LCD Hail The King

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jordanvn, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, keeping in mind if the author keeps using Diablo the levels take longer and longer to grind as they go up. And most Chinese novels do a lot of 'omg I just got a lot of power, omg there's someone annoying me who has more power, omg I need to get stronger!' type of arcs. So the author doesn't have to do much unique, in powering up, as long as he follows the steps of other authors. It's the other factors that make novels unique.

As far as the potions, I'd prefer the same. But there is a difference, he can sell/trade potions. As long as it he can't sell off or gear up his own army with Diablo weapons without a cost/risk then I'm still okay with it.

2. aryan

aryan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys is the server still down.?its not working for me yet!

3. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    3 days

4. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry guys, here are some fixes you guys can try: type in cmd prompt: ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew.

5. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also try opening the page in the browser's private mode. Since it doesn't need security checks then, you won't get stopped at the entrance.

6. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even doing that, since it stops at Ch 45, I assume it's still pointing to the 'old' server. What is the IP address of the new server? Can we just avoid DNS until the replication is fixed?

7. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like the enemy can overkill them many times. It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden they would pull out everything they've got just because they have one extra warrior. I don't get why they were playin to begin with if they knew a kingdom was on their backside, breathing on their necks

8. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just binge read it :D not the latest chap issue but I do wonder why gold isn't used to buy items? Usually you can't get good equipment without it. I didn't play Diablo unfortunately but I do like RPG's and that's a hell of a lot gold gone to the wind - not used on game which would make clearing it difficult.

9. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    In the Diablo series, the main gameplay revolves around killing monsters for the loot they drop.
    It's an endless cycle of grinding for good gear, so you can kill tougher monsters, so you can get better gear, so you can kill the monsters faster, etc etc etc ... until you get bored of it all.

Because of this, the equipment (armor & weapons) sold by npc merchants is usually not very good.

Gold as a currency in the Diablo series tends to become useless in the late-game, especially for solo players who can't or don't want to buy items from other real players.
    Aside from trading with other players, it's basically only used to repair broken/degraded equipment and to buy supplies like potions and scrolls. Stuff like that -- none of which is terribly expensive.
    And so their gold just accumulates and accumulates over time, and there's really nothing to spend it on.

crazyboy1200, Kreig123 and ZhaWarudo like this.
  10. Icha

Icha #googlemas #serius

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwooohh big win for Chambord....!!! Now new arc gonna start!! Zenith Empire Arc!!

11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this book. Its so good. The middle finger with the butler was the best, I approve!

Frobon likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had been hoping that this wouldn't be harem, but that's seeming less and less likely with each new female introduced.

I kinda hope that he doesn't keep focusing on the Barbarian. Sure its helpful in 1v1's, but mages can slaughter armies and Paladins can inspire and empower them (very small armies right now, but I assume larger ones later).

I'm not really sure what the other classes are capable of, but I tend to think that he should rotate between the Barbarian (for 1v1's), whichever class gets the best AoE nukes (not Necro) and the Paladin (since it seems to be the only one that can heal and its aura will help with diplomacy).

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing he didn't grab him by the neck or start slapping him ;)

14. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire time I was telling him to roll paladin. Might + Prayer of Healing would be OP in a siege situation.. at least he finally did it at some point but Prayer of Healing could pretty much negate the need for him to spend all that money on healing potions. The fact that he's dealing with armies and not 1v1 he should be rolling Pally. If the dude ever played D2 then he would be speccing towards hammerdin + concentration, 20 points into concentration is like 400% dmg increase to allies. Hammers are not only one of the highest dmg skills in the game, but also one of the best AOE attacks in the game. Coupled with holy shield, holy light and the myriad of supportive paladin abilities could make him more or less unstoppable. If he got his sorc to lvl 12 he could learn freaking teleport and not worry about leaping around anymore.

If you could take abilities from the D2 world there are some seriously broken skills available. I honestly hope he doesn't learn whirlwind, but since he's going barb we'll probably see it eventually. It's a cool skill and all, but I really don't want to have to read about him spinning around on the battlefield. Learning war cries would be a good idea though, shout + battle orders + battle command is a must if you're in a party (which I imagine he always will be). Focusing on learning buffs seems like a much better idea than focusing on individual attack power.

Some of the large nukes like Meteor/Frost Orb would probably be a good idea if you're dealing with armies. Hydras/Meteors/Flame Walls could be pretty damn broken. A flame mage could completely wreck any army he was up against.

One thing that really made me cringe was him putting points into multiple weapon masteries.. that is the ultimate noob mistake, he should pick a weapon and max it out. He seems partial to axes so he should stick with them. Multiple masteries is a complete waste of skill points.

That said I'm enjoying this series, looking forward to where it goes.

Oh, and harem is probably inevitable. Just judging by this Fei character's personality he's definitely embracing the role of "tyrant". Harem comes with the territory.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be shocked if that idiot doesn't say something stupid at the party that almost gets him killed. At this point, I'm just curious as to what will stop him from getting killed when he inevitably says it. Though I suppose that there's a minuscule chance that his residual fear of the king will allow him to act like he has a brain, however momentarily.

