Happy Thought

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zaart, Apr 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys,
    I felt quite chill today and i wanted us all to share happy memories that we have =D
    I’ll start!
    when i was 7~8 i often sat on my father knees while the others were outside (me and my father were the only one in the family to prefer reading over sport) and together we talked about the world: science, history, politics.
    That was the last time i did something like this since afterward some things happened, but whenever i think about this, the lights of midday going throught the window, my father’s smile and my love of learning (i only loved learning some very specific things, i was a bad student =P) i get a comfy and happy feeling inside my chest...
    Your turns!

Bright_Lucky_Star, mir and yuzen like this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

3. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently not ill. I am rested and nothing hurts either.

Today is a good day.

4. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    Well guys you must at least have one good memory no?

5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind of hard to tell if my memories are good or not, since I'm having a rough time connecting my feelings with said memories. I can remember even my earliest of childhood in detail and up to now in some details, but all I feel from them are nostalgia, apathy, or negativity. Like having the means to withdraw information you once written back in the day, and now you see it again in the present, but don't know how to feel about it. There are certainly feelings in them, but they aren't honestly good or something I consider good. I feel obscure or in denial, perhaps. I'm me but I don't really feel I'm me. I know I bleed and bleeding hurts, but when I get hurt, is it me who hurts or is it my body? Sorry for the sidetrack bit about my life.

Zaart likes this.
  6. yuzen

yuzen ⚝Ńihilisťič⚝

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like you're reminiscing fond memories of childhood, well let me share something different, does anyone else love bad weather? Like gloomy and dark which draws attention to itself with pounding raindrops and thunder and lightning that seems just so close to each other. And you can sit near a window and it's dark outside and maybe you lit a candle or lamp and it's warm inside your room. Meanwhile you're watching a good show, or gazing through the window or reading a good book and it's beautiful outside, the rain and the clouds and the sound of it all and right now you're so content and cosy.

Zaart likes this.
  7. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if it's the same feeling but I remember once when a summer storm was about to hit and I had to take the laundry off the drying rack, as I finished and was about to close the balcony door, that weird mix of hot and cold air swirling around hit my face. That fresh smell of rain that came with it was so wonderful. I was both relieved I had finished my chores in time and also appreciated the weather change =u=)b it felt good.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Zaart and yuzen like this.
  8. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i feel the same when it is cold outside and i'm warm in my bed.
    or when it rain i love going outside and sing "i'm singing in the rain" a bit embarassing but always fun =P

what i call a good memory is on which through nostalgia make you feel a positive emotion.
    the memory itself can be unhappy but what matter is how you feel about it when looking back ^^

mir and yuzen like this.
  9. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Are bittersweet memories considered happy memories?

10. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sitting in the shade on the concrete floor of my tiny backyard when I was 6, my feet in the dirt, looking at the roses against the fence that were lit up by the summer sun, sitting next to my cousin(6yrs old) and brother(2yrs old), laughing while competeing on how far we could spit the seeds of the giant slices of watermelon we were eating

Zaart likes this.
  11. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy enough that I can read manga/novels, watch anime and play games. ┐( ̄▽ ̄)┌

12. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    thats sooooo cute T-T that was a great one, thanks =D

depend ^^
    but not usually ^^ i would honestly like to suggest you to try and make some!
    it could be anything!
    for exemple once when i was younger (16) i climbed a mountain, once up there i just layed there and took in the breeze, i had nothing to do, i was free.
    also once i found a river while going on a walk (18) and had one of the most beautiful vue, the tree parted to let just a bit of bright sun in, i sat on a rock and just smoked one.
    making happy memories can be easy, the hard (hard hard hard) part is letting go of your emotional baggage and taking in the present!
    (were you in france and was i not confined i would have offered you a drink!)
    it is not really the sort of happy story i would like but i'll take it =P
    being happy is good \(0v<)/