Has your taste bud change??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, May 31, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Years ago, I couldn’t stand the taste and soft texture of plain avocado. A month ago, I suddenly picked up some avocado from the grocery store for my brother. When I got home, Idk what devil urged me, I cut open one. Since then, I had been addicted.

I topped my wrapped with avocado. I eat steamed rolled with avocado on the side. Even when I have brown rice with quinoa and a side dish of meat, I’ll also have a side of avocado. One bite of food and one bite of avocado.

Have you had certain food you dislike do a 180 degree turn? Maybe something you like suddenly became tasteless? Example, I stop going for Starbucks. Haha. But my new coffee addiction is Dutch bro golden eagle. Most of the staff know me now. When I pull up, “hello! Would you like your usual?” I have had the same drink before, but it had never taste this “good.”

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  2. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    not really but I think I have develop some sort of fancy toward spicy food. I used to hate spicy food since my stomach cant handle it
    But now I eat it becoz it gave me that satisfying feeling. Things like Spicy Dakgalbi, Samyang and Spicy Octopus stew really hit my palate

cap.toon likes this.
  3. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to hate black coffee. It's been my addiction ever since i turn twenty.

4. mia16

mia16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I use to hate sweet things growing up but then I start loving them in high school. Lately through, I can't stand some sweet drinks I’m used to. Think whatever you want with that.

I know my taste definitely change if I ever love tomato or banana then It definitely changed.

cap.toon likes this.
  5. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    about twenty years ago, i could devour about a 30cm diameter x 25 cm tall pan full of scrimps and prawns. even ones that almost as big as lobster also became my meal. Now, even smelling their fragance already make me puke my inside out so hard....

6. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Spinach, shrimp, mangoes, asparagus, became much more delicious for me recently.

I used to eat mandarins and oranges whenever they were in season like half a kilo at a time and now I had to throw some away because they became moldy in my fridge...

I used to eat meat quite often a few years back, now so long as I don’t get to smell the charred bbq scent I don’t have much carnivorous cravings

7. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    There's the expression "acquired taste". The ways we perceive the world, or at least the impression things cause on us, change with time. One example is with heat perception: when we move to places with average temperatures different to where we were before, it takes a while to adjust (and if it's TOO different, we never adjust completely, but we do in part); once we return to the place we originally left, we'll have to readjust.

In the case of food (and drink), afaik there are two main causes. One of them is a gradual change in diet that gradually brings it closer to what we hated before, but we learn to enjoy it. The other one is a dietary surplus/deficit that makes us hate or crave foods rich on whatever we get too much of or lack.
    Another two possible causes would be a change in source (different ingredients, different varieties or different origins that change the taste and texture) or a trauma (we hate something when we have a mental trauma over it and we stop hating it when, or if, that trauma goes away).

Astaroth likes this.
  8. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to like tomatoes as a kid. The fruit kind that I used to eat with soy sauce. Now I hate em.

9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmhm I hated it.

But I now love it.

10. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to like Mac and cheese, cup noodles, and potato, now I'm just sick of it. Been eating the same thing for a few months now, the flavor and texture has gone old.

As for food that I dislike that took a 180 degree turn, pretty much most of them. Any food that's different from the flavor and texture from the usual would make me like it. Recently, I had tomatoes. Used to hate it, now I basically adore it. Juicy and can be sour or sweet.

11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    It is said that as you get older, your taste buds deteriorate. Which seems to be the case for me (50+) because a lot of things taste bland now. To compensate, I add red pepper flakes to many dishes to get more kick from them.

12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    As a kid I don't like liver no matter how it cooked but nowdays I'm not that picky about food and lately eat liver too and it's not as bad I thought, still I prefer it to be fried.

13. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can grow to like something if you used to it, like a kid was forced to eat a vegetable and grow up liking it, if you suddenly like something that you used to hate, there are 3 reasons: 1. it's a bad food you taste, 2. it's a bad mood when you taste, 3. it's bad memory you have, maybe what you taste before is not avocado, but something else. (Peace, these 3 things are just a joke ^_^)

14. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love chicken liver. In the past, we used to keep the intestine and other organs and make a salad. Taste yummy. I love plain salted chicken kidney too!!

15. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I loved honey as a kid. Then hated it as a teen. Then loved it again later. Absolutely hated mushrooms (their texture) till my 20s. Now I love them. Used to hate parsley and olive oil - now I love them. Also, now things taste too salty or too sweet, so I prefer less intense tastes compared to when I was a kid. One thing that hasn't changed tho - I still can't stand the bitter taste, so no coffee, black tea, alcohol or grapefruits for me lol.

16. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Some things have changed. I still don't have much of a sweet tooth and rarely eat sweet things other than fruit. I like carbs a lot more than I did as a kid. I actually feel gross and unhealthy if I don't eat at least a little bit of vegetables every day. I still hate the taste of cooked carrots. I like bitter-salty and bitter-sweet combinations more. I developed a liking for vinegar in my side dishes or sauces with savoury dishes. I really like eating seafood. I don't like eating meat as often as I used to. I hate jelly and I used to love it as a kid. I don't like icecream much either. I get cravings for spicy foods sometimes. Congee. Didn't like it when I was a kid. Like it a lot as an adult. There's something comforting about it when I'm feeling sick and it instantly makes me feel a little better. Seafood. I eat a lot more seafood than I did when I was younger. Also avocados. I'm not in love with them, but I used to loathe the taste and texture as a kid. Now I think they're all right. Not so much into dairy products though.

17. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes!

Years ago I hate eating anything spicy but now I enjoy it very much that even my parents are surprised

18. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
    as I grow older my taste buds tends to lean more on bitter foods :blobexpressionless:
    years ago, i can eat a box of toblerone in 5 minutes... now it takes a week..
    not sure if taste buds have direct relationship with someones life perspective.. :blobthinkingsmirk:

am i bitter with life? lol

imK likes this.
  19. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud We all need to pass the hydration test

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to like everything sweet. Now, I can only tolerate some sweet food... I need salty food as back up if I suddenly felt dizzy from eating sweets.
    I don't like tomatoes ever since...and even now :blob_grin:

imK likes this.