Recommendations Harem Chinese Novel?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by rizzumeow, Dec 7, 2015.

1. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Animester likes this.
  2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i ca
    what about those from IET?

3. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    IET Main characters, usually only have one lover, and never more than that, Well at least all ones I've read.

4. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly. i dont think there is any IET novel that was a harem.

5. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Animester likes this.
  6. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Ditto.
    But i do wonder, why do xianxia authors pursue harem and yet only a few of them is able to make the harem work.

7. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    aiiiiiiii.....they mainly focus on cultivation than worldy pleasures...such a waste

8. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Well some do but when it comes to making the harem like having all girls be with you and enjoy blissful or difficult life together, not all harem xianxia is able to properly show it. Mostly it is harem because MC finds this girl here, this girl there and this girl over there. Or maybe we haven't seen the rest of the novel yet because of the lack of translations

9. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Cos the authors like the idea of becoming popular and having several beauties pouncing on them.

10. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but all of you that recommended "ATG" for a Chinese harem must have been entranced or something by the non-harem aspect of it. Ignoring that I totally disapprove that English name, it is a good novel, more or less. At times, it can get ridiculously descriptive or detailed such that things felt dragged. And there is a harem in it but it is by no means a Chinese harem where the harem plays any major, important or continuous role. They come and go except for one, maybe.

He has the little aunt, official wife #1, official wife #2, the loli master, the Phoenix girl, and the living sword girl. Maybe I missed one or two, but none of them really stuck. His little aunt popped up in the beginning and just stuck with intimate. Wife #1 is intimate with him but prefers to say, "I'm not your wife". Wife #2 is his wife but is a minor role. I think she got a better role in the near future. Loli master is just that, not part of harem and just teaches randomly. Phoenix girl had a few days of intimacy and likes him. She'll be back later. Living sword girl lacks common sense and is like a 6 year old loli. Therefore, there's really just one girl in the harem, or two officially and a bunch with intimate relationships that isn't going anywhere.

I don't even know most of the recommended ones from above. But two of which I do know, Long Lives Summons and A Step into the Past. LLS's protagonist's goal is to build a harem, more or less.
    And two of the girls kept an important role while the others still had a significance. Each girl has their own little subplot and how the protagonist stole their heart. Heck, his summons are part of his harem and he sleeps with them.
    They never "disappear" for 50+ chapters or something. If I remember A Step into the Past correctly, which I don't trust myself, every girl was part of a subplot and had some sort of role, more or less.

Tl;Dr
    ATG is action and adventure oriented with harem on the side just to fill our harem desires to the tiniest bit. LLS is like 50:50. ASITP is not 50:50 but I can't remember enough to do a ratio but at least it's not like 5% of it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  11. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    TSJJ also didn't harem on his series.... except Mad God.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  12. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    What other works has he done? Also, hmm, that reminds me I need to catch up with Mad God. I stopped at the part with the two headed wolf. End of volume 4 I think? Thanks. Heh, I forgot about MG up to now. Wonder how many chapters there are now.

13. Stormingtiger101

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah sorry, but for Tjss he has at least four different series with harems.

14. Stormingtiger101

Reading List:
    Link
    These are they ones for I know for sure, are harems forgive me but some are mt.
    琴帝 Qin emperor, Magic Chef Fire&Ice, Mad God, 生肖守护神 Zodiac Patron Saint, 空速星痕 Air Speed Starmarks, and 惟我独仙 I alone cent, those are the ones I know.

15. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    tocos10 likes this.
  16. rizzumeow

rizzumeow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a JP novel fag
    I mostly live in Narou and Nocturne reading Japanese runes like a bitch

17. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree that ATG doesn't really fit the initial description:
    Because they're not around all the time, it's not as though ATG doesn't have a harem in the sense that it fits the criteria that are enough to define it as a harem. It's still a novel written in Chinese that has harem elements. If you think that 'Chinese Harem' should be a different genre/theme where the harem an active/constant role in the story, than that's a valid argument but I don't really think it was what was being asked for.

As far as the question goes, most of the previously stated books are ok for Chinese novels with harem elements. I haven't read too many novels where the MC literally has a bunch of women playing active roles.
    Martial Odysee (Wuxia though)
    Wicked Soldier King
    God and Devil World (quite average, not active roles. he has a harem at his home though)

18. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    OTL

It isn't really whether the harem needs an active role or not. It'll be great if it did. It's fine if it doesn't. But at least make the harem element there. That's my whole point if you didn't get it. Like that God and Devil a World you recommended, it has a harem and it is throughout. They don't have an active role but it's more than brief intermissions to fulfill the harem tag. Though I didn't read all of it, so feel free to correct me.

I'm more arguing about exactly what you quoted: not just feeling like a harem but an actual harem. If people are going to recommend a Chinese harem when the person in question is seeking a harem, it really sucks to be recommended a novel that barely fits the harem tag. And let me say it again, most of ATG's girls aren't in a harem with him. They are candidates and you rarely see two of them in the scene.

Example, I want a novel in a zombie apocalypse where the protagonist can control zombies. I get recommended
    操控喪屍, "Controlling Zombies". Let me say that throughout the whole novel, the protagonist only control two zombies. You can seriously replace that ability with mind control or just use actual humans and the plot can be exactly the same.

Or you ask for a zombie apocalypse survival and someone recommends you Zombie Master. It's not wrong. It's just a bad recommendation as the survival element is near non-existent.

19. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't read any of that except Mad God..... might be not popular enough for me to read then....

20. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should spoiler code this, I don't really know for other people but I feel like you say a lot about events that didn't happen yet in the current stage of translation.
    I'm kinda annoyed by what I learned about LLS for example, that's something I would have loved to discover while reading the concerned chapters... now I'll be wondering all the time how long I'll wait until what you said happens.