnates into the past and becomes god" novels tend to be that they know where all the good loot and all of the super powerful people he can ask for favors are and he knows how to get the best benefits for himself because in the origional future other people already figured it out.

In green skin he DOES make sure of his future knowledge as best he can. But like you said his into is often vague or flawed

13. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.
    Though it does raise the point of why these trash reincarnators know the exact time, place and method for obtaining a treasure. Usually they're such mob-tier individuals before going back in time, I don't think they'd have the status to know such specific information.

One guy bragging about his luck I'd understand. But "when the stars were aligned at a 32% angle a cave opens up in Three-Path Woods. In this cave is the secret technique which gave the Ultimate Flame Monarch his name" is waaaay too much knowledge for some rando dude. What's more, you almost never hear a protagonist explain how he got his core McGuffin... why would anyone else be different?

Wujigege and jolly-crow like this.
  14. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the fact they MEMORIZED the details is odd but generally at least at the time of a great discovery plenty of people will talk about the details. You know it's like finding a gold vein or finding a lost art work. LOTS of people will want all the juicy details on the discovery and report on it. So it's not strange for certain things to be fairly well known especially if it's something on the scale of a lost treasure or a trove of resources.

Plus once the treasure has already been found and taken the finder wouldn't be too shy about sharing details when probed since it would make them more famous.

The protagonist doesn't explain how they found their stuff for two main reasons.
    1. Generally a protagonist is treated as too humble to brag OR they are specifically trying to lay low. So needlessly flaunting their discovery generally doesn't benefit them at all.
    2. They are the protagonist. So we the reader already saw them find it and the author isn't going to have them summarize what already happened like that. And with most stories if the protagonist doesn't do it "on screen" then they aren't doing it at all unless it's an important thing. But again something like sharing the details of one's discovery generally goes against most protagonists goals.

Again the fact these "trash reincarnators" remember so many details is a bit silly. Which is why Green Skin's MC is much more realistic. Like with the undiscovered dungeon/cave thing he didn't remember all the details. He just remembered some sort of grand treasure was apparently found around a certain location at a certain time and it allowed a certain clan to rise to prominence. Most of the crucial details like what exactly happened inside weren't made public and he didn't know them.

or like with the uprising of the monster enslaving city, he knew vaguely a certain monster was the head of the uprising but that was all he knew and it's not strange for information of the leader of such a major incident to spread to common people.

anonnovelupdates and KageTokage like this.
  15. Flexnovel...

Flexnovel... Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have OFFICIAL illustrations of the characters?

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't. Your best bet is namu wiki

I did a little search and came across this on naver
    [​IMG]

Kin_ and anonnovelupdates like this.
  17. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are none. This author only commissioned character illustrations for the novel "Regressor Instruction Manual" lol.

18. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is the translation 3 chapter a month?

19. dats

dats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont know. more like up to translator

20. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    This was a fun novel. Read it a while ago... Sad the translations are slow because the story doesn't fit the regular mold for reincarnation stories.