Recommendations Harry potter fan-fiction novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by lizabernal96, Jul 23, 2018.

1. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know of a harry potter fan-fiction that is about something like the protagonist reincarnated in the harry potter world in the times harry parents where studding in Howard or other fan-fiction of harry potter that reincarnated but the protagonist must be cool, because i have read the novel harry potter and the secret treasures at least half but it keep making me mad because in that novel Ron always betray everyone and is kind of tiresome. I do not care if its not translated.

2. mrducky

mrducky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harry Potter and the methods of rationality is worth reading.

Parents are involved in some chapters.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  3. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    i looked at it and it see is a book or a novel write in English, to be honest until now i have only read Chinese novel so i do not know how this work, though i checked and it see interesting. Can you tell me roughly what it is about, because of the title i am afraid is something like a deep thinking into the harry potter book or something.
    can you tell me a little about this book because i do not find a summary and by the chapters tile i think is a good one.

4. mrducky

mrducky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a book that tries to teach critical thinking skills, in other words harry in that world tries to explain magic through the scientific method. I think this is not translated to Chinese.

edit: here it is http://www.hpmor.com/

lizabernal96 likes this.
  5. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ron doesn't always betray everyone. He eventually gets over it by about chapter 600 or so (I read using MTL last year because the translation had stopped. I haven't picked up the new translation yet. It was pretty legible, though.). Somewhere around the 5th year. It's tiresome, I agree. However, I felt it was a bit truer to his personality than in the actual novel.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, as well as Secret Treasures are, probably, the two best-done fanfiction. I haven't come across any others that flesh-out the world and characters as well, making up for most of the plot-holes that JKR left.

If you find one that sets the time earlier than when Harry was going to school, I'd love to read it. Most people probably wouldn't write about that other than a couple of the stories on Pottermore.

Edit: I just checked. Yeah, the 500's are still around the whole Goblet of Fire arc and Ron is in it. Here's the Raw link.

mrducky and lizabernal96 like this.
  6. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    mmmmm:blobsweat:, do you know of another one but with a transmigrated protagonist. i am not really into critical thinking right now, i have enough of that in school already:blobdizzy:. But i have bookmark it for another time. thanks:blobpats:
    Bu the way i do not know Chinese but their novels are very good so sometimes i translate them with google and read them.

7. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    bleh

Jojo775 likes this.
  8. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    i really would like to read one that is in the times of harry parents when they where in school and with a reincarnated protagonist even if it is in Chinese or another idiom. (there are many good fan-fiction Chinese novels)

9. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Ron is always betraying, i am kind of tired of it. I think i am just around that arc, right now. But what are you sure he is not going to betray them again? because there was a chapter when thy where looking for the treasure in the forest where the spiders are and the horse people and in the inner though of Ron he said that if he have the treasure he will become more powerful, which is like giving a sing of betrayal.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    We need a CN MC in that universe, kills Ron and then beds hermione. :blobwhistle:

lizabernal96 likes this.
  11. subi54

subi54 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    /r/HPfanfiction - look in the wiki section or search for recommendations.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  12. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    how bout a decent fic from fanfiction.net, not some translated trash

lizabernal96 likes this.
  13. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    for me is fine but i am looking for something like a reincarnated protagonist in the times of harry parent when they where in school.

14. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to spoil it for you, but when you get to the arcs around the end of the 4th and 5th book, Ron starts to gain more confidence. It took longer for him than it did in JKR's work because our MC took his GF who was adept at kicking him in the ass. But, when he does come to his senses, he stays lucid a bit more often. Also, he learns that him "gaining power" through external means is very dangerous. He only has to look at our MC and all the problems he's dealing with.

But yeah, Ron eventually gets better. It's not all the way, but it is by a few degrees. Harry has his issues, too, by that time. So, you're still dealing with teen drama from people who tend to keep their secrets to themselves and brood, making the issue eventually get bigger.

The surrounding plot gets really great, though. It helps distract from all of that.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  15. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link