Recommendations Harem novel like Immortal Executioner

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Enryu022, May 10, 2017.

1. Enryu022

Enryu022 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I am looking for a xianxia harem novel with a unique mc like Immortal Executioner. Tried the tag, but I prefer people's choice.

Thanks.

2. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    cktulica and Dat_Karma like this.
  4. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno - Immortal Executioner has one of the best balanced OP reincarnate MC's that I've read, and I keep hoping it gets more love. : ) That said, I also sincerly hope that the harem is NOT strong with this one, as it really ruins the MC's main focus on redoing his life with all the burdens that he has (speaking obliquely to avoid spoilers). Also, I think that Jade Islands b!tch needs to die. : P
    You could try Immortal God Emperor, but it's slow, and no romance to be seen, yet. Dragon Blooded War God, I am the Monarch, Instant Kill, and Legend of the Cultivation God are all novels that I feel have a similar 'flavor', but they are also among the more complex novels, and thus more ignored / dropped : ( Good luck.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Enryu022 likes this.
  5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    While reading Zhanxian MTL I actually mentally noted that it's very similar to Great Demon King (Which I've finished in MTL), the beginnings of the novels are the most different but they become more similar to each other the further you go.

6. skaviouz

skaviouz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. nos4r2

nos4r2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did TDG turn into harem later on? i stop around 2xx chapter did nie li admit that he love xiao ning er? i remember last time i read he somehow mad of the other guy get close to ning'er ( forgot her name but she pretending to be a guy )

8. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read that one yet but planning to do it.

Some harem novels that I find to be good in my opinion are for instance
    Any novel written by Fengling Tianxia
    Otherworldy Evil Monarch
    Transcending the Nine Heavens
    Realms In The Firmament

They are pretty similar in style the biggest difference between them is that, OEM has probably the biggest harem and perhaps the most arrogant MC out of all of them. TNH especially the first arc of it differs because it is a big part about brotherhood with in my opinion, quite a bit of funny bits in it. The last one RF is a bit of a mix between the two but all in all they are all pretty good reads, they are connected to some degree going in the OEM -> TNH -> RF order, don't really spoil much and OEM don't affect TNH much at all while the OEM and TNH casts makes a cameo appearance in RF. Favorite is probably the first 1-2 arcs of TNH then they pretty much become the same.

Apocalypse Summoner
    Is a good read in my book, the MC at first doesn't wanna start a harem but an evil hentai octopus whispers in MC's ear to start a harem enough times that it happens anyway. PS: This one is pretty much standard xianxia just that instead of fighting cultivators it's mostly against giant insects, undead, demons, dragons and of course fellow humans.

World of Cultivation
    As mentioned above is a great story, but it has no harem involved in it.

I'll have to read immortal executioner to get a better feel of what you're asking for.

But just to mention a few.

Heavenly Jewel Change
    Kickass archer who's only goal in life is pretty much to be a scoundrel/playboy.

Martial World
    Pretty good read standard OP MC stuff but well written.

True Martial World
    The follow-up story that is still ongoing, with better story and characters in my book, no harem as of yet though hinted at.

The Amber Sword
    A great story in my book, not really xianxia focusing more on a western fantasy type of story setting where the MC's trump card is using Magic the gathering.

So that's a few mentions could list a ton more, but since I don't exactly know what you're looking for I just mentioned the one's I think are really worth reading.

Enryu022 likes this.
  10. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    As of chapter 400ish he pretty much has 4 harem members, first girl he always wanted and accepted, 2nd girl (Ning'er) is pretty semi accepted the other girl from the start, 3rd girl is pretty much forced on him and 4th girl (Girl pretending) is still on the fence (though pretty much confirmed member)

nos4r2 likes this.
  11. nos4r2

nos4r2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for inform maybe i might read it again because i feel sorry for ning'er so i stop reading it

12. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    The only real problem is that it's written by Mad Snail, AKA author who's written 5+ novels but only finished 2 of them, the problem here is pretty much that he started writing a novel to about 300-400 chapters dropped it started Tales of Demons and Gods (probably his best story) did it to about 400ish chapters, dropped it, started a third novel till about 300-400 chapters. Went off the radar and presumably, might have started the fourth novel this time around, while doing about 1-2 chapters every 1-2 months for the other novels. So unless he decides to really focus on TDG again, it might never be finished or if it is it's probably some 20 years into the future at the fastest at this rate.

Except for that, he's a good writer but he seems to get writer's block at around 400 chapters into a story or just loses interest in it.

13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a joke we all know that Zuo Mo won't get a harem aside from jinghsi and the jadelike feet

14. skaviouz

skaviouz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't be sure, Im only on ch 250ish but there are hints mentioned that he could be cured one day maybe, so maybe one day there will be a harem, because if girls are atracted to him with a wood zombie like face, we just have to wait for his face to not be wood, so i guess we should add that harem tag now huh?

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, I saw a thread once saying it's not a harem at all

skaviouz likes this.
  16. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh God I really hope you're wrong. Ever since Han started juggling pu$$y, I can't stand GDK. I >>really<< hope Zhanxian does not follow anything near that kind of harem route. (shudder) Aside from OEM, ZX has one of the few MC's that manages to be both badass AND kind; actually successfully helping juniors, friends, and family. It's a wonderful balm after so many one-dimensional, omnicidal, MGA/PMG/CSG character cutouts. : )

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    To summarise the growing harem of zhanxian:
    "Accidentally" / reluctantly accepting women to follow him, because of "plot" (they're basically pushed on to the MC to curry favor with him and Yang Chen basically can't deny them because of not being able to offend the other more powerful sects), so it's not a harem at first, but because of MC powers simply not being a dick (And Yang Chen is actually a pretty nice person like you mentioned.) women automatically become smitten with him and eventually has to be married / become concubine.

Because Yang Chen cares about his teacher more than anyone he was worried that accepting any other women would make her upset. So the Author made it so that she felt she wasn't enough to satisfy Yang Chen and the MC has conveniently cultivation issues that can only be solved with dual cultivation.

I don't remember exactly when, but at least when I took a temporary pause after the MC has ascended to the spiritual world he already had 11 women. 5 of which are quintuplets of course.

That said I don't think the harem is an issue actually, even though I'm generally not a fan of them. It's basically the MC creating his own family / clan to grow with him. There aren't lots and lots of paragraphs spent detailing his "punitive expeditions" either...

Speaking of which, Great Demon King's harem isn't that bad either.
    It's pretty lame at first, but later when the MC gets far enough in his cultivation to recover most of his sanity, isn't as impulsive, reckless, or emotionally unstable... He basically come to realise what he has been doing and feel kind of regretful? Or indebted to his women basically, and become some kind of a family man to make it up to them...

I didn't think it was bad, but it definitely took a different turn.

p.s. while the harem in Immortal Executioner is not that realistic (though not completely unbelievable) it's definitely not as forced as in some other novels, e.g. Great Demon King, where the MC randomly rapes some woman and she suddenly becomes struck in love or such.

There's several factors that come in play and most importantly they actually spend a lot of time together first.

Enryu022 likes this.