Spoiler Hair color in The Abduction of Mademoiselle and other stories

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Eloisane, May 15, 2022.

1. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when light haired MLs used to be rare,it was then when I really enjoyed them, they were freshness,now it's becoming really boring.
    La dolce vita di Adelaide, the duchess 50 tea recipes,one where the MC is a hunter and she is quite tomboyish while the ML is quite feminine,and one where MC brother was gay and killed himself because of bullying, ML tricked her into thinking he was her brother and I think there were also ghosts involved,there was also one where MC falls for Og2ML and her twin sister is with OgML,and Og2ML has a curse.
    Those were the times,they were something unique,now everything is messed up,and most of the times they have light hair.
    Uniqueness = ruined.
    At least this story is honest with their names,other stories have Haruka's and Tanaki's as light haired characters.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Emma626 and your crush like this.
  2. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you complaining about. Black hair ML still dominates most manhwas and mangas. So either light or dark hair isn't even the issue. You just keep focusing on the light hair. Some people even put them together https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIseka...hair/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIseka...earn/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Emma626 likes this.
  3. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    Black hair ML are still dominant in non isekaid stories, even thought they sometimes try or make (now that I think about, too many times ) light haired ones the MLs, but it would be ridiculous if they weren't, as they need to be somehow realistic, where I live, there is near to none light haired people, and it's not an asian country.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Emma626 likes this.
  4. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    They not even trending. Even this manhwa in this post not popular and it has blond hair ml. The hunter one you listed also not trending.

Emma626 likes this.
  5. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit, so now it's about what it's trending instead of having a light haired ML, of course they aren't trending, I know damn well that black haired MLs stories trend more, but still, I'm constantly seeing more and more light haired MLs.
    And I knew it was only 53,6 %, so damn low, and 43% even lower, I think nowadays, it would be even lesser, as they starting to appear more and more light haired MLs, things change too fast.
    So between 46,3 % and 57 % do not have black hair ( they are mostly light haired)

Emma626 likes this.
  6. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't even see result and you mention modern but those two are OI reddit post so most not even modern. They even put most ML are princes and dukes.

Emma626 likes this.
  7. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    They should know that some of them are tricky too, like the one from the symbolic relationship of a white rabbit and a black a jaguar, he has silver hair in the novel, I stay true to novel descriptions...but anyways, 37 % for light haired MLs vs 43 % for black haired MLs, pretty close, as I suspected when I debate with people about the so called "all MLs have black hair", I guess the list will continue to get updated, I would like to see the results at the end of this year.

Emma626 likes this.
  8. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Even with end of year it'll be similiar cause there are still black hair ML coming out with the light hair ML. They just balance it out cause the past year they release too many black hair.

Emma626 likes this.
  9. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I didn't know they went that far..., but the issue is really about people saying all MLs have black hair, when stats show that is pretty much divided between dark hair MLs and light haired MLs.
    Most of the characters of that list are from recent years, the stories I posted were from 2019, when the booming wasn't yet.
    I'm still wondering, if light haired MLs don't trend as much as dark haired MLs, why are they trying to damn push them so much...

Emma626 likes this.
  10. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one that goes into the list, listen carefully, if the dad/guardian has black/dark hair, the ML will mostly have light hair, no matter if MC has light hair too, and this, combine with the silver hair MC => black hair or blonde hair ML, was clear, another way to identify the ML.
    I might write a book called, how to identify the ML for dummies
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-identify-the-ml.148405/#post-6955875

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  11. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely read that book. :blobjoy:
    You should also write about the reason behind the dark hair red eye phenomenon. It would be a hit. And why are silver hair ML's are rare.

syofiaa and Eloisane like this.
  12. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want, you have the thread https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-identify-the-ml.148405/#post-6955875, silver, purely silver hair color are as rare as red hair,white color is not rare, it's among the most popular ML hair colors with blonde and black
    [​IMG]
    The dark hair red eye phenomenon, I'm pretty sure that originates with vampire stories like Twilight, they gave the characters a "hunter" type of ML.
    Nowadays, red eyes is gaining popularity with blonde and white/silver MLs, and it's not exclusive of dark hair MLs

syofiaa and Emma626 like this.
  13. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. I don't know maybe in the future this material will become study guides to foreign modern fantasy literature

Eloisane likes this.
  14. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows, maybe someone could stamp it into the face of authors and try to tell them to be more original (add new hair colors), and tell them to stop making their characters so feminine...particularity the light haired ones.

Emma626 likes this.
  15. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    True. There's no variety anymore and it keeps repeating so yeah more like critique

Eloisane likes this.
  16. Eloisane

Reading List:
    Link
    I already say it but I will repeat it, the problem is not exactly the variety:
    Why people liked blonde hair or silver/white hair MLs?
    They were rare, and once they appeared they were surprising and refreshing
    What happens when blonde hair or silver/white hair become too popular?
    They are not rare, and tho, people will get tired of them, they will keep asking for different hair color MLs
    My solution:
    If I was an author:
    1.Don't listen to the critics, keep the black hair MLs as the main hair color of the novels around 50% with black hair color and 50% as surprising and revolutionary hair colors (pls not just blonde and silver/white...which is what it used to happen).
    2. People will get more and more demanding, they will demand tanned skin MLs (already happening among the western fandom, not sure about the asian fandom, but I think it's the same, knowing that before they weren't tanned skinned MLs, and this year I've seen minimum like 5 of them.
    3,If this continues , it will be a fanservice at all cost, people will want tanned skin MLs, non tanned skinned MLs, white hair MLs, blonde hair MLs, purple eyes MLs, red eyes MLs... every single combination.
    My theory, is that this trend of blonde and mainly silver/white MLs originates from Kpop, they see there idols with dyed white or blonde hair (mainly white, but I can't accurately say because I don't like or follow Kpop), and want to see the stories with white hair MLs, same thing with authors, who probably also follows them, once the dyeing trend ends, things will return back to what it was, but... this time I hope they learn the lesson and add more colors as the surprising MLs (which of course they won't, it will be mainly black hair with blonde silver/white hair as revolutionaries)
    What pisses me off the most is that the MCs have every kind of hair color, and we only have 3 main hair colors for the MLs

Emma626 likes this.