Spoiler Gwanghae's Lover

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Uncopyright, Jul 31, 2020.

1. alqariyah

alqariyah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait does this have a sad ending? Because I wanna save myself from grief lol

2. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same

3. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the novel but historically the real gwanghae did have a bad ending. As did his consort(s).

Im Who Im and syofiaa like this.
  4. alqariyah

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw crap :’( I hope somebody gets their hands on the novel I’d really love to know lol because the art is compelling & the story seems so good but I’m definitely hoping for a HEA

Im Who Im likes this.
  5. Poopoocels

Poopoocels Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I google translate a book review about the story and skimmed over it.

SPOILERRRR (I don’t know how to hide the spoilers, sorry)

It seems like Kyungmin will get pregnant and deliver the baby in the present? And then she will go back to time

“Reunion with Gwanghae-gun, exiled to Jeju IslandThe story ends. The publication of the paper book ends with Gwanghae-gun dying next to Gyeong-min four years later.”

noah21, otomereader, Dvenger and 6 others like this.
  6. alqariyah

Reading List:
    Link
    Omggggg ... so she leaves a child in the future? well as long as both of them end up together & are happy I’ll gladly read through the angst lol

thank you for the spoiler!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Im Who Im, syofiaa and karls like this.
  7. wasabisazzdafirst

wasabisazzdafirst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wot

karls, theilikepie and syofiaa like this.
  8. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

If it ends like that, why doesn't it have the tag tragedy?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Im Who Im likes this.
  9. Im Who Im

Im Who Im Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the newest chapter and the translation group said that they’re dropping the manhwa :cry::cry::cry: The story is so good and I’m so looking forward to their first kiss :cry: Hope some one with kind heart will pick it up soon :(

10. AkimiLj

AkimiLj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a real spoiler, just some warnings:
    This story has a Korean-drama-ish plotline. By which I mean
    1. There's a perfect brother of ML who shows unconditional love and devotion to the MC and ML, and compared to him what the ML really ever did for the MC is just a buncha crying (after her suffering) and many (somewhat) hollow promises.
    2. The status of MC doesn't match with ML and Mr.Perfect-Brother, so conveniently that's the source of her sufferings throughout the ENTIRE story except for the ending. How am I supposed to be happy reading them suffer, cry in angst, and futilely strugge all the time? I was constantly baited by cliffhangers so I couldn't stop reading and I'd always like to use some Korean reading practice, but it's really no fun, some parts are almost painful…
    3. No she won't ever be a legitimate wife (which is common among Korean MCs who get themselves in romantic relationships with their ancient kings) and that sucks!
    4. Romance is weak, ML loves MC because she is an exotic fairy who's shown him around a modern metropolis, after which she soon went out of his reach and thus gave him a good several years to fantasize her and to grow a lifelong obsession. MC loves ML because…well because she is MC and he is ML and a hot King and he loves her so why not.
    5. The time travel theory is fine, based on that, ending is well-done IMO, which is kind of fulfilling (like…finally, oh my Lord FINALLY!!!). But I really can use less tears and blood and politic struggles (those are neither original nor historically accurate) to get there.

All in all, I pity myself for this torture (Well done, me!).
    And may this kind of **** never find me again.

PS1:
    Like I mentioned above, in this story it's rather easy to detect the patterns of Korean time-travel-involved historical (or not historical) dramas, if you're familiar with the genre, that is.
    But I sort of suspect this novel was also inspired by Chinese drama <Scarlet Heart> which I never watched and never plan to because I hate Qing dynasty with a passion and well…I also hate the I-promise-to-be-a-dumb-tragedy-ish story-telling(I haven't watched so it's just my hunch :/). There is also an adapted Korean version, but I think the novel was published before it's aired.
    This Manhwa/Novel kind of convinced me I would not want to watch said genre of dramas ever again. Great, many hours wasted, future hours saved :)

PS2:
    I read this thing because I'm hooked by <Under the Cherry Blossom>, it's super cute and pretty and healthy and……just perfect! So I was in crazy need of some similar Korean historical stuffs……but hell I guess that one is simply one of a kind :(

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  11. alqariyah

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you for this review. I’m sorry you had to suffer through all the sad parts of the story :cry: I was looking forward to reading this because the art is beautiful & and the story seemed interesting but yeah I can see from your explanation why this would fall short in many areas. Especially the romance which I at least expected would be good. Oh well. Might read it when the manhwa is complete in English.

