Discussion Has anyone played Chrono Clock?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by TamaSaga, Jun 14, 2018.

1. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't seem like a popular game but, after playing it I can't understand why. Too little advertising from Sekai Project maybe. Weird considering the translation is quite solid.

https://vndb.org/v16208

It's a visual novel about a boy who has inherited a pocket watch that can turn back time by 5 minutes when used. With that power, he saves a girl that falls from the roof of the school building. This turns to that, and when the chips finally falls, he finds himself interested in pursuing romance.

I thought it was an amazing game because of its clever handling of the concept of time. There's a lot to say: Beautiful art, Relaxing music. How about the fact that each heroine's route has a spin on the supernatural nature of the pocket watch. Or maybe I should point out that unlike many other LN's, other characters still jump in to help even when you're already on a route.

While the game doesn't have the animation that you would find in Nekopara, it's surprisingly convenient because of how it handles the small details.
    - When a new song plays, you see the song title show up in the upper left.
    - You can drag and drop save files around, and between tabs.
    - The save tabs are marked by an SD image of the girl instead of just numbers, making it a convenient place to place saves of each girls' routes.
    - Mouse gestures (which I didn't use)
    - A title screen that fills in girls as you complete each of their routes.
    - Easy and obvious choices that take you down the route that you desire.
    - The ability to return to a previous point in history so you can replay the moment instead of just rereading that moment.

Some of the characters can get a little noisy, and the ribbing doesn't stop, but the cast is charming and full of depth.

Recommended for those who like stories with happy endings. Basically, the kind of story where the protagonist fights to save each girl's smile.

If you're looking for a non-h version, you can check Steam. Not going to say where you can find the 18+ version though.

If you're wondering about the H stuff, it's not cropped from the main storyline for the all-ages version. Instead, they're added on the side in a separate menu option and work like an afterstory to the story epilogues.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the H scene essential to the story?

3. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope~ they don't pop up randomly in the story. The H-scenes are set aside in another menu option.

So you can appreciate the all-ages version on steam and still receive a nearly unabridged version of the game's artistic vision.

4. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay... adding this to wishlist then. Thanks for the rec, @TamaSaga.

TamaSaga likes this.
  5. Yakuson

Yakuson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I have in fact played it. Michiru’s was my favourite route.

6. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, as a sidenote, ecchiness does show up in the story. Panty flashes and all. But the girls don't get crazy violent when it occurs since these moments show up during humorous segments.

I think Cro is the best, but Michiru is definitely an amazing girl. Truly amazing...
    ...keep it down or you'll summon the demon king...

7. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well VN just recent thing in West market so some good one like this hardly popular except for people who already enjoy it before steam realease either by fantrasnlation or mangamere or JATS etc,
    Also this https://vndb.org/v10016

8. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It remind me to best imouto, i only played michiru's rute. Other just skip festival.

TamaSaga likes this.
  9. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I've played DDs arc and half of his sister's arc before dropping it.
    It went from an interesting prologue to haremic choosing to pretty mediocre routes. If you're patient enough, try going through it till Cro's route. I think her route is considered the best.
    I would rather suggest playing Dracu riot for ecchi, comedy and h over this.
    For story go for either Hoshizora no memoria or Yoake Mae.....

10. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    To avoid confusion, putting it out there that the game that you linked is unrelated. Because it mentions Clock and Michiru.

I haven't played it, but that also looks like a good game.

Yeah...many of the routes don't really get going until you hit the 5th chapter of that route. Until then, it can be a slow build-up. I think Misaki was the roughest even though the way her problem was resolved is undeniably special. Makoto's revvs up really fast though even if the story gets a little weird.

11. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't even complete misaki route, forget the rest. I somehow was able to sail through DDs but when I checked the h scenes and all she said was Goushoujin sama, I rage quitted it. Deleted the game.

TamaSaga likes this.
  12. Silverfrost

Silverfrost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im actually suprised that i havent seen these last year. i check all releases by rating though so might have slipped somewhere.

TamaSaga likes this.
  13. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep checking Luda on Youtube so u won't miss those VN above. He's keeping his channel as a VN hub ( which is i rarely find anyone else do the same thing on Youtube Platform).
    I heard of it, but haven't played it myself, yet. But i do watch walkthrough though.

TamaSaga likes this.
  14. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    ahahahaha so strictly speaking this only discussion about best heroine eh, oh well haven't played this one since rather busy although already have the game, as for the one I linked that also good game who already have an English translation so kinda want to share it