Recommendations Harry Potter fanfic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lehiye, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    I read so many HP fanfic that am already sick of bloodline this bloodline that bla bla. GIVE ME SOMETHING UNIQUE!! :blobthumbsdown:
    I want something more unique with a non-retard or precisely goody-two-shoes kinda protagonist. Of course either with:
    • a original protagonist not something like 'harry remembered his past lives' :blob_catflip:
    • OR to have a different kinda Harry as a protagonist preferebly with a darker, decisive personality not the stupid one as in the original if nothing.
    I would prefer if it had a darker vibe but solid comedy too.
    I rly liked for example:
    1. A Certain Hogwarts Magic Professor
    2. My Classmate at Hogwarts is Voldemort
    3. Fixing Past Mistakes
    4. Make a Wish
    No harem or romance juck
    No world hopping either

Raws are fine too! :blobsnow: Still I like those types from fanfictionnet the most more than the cn ones, more unique and got top notch writing styles if you find the right ones~

Heres my fanfic list if u interested I listed many HP and other fanfics already::blobtaco:
    Ones I read
    Ones I did not read yet

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen your blog and you've probably combed through the original character novels so well that you have read everything that you'd probably like from them. But what I'm about to recommend are novels that basically use Harry's name but the setting has changed SO much that it's basically an original character. As long as you are no too fussy, you'll probably like these.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2318355/1/Make-A-Wish - Make a Wish, one of THE BEST if you're looking for some solid comedy, it breaks the bounds of the novel and builds the magical world to span many countries. You'll love this if you liked the novels on your blog.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13435630/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Artificer-Legacy - This one I like because of the way Harry studies magic. Artificing ended up being very interesting. Is a harem sadly, but Tonks and Penelope Clearwater are pretty interesting so it doesn't spoil the story.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10101403/1/Fixing-Past-Mistakes - A must read for any Harry Potter fanfic reader in my opinion. You've definitely seen novels where Harry has been abused a lot. This one is like a redemption book for those. Not in the way that Harry goes dark and kills them or something, but what would have happened if something went so terribly wrong that Harry ended up dying? All those hypocrites get what's coming for them.
    One thing I will say about this, don't let your dislike of Snape (If you have that) come in the way of reading this. He has great character development. I'll give you a tiny spoiler that gets revealed pretty soon as encouragement to get you interested in this novel.
    Harry doesn't really die read to find out.

Lehiye likes this.
  3. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow they do sound really interesting thanks am gonna read them with relish! And don't worry I did not dislike Snape (I only read fanfics so far nothing rly bad from those so am good with him)

SylviaViolet likes this.
  4. ChainEye

ChainEye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend you take the time to read Altar and I have a big problem with my Hogwarts on your reading list. Personally I found both more interesting among the hp novels I read. Further than that I am pretty sure we read on the same MTL site and unlike Conan I don't read raws for HP so I can't give you other reccomadations.

I Was Spotted By Grindelwald and Went To Hogwarts is one I did not see on your lists but I personally found interesting. It however deviates from the original world view of HP into and alternate reality setting.

Lehiye likes this.
  5. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I just started the 3rd one you gave and had to say.. as I stated before I never had a problem with Snape but Dumbledore... always felt disgusted with him but dang this is definitely the lowest it gets :blobangery:

SylviaViolet likes this.
  6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    A Magical Journey

Rebirth in a Magical World.

HP x Worm have some good ones on space battle forums.
    In General the forum has alot of good HP OC stories.

GlueGod and Lehiye like this.
  7. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give a short sum for Rebirth in a Magical World cuz the original tells batshit

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Initial warning cause it is on hiatus. And I haven't seen (or look) for info on why.

It's been awhile but guy reincarnated into Harry Potter with memories of the books. He is born into a family where the family business is broom making. (Big plot point they compete with nimbus,) He attends school in a different year from the golden trio. Big focus on dueling and magic. Especially from other cultures.

It is good. Well written action and characters.
    Just on hiatus and I don't know why.

Lehiye likes this.
  9. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author for Rebirth in a Magical World comes on and off hiatus so there's never any telling - also he only released a few chapters after coming off hiatus recently (which he immediatley went back to) BUT its a damn good fanfic and has 114 chapters so far so...

Viola likes this.
  10. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like fun thanks! :aww:

11. Wissenwolf

Wissenwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this one is quite nice. i found it a fun read give it a try and tell me how it goes XD
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/48675/reaper-of-the-wizarding-world

Lehiye likes this.
  12. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Wissenwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    dude is a dementor in harry pottor world. he is "death" in that sense. as to protecting family mostly its just keeping friends safe by sending dementors to watch over them. pretty nice hp adventure novel.
    the reviews are also quite good. if u like a darker mc.

follows og harry potter story line events. mc is a new character so obv some events are changed but interesting read. this book caused me to lose a couple nights of sleep binging

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Lehiye likes this.
  14. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fine to me losing sleep as usual previously over Conan's Corpse Picker and now over Make a Wish aigh these two novels are such a treasures they make you laugh your ass off~

15. Wissenwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks the Conan one looks intriguing I'll give it a go.
    P s . If ur reading that hp fanfic let me know how it goes :)

16. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a wish or the one you recommended?

17. Wissenwolf

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I recommended

18. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I did start it no idea how many ch as it is not numbered. Mayeeeeebe because I got my standards too high with my previous few fanfics.. I just found it so-so. It's not bad to read but nothing special to in it except the uniqe body of the mc. Kinda annoying how it paints everyone as hostile assess (professors at least) well still the shut one eye catagory.

MC doesn't feel like he had a well definied personality, random outbreaks and all. I say it more so because just when you felt author built up his character.. he kicked in a personality break right trough the slit in the door. More so ..as it wasn't an one time item..
    To say one of the things I hate most in novels are character breaks. Like why bother building it up if you gonna demolish it in one single line. This one is still a mild case else I'd have already dropped it.
    Feels like story is just kinda paddling along which is the actual case. Hmmmm... can't really phrase any more bad or good about it maybe mc devouring people feels totally random excuse and all oh well.No idea if you wanted my opinion or a sum of it well ya got both not too long tho as am quite at the beginning at the moment. Sorry if sounding critic am always better at describing the faults than the good parts.

So my sum of it so far, just so ppl can get an idea of what the story is about:
    Reaper of The Wizarding World
    MC was abused by his father and was executed after he finally murdered him. He was reborn as a dementor and got sent to Azkaban to join the other floating nightmares. He discovered a crazy researcher's journey on immortality attained by transforming himself into a dementor and gained the way to turn himself back into seemingly human. It's not a one time change he can change his form back and to, and not fully becoming human. He decides to protect the few people precious to him and Sirius as an amend and go and join Hogwarts by making his body look like a 11 years old.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Wissenwolf likes this.
  19. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh i left out the blushing part like wtf there no ch without mc blushing for every bullshit reason...
    And oh bloody hell those harem vibes! Like what the actual fuk even teachers flirt with mc for goodness he is 12 what kinda pedophiles authornim making up here! Not to mention except Ginny every little girl is so obviously into him around.. soo annoying!! Am pretty much only in need of one line to drop this thing. Hmm.. am around halfway trough i think?

Ps.: It’s actually pretty fun if you ignore those parts as mc ain't amaible and redily beats the shit out of people insulting his own

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022