I really LOVE Under the Cherry Blossoms too!! It’s soooo cute. Though I can see some drama ahead for that too lol.
    Another historical one I love is Joseon’s Marriage Ban! I was so happy when I found out the ML was the one I liked. I’d recommend if you haven’t read it

AkimiLj likes this.
  12. AkimiLj

AkimiLj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, thank you for the recommendation! It looks pretty, I'm going to check it out!
    I'm now reading Cherry Blossom novel, yes it's indeed full of dramas lol, but characters are very well done, and everything is way more original than most kdramas, most of all I'm in love with the Daddy king, from what I've read and what I gathered from people's comments, that Daddy is simply priceless ;););)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    alqariyah likes this.
  13. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I would love some spoilers, the naver wiki page for it is full of spoilers, It just needs translating.

14. AllthingsAsian

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL'd the namu(?) Wiki spoilers page for Plot (content) with Papago!
    Kim Kyung-min, a female protagonist with a father who is a historian, has the ability to travel time between the past and the present. However, there is a kind of penalty only for women in Kyungmin's family, and men can freely go back to the present, but women cannot come back to the present without the help of men in the family.

One day, a boy of Kyungmin's age, dressed in a Joseon Dynasty costume, appears at Kyungmin's house, and Kyungmin lies that he is a "celebrity" to a boy who is embarrassed by his failure to adapt to modern civilization.[10] I told him that he could go back when his father returned, but when he did not come back at night, he inferred based on the age of Gwanghaegun and the historical records of that time, and found that the era of his father's slowness was the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592. Knowing that his father had a problem with his father, Kyung-min moved on to the Joseon Dynasty and learned about the boy's identity, but his father was already on the verge of death at the hands of the Japanese army.

Returning to modern times by his father, Kyung-min informs his aunt, Young-ah, who lives in the United States of her father's death and the self-contained details, and his aunt urges him to live with her. However, Kyung-min, who wanted to save his father, took advantage of the "twisting of time" and planned to meet with his father in the past to publicize the dangers ahead. I've seen this before. However, it is a very dangerous plan to go back to the Joseon Dynasty despite the penalty of never coming back. In addition, he ignored his aunt's warning that any side effects would occur if he told his father, and returned to the Joseon Dynasty [11] after the end of the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592, the time of arrival was already over. From then on, the hard life of the Gyeongmin begins.

Kyungmin is the garden care paper thanks to the court to work with the nanny of his eldest son, do you stay gworeseo inbin of residence of the force with a scheme inbin yanghwadang.Into every trouble to death, such as smallpox, which since the Nine ended up doing. Every time, Jeong Won-gun, Gwanghae-gun, and King Seonjo's new king help them escape the crisis. Then, Inbin finds out that he had a child with Gwanghaegun for one night [12], and under the pretext of this, Inbin pulls Gwanghaegun, who touched the court lady, the king's woman, from the crown prince's seat, and then conspires to crown Jeong Won-gun as the crown prince. However, Jeong Won-gun made a false confession to protect his half-brother, Gwanghae-gun, and his unrequited lover, Gyeong-min, knowing his feelings and holding tears for Gwanghae-gun, put the blame on Jeong Won-gun. As a result, Jeong Won-gun and Jeong Won-gun went to exile in Jeju Island.

Kyungmin's fatigue, shock, and longing for Gwanghaegun spread to stress, eventually leading to pregnancy addiction, and miscarriage despite Jeong Won-gun's devoted care. After King Seonjo's death, Gwanghaegun took the throne. After returning to Hanyang, Kyung-min was preparing for a rite to enter the concubine provided by Jeong Won-gun, and he saw a large-scale purge of former Im Hae-gun people, and found Mi-yeong, a man whom he had been close to since the days of the Bosanggung Palace. In the Haenggung Palace, where he went to meet Soseongdaebi, he met Myeongi, the son of Jeong Won-gun. Jeong Won-gun and Jeong Won-gun's wife revealed the identity of the person between Gyeongmin and Gwanghae-gun, who were thought to have miscarried on Jeju Island.[13] Kyungmin tries to tell this fact to Horne, but at that moment he feels a great headache [14] and fails to speak. Kyung-min, who already knows that the name of himself and his family name will not go down in history, and that the son of Jeong Won-gun will take the throne from Gwanghae-gun, only hopes to live happily with Gwanghae-gun and his son. Jeong Won-gun tells us that if Gyeong-min enters the concubine and gives birth to a child, he may have taken Gyeong-min as the foster daughter of No Su-nul, who has no political power. It is also said that the government should not divulge the identity of the deceased to Gwanghae-gun until the official execution of the crown prince is completed. In the end, history is expected to go as scheduled, with no idea of what will happen to Myung-yi and Kyung-min.