Yeah, but I always hope for a monogamous MC, its usually far more interesting and allows for better characterization of the significant other.

To be fair, a level 12 Paladin probably would have lost against that 3 star warrior. Unless I'm misunderstanding the differences between the two classes of course. Also, the system forced him to start with a Barbarian, so there really wasn't any way for him to go Pally and actually hit level 12 in the time that he had.

I've never played D2, but when I saw him split his weapon masteries, I was also like "um, is that a good idea?" Its good to hear that my suspicion was correct and it was not.

If he could get teleport at level 12, then yeah, ramping up Sorceress should be his next goal. I just hope he doesn't keep trying to do all the elements. That's almost certainly a bad idea for the same reason as splitting his weapon masteries.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  16. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Splitting masteries is always a mistake. I mainly played Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction after a lot of the patches and I know the skill system changed substantially during the expansion, they made skill synergies that weren't present in the original game which made choosing where to spend your skills that much more important.

But definitely for sorceress he should be picking a specific element to level up, there's an elemental mastery skill that effects all skills of a specific element that drastically increases damage. Splitting your focus between multiple elements is a waste of skills. The only reason he should put any points into lighting is to gain access to mana shield, teleport and maaybe thunder storm. Otherwise he should decide if he's going to be rolling ice or fire (lightning doesn't do nearly as much dmg).

And I think you're probably right as far as 1v1 goes. Paladin probably couldn't have pulled this one out, although I think that's more representative of the fact that his barb was lvl 12. In reality Paladin and Barbarian will have similar level of stats (they both roll strength and vitality) and I get the impression that that's where the barbarian-ness is coming from, pure stat points. The "overwhelming barbarian strength" is just a representation of being lvl 12 and having 60 strength or whatever. If his Paladin was lvl 12 he would have identical attributes.

The only different between the two is their skills and I personally think his barbarian skill distribution is garbage. Splitting points between multiple masteries is a waste, he never put a single point into bash (basic barb attack skill) and he decided to lvl up howl, which I never found that great to begin with (although it seems to be working pretty well for him.) The Paladin's might ability on the other hand (aside from helping out teammates) doubles damage at lvl 1, it's a really good low lvl skill.

The question would be how big a part weapon mastery plays with a couple skill points in it. If a couple skills gives you years of experience in that particular weapon, then that would be an extremely beneficial skill for someone who has never fought much before.

He should at least get 1 point into amplify dmg with the necromancer, as that doubles dmg on a target and doesn't require the skill to be active for it to be in effect, so he can swap to the necro, then swap back to barb and effectively double his damage.

Eh, either way. I imagine his skill distribution will be a point of contention among readers and probably won't make that big of a difference in the long run. The fact that he can switch between all 5 classes is so broken that it doesn't really matter what skills he rolls. He essentially has access to every ability in the game and it seems the D2 stats and skills are many times stronger than the average warrior in the world he's currently residing in.

17. Frobon

Frobon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyped for next chapters. I can already imagine the clown show that knight would put on stage :ROFLMAO:

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its only significantly stronger in this backwater kingdom. In stronger areas he'd still get his butt kicked. Though, if he can keep his head down for a year and focus on "training," he could easily hit Sun rank in at least one class, possibly several. At that point, regardless of how bad his skill distribution was, he could probably conquer the majority of the world solo.

The more interesting bit is how he's going to increase the strength of his followers so that they can actually help him control all that land. 'Cause, right now, they're definitely not up to the task. Unless he can bring mercs back from D2 at some point (which seems likely), then he could use them to help him control things. Militarily at least. Though that possibility does make me wonder if he can have his Barbarian's merc out while his a Necro or whatever.

19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I can't think of anything in D2 that could potentially help his subordinates. Paladins have their auras which can buff allys, Sorceress' have an enchant weapon ability, Necromancers can curse their enemies so they suffer debuffs, Amazons can also do debuffs. But aside from bringing out and equipping his troops with gear from D2 I don't think he can do much else to buff his military. There are some items that offer +skills, so if he could bring some of those out the game might make it possible for his citizens to use them (although normally they require the class to work).

Otherwise the only thing that's really available are health potion, mana potions, antidotes and stamina potions. Diablo 2 didn't have much to offer in the way of consumables. There are a couple quests that offer stat-ups but nothing on the level of being able to help out an entire military.

I imagine that at some point he'll start bringing out gold from the Diablo world and use it to fund/equip his military. Maybe be able to hire some High star warriors to come train his troops or something. Maybe through the use of stamina potions he can overclock his soldiers and let them train more efficiently or something. I dunno, time will tell. I would imagine though his best bet would be to simply improve his military the way the rest of the world does. The buffs offered by the different classes should give him a substantial advantage when it comes to combat, and the potions are broken enough that they can take a group of elites to an entirely different level (as we saw on the bridge.)

I hope he starts incorporating some modern technology into his kingdom, although it sounds like he doesn't have much in the way of a knowledge base to go about doing this. Maybe there's some basic technology that isn't available in this world that he's able to provide.

20. striderplus111

striderplus111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who can't access the webpage.

Edit: This a cache for chapter 57. The sites currently down and this might help others trying to read the chapter.

derp singh likes this.