LCD Harry Potter and the Secret Treasures

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Scholar Occult Cauldron, May 27, 2018.

1. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/harry-potter-and-the-secret-treasures/

We are almost 100 chapters in, so I decided to make a LCD for it. It's one of the few fanfictions that I would actually read on NU, without including too much (or any, for that matter) meta in the story, like systems or cultivation. Would recommend for others to read.

There's also a little drama right now, since two translator groups are contesting for the novel.
    I'm rooting for the Translatin Otakus

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    Nino Sasou likes this.
  2. Bro-Shield

Bro-Shield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TO is clearly wrong here.They just translate the novel without asking permission or waiting 3 months.Correct me if im wrong.Also i hate their redirects links to adfl**.

m7vpc likes this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use uBlock Origin. Directly skips the adfly links.

Anyway, they’re both building off the previous translator and the other guy hasn’t been translating it for more than a handful of chapters anyway. I think it’s fair competition.

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

5. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    And call this reader/leecher rant, but the first who resume this promise at least daily chapter but ?
    So I stick with the one who released the latest chapter, after all both still in infancy :blobokhand:

6. Samuraiwarrior

Samuraiwarrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the one that can keep promises, and release on a regular basis should do it. Like anything you can't keep promising something and not deliver. Then believe that people will support you.

7. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup yup, that's why I'm rooting for TO. They release GSS, TSH, and HRP somewhat consistently(I don't know if there's a schedule or not). I just hope they can keep up a good release pace.

8. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, how is Warner Bros allowing this novel to even exist lmao

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a Chinese novel (more like fanfic) from China (I think). And like we've seen from past examples (stares at a certain English publisher), copyright does not exist with (most) Chinese novels.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  10. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    You should ask China govt, after all piracy is daily stuff there :whistle:

11. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
  12. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s another one too, Harry Potter and the.... well I’ve forgotten the rest of the title. The answer is probably that it was written in China and they have different copyright laws.

LaDyViL likes this.
  13. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a huge fan of the series, so yeah I'll be following it along.

14. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Fixed it for you ... Yoda-style.

LaDyViL likes this.
  15. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say "drama" per se. Library of time picked it up after it was stopped previously, but from what I saw they (I say they when I don't know specifics) weren't very serious about it, at least not serious enough to keep promises made on their first post. They left for over a week after promising daily releases, and then came back over a week later giving us the reason why they left, but the problem was, why didn't they simply post a short release of why they couldn't post as soon as it came up. Also they kept on with the quidian VIP unlock thing but someone posted early on a link to full on free raws so yeah there was that.

Now Translating Otaku has a bit more "street cred" than them and they noticed the irregular releases so they decided to step up. This isn't like when someone who has a clear hold on the novel and is keeping their promises gets their work taken from them by someone else. There was a clear need for someone to do something if there ever was going to be a chance of us properly reading this novel til completion.

Those are my thoughts anyways. As is, I support Translatin_Otaku and Translatin_Wizard on this.

16. Narcox

Narcox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do anyone know about other novel in harry potter world that mc go to slytherin? don't need be translated can be in chinese

17. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda take issue with how negatively the author of the novel portrays Ron. I mean I was never a big fan or any form of fan of his but wow is he messed up on the novel. I mean after the whole fiasco with the diary I thought that hey I get it he was tempted that's alright but the power of friendship put him back into the right track, but then comes along chapter 91 and you see Ron all jealous and twisted over Harms friendly attitude with MC when he wasn't all that interested in her prior to Goblet of Fire. Also is not just jealousy you can see such raw spite from Ron is kinda exaggerated.

Anyways other than that I'm also a bit bent over the whole Sirius Black thing I mean come on Evan you should be able to say you know the truth pretty quickly why all the meeting with him but never have enough time to start a conversation.

Greedyspree likes this.
  18. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ron has always had low self-esteem, and jealousy issues. From when harry was rich on the train, to the horcruxs and everything else. He has always been that way. Its shown more since he no longer has Hermoine, and theres now another person whos even stronger then Harry. So he feels hes not as smart as hermoine, as popular or strong as harry, and not as smart,popular, or strong as Evan. When it boils down to it, hes a 13yr old poor child, whos trying to impress those around him, he needs them to constantly reassure him. But im sorry..when the world is going to shit, your 13 yr old problems in your head will escape everyones view. He gets better a bit later, but his jealousy never really changes, its not like he repeatedly tries to harm them though. He just wants power, so he wont lose his friends, its silly, hes a child after all.
    But as a main character of the original story, it does bring alot of annoyance from readers, whether true or not.

19. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone remember where MC got his time turner from? Was it from the hole he fell in when he fought Tom Riddle?

20. Saintier

Saintier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it makes sense in the context of the story, MC is a foreign entity that stole ron's place next to harry, ron sees MC as superior in every way and he feels out of place with harry and hermione who are extraordinary in their way while he looks down on himself, also remember both ron and hermione were way more jealous in the original history, also mc he got the time turner when he was dragged into the chamber. (sorry bad english)