In the midst of the bloody purge of Imhae-gun and its supporters against the people around him, Kyungmin learns that Miyeong was sentenced to Jindo exile. And while he was taking care of the necessary items for exile, he was shocked to hear that Mi-young killed herself. She tried so hard to save Miyoung's life that she asked the Queen herself. When a grieving Kyungmin was sitting on the street in the rain, a passing man said something worried about Kyungmin, and Kyungmin, who found something strange[15], called in a man who died at the hands of Japanese soldiers during the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592.You did it 60 minutes after you started, you did it, Kyung-min did it, but the moment you were about to tell your father the danger that he was about to face, he disappeared with the light. Surprised by this, as soon as Kyung-min stops talking, the light disappears and his father remains. Yeongchan was active during the Joseon Dynasty when Gyeongmin was 12 years old. The father explains the twists and turns of time to the people and tells them that time will antagonize them if they try to force the flow of time to save themselves. He also tells Gyeongmin about the astronomical chart and that someday he will open the door to time through the astronomical chart. With promises and enigmatic words to come back, the father leaves, and Kyung-min prepares to enter the Empty of Gwanghaegun. The day of the rite comes and the title given to Kyungmin is Won Bin Noh [16]. After Gyeongmin entered the palace, the North Korean faction, led by Lee Yi-chum, began a massive purge of the so-buk factions, including Kim Jik-jae's Oksa and Jinreung-gun exile, and the palace began to experience a bloodbath [17]. And Unji [18], who is now a nine-year-old citizen, also faces a crisis because she is related to treason. Jeong Won-gun's wife takes her children to the winter rain and claims Jeong Won-gun's innocence in front of the palace, and Myeong-i falls down and dies even worse. Only then does Gwanghaegun realize that Neungpungdojeong is his son. And the paper, which had been special to the Ming family, developed hatred for the Gwanghaegun due to the death of the Ming family and his father.[19]

Meanwhile, Gwanghaegun County took the prince to Yihyeongung Palace for fear of the worsening health of the people, and said, "If the crown prince ascends to the throne, he will become king and live in Yihyeongung Palace," and Jungjeon warns Gyeongmin. He also informs Won Bin of his plans to study Kim Je-nam, the father of the queen, with his political ambitions. In order to strengthen the royal authority of the husband and to pass on the throne to his son, the government is trying to eradicate the sobuk faction that supports Yeongchangdaegun. In the meantime, Kyung-min is pregnant with twins, and unlike Kyung-min, who is happy, Kim Je-nam's faction is being falsely accused and taken away outside the palace. Daebi sneaks into Gyohwadang in disguise as a court lady and begs Gyeongmin to petition for his son Yeongchangdaegun and his father Kim Je-nam. It also reveals that it was the lieutenant general and Kim Gaesi, who tried to poison Yi Myeong, the son of Gyeongmin, in an emergency. At that time, the amount of emergency food that was fed to Myung-ga was not enough, so it was only made into a mute. When Kyung-min was shocked and confronted by the Queen, and said that the Queen intended to kill not only Myeong but also Gyeong-min, Gwang-hae-gun appeared at the right time and told him that he would reconsider setting the king and the crown prince as the national book, while telling Gyeong-min that the king had left the maintenance to abolish him and establish Yeong-chang as the crown prince. Kyungmin tries to visit Daebi to greet her, but he refuses to meet her, but instead tries to lock her home and set her on fire, he fails. In the process, however, Kyungmin miscarries, and the relationship between Daebi and Gwanghaegun goes into catastrophe. Gwanghaegun brings Yeongchangdaegun to Changdeokgung Palace from the Queen in order to entrust the rearing of Yeongchangdaegun. While taking care of Yeongchangdaegun with all his might, Kyungmin accidentally finds a stone with letters on it and finds out that it is a map of the heavenly train field[20]. Through it, Kyung-min succeeds in stopping himself from time travel when he is eight years old, returning to the day he first traveled. As a result, however, Gyeongmin in the Joseon Dynasty did not travel time, and as the Time Paradox took place, Gyeongmin in the Joseon Dynasty and Kyungmin in the future, or modern times, became different people. The prophecy that a man who stays for a long time in the past will be a man of his own in the past has been true. At that moment, with the light, Kyung-min returns to the present.

Kyung-min, who lived in the changed modern era [21], missed Gwang-hae-gun and saw the jade tablet found by his father in his father's lab and told his father what had happened so far, and his father said that Kyung-min in the past would have been abandoned along with Gwanghae-gun and that his existence would have been deleted due to the history of the winner.[22] Gyeongmin doubted that his presence had disappeared, but it was explained that Jeong Won-gun had left him as his concubine and deleted all records.[23] In order to keep his promise with Gwanghaegun, Gyeongmin decided to go back to the past after graduating from high school. While visiting Changdeokgung Palace with his father, he left a promise to his father to find him when he came to the Joseon Dynasty [24] and reunited with Gwanghaegun, who was exiled to Jeju Island. The paper-book publication ends four years later with Gwanghaegun dying by the side of Gyeongmin.

noah21, Dvenger, Fayfay and 1 other person like this.
  15. alqariyah

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you for doing this. I can’t lie I can’t quite understand what happens but Kyungmin miscarrying 2x?? That’s so sad what on earth. It also feels like Gwanghae isn’t really there with her that much like what’s going on lol. But I guess the end is that Gwanghae gets exiled & Kyungmin finds a way to be with him eventually. IDK but it does seem very drama heavy...I guess we’ll see how the manhwa interpretation goes

16. AllthingsAsian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I could've compared the kor version and the english and fixed the possible wrong names/wrong pronouns but I'm just really lazy
    I hope someone translates the full spoiler/summary because I don't want to read the webtoon and face numerous heartbreaks! 하렘생존기 already makes me distraught enough! I can't deal with MLs who sleep with other women!

alqariyah likes this.
  17. alqariyah

Reading List:
    Link
    SAME. Like i’d rather know what’s going on ahead before committing to the story lol. It seems a bit too depressing for my tastes even though I love a time travel romance. But also yeah I’m not a fan of OW for the ML like that’s not my cup of tea.

18. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank for saving me from reading a very sad story, if i were her,i am rather to be concubine of the brother, this guy helped and took care her when she is sick without worrying for himself while the prince only care abt himself and let her pregnant without giving her title. To be honest it is not romantic for me.

19. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is the wife of the brother HATES her. And is bitter that her husband does not show her the warmth care her does the MC. The wife of the brother manipulated her son into believing the reason the father/mother are not on good terms is because of the MC and to shun her. Which isn't true the brother never had any feelings for the wife and if my understanding is correct, he was basically forced to marry her. After his brother (who was already married) was in love with her and wanted to make her his concubine and petitioned the Emperor for a betrothal. Instead due to her high status, the Emperor arranged for her to be married to another son rather than be the concubine of the one who wanted her. Because of this the brother always felt guilty he married the woman his older brother wanted and kept her at a distance. The wife is very bitter about this since she has always liked him.

Who wants to enter a complicated dynamic like that? Plus, she has no romantic feelings for the brother.
    I think it was foolish of her to get pregnant by the prince let alone commence a romantic relationship with him when knowing it would be futile in the end. Considering the customs of the time and Gwanghae's ultimate tragic destined fate. I think she was partly looking for a way to return since she needs to "become or connected to a part of history" in order to be able to go back.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  20. Nospoilerspleasee

Nospoilerspleasee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last part of the novel MTL:
    The 15th year of King Injo, 1637. Gwanghae-gun was transferred to Jeju.

“Don’t be here.”

Bussa Uigeum, who took orders from Hanyang and transported Gwanghae to Jeju, did not look good. It was because he could not properly understand the words of a soldier belonging to the Jeju Gwana who served as a guide.

Whether he knew this or not, Jeju's soldier's expression of good people and kindness was as bright as an innocent child.

"What is he saying now?"

Even though Uigeum-Busa was shooting at them, the Jeju soldier turned his head to the thatched house with a face that he was not interested.

There, the slave girl was sitting down along the fence and planting flower seeds. Her Jeju soldier who saw her called her.

“Minah, what about musinger ham?”

“You obviously don’t understand when I say things like that… … .”

The woman's gaze, who stood up with a grunt but a bright expression, turned to a man standing behind Uigeum Bussa. Wearing a white coat over his cap, he looked a bit tired from a long trip.

However, when he looked up at the clear sky of Jeju, he looked calm as if he had sent all his worries to the sky.

He hasn't seen her yet. But when she saw his face, she knew at a glance who he was.

She didn't call him right away. Waiting for him to take his gaze from her sky in her Jeju and look at her.

After her moment he looked back at her. It was then that she met his eyes with him, and a smile began to form on her lips, and tears began to fill her eyes.

Now her man realized her resemblance to that of a woman whom she had long etched in her own mind.

Her man blinked several times in disbelief at her face, which seemed to match the face of her woman in her own mind. The change of such a man in her was also noticed by her.

She finally knew it was time for her, and she opened her mouth towards him.

“Hon, welcome.”

Her man's eyes began to flutter when her own name was called.

After her moment, he smiled at her, letting go of her longing and sorrow that she had cherished for a long time alone.

“Kyungmin-ah… … .”

Gothita, Aquaa, Fayfay and 2 others like this.