Hating someone

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Jul 18, 2019.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    How do most people deal with their strong negative opinion on someone else? What is it that you do when the fires of rage burn in the depths of your soul, ready to incinerate those you perceive as enemies?

Me, I am a cold hater. I don't lash out, nor show any outward signs. I simply think to myself "this person needs to be punished, and I can no longer associate with them in a friendly manner." I then proceed to come up with some stupidly elaborate plan to subtly make that individual's life worse, if not outright destroy it. There have been several cases recently where I've perceived a wrongdoing committed against me, so I spent my idle thinking time coming up with a highly detailed plan to dismantle them. I'd even go so far as to recruit comrades in destroying them (anonymously of course, I don't like things being traced back to me.) however, after all that work, I accidentally hit the two week limit I seem to have on any project of mine before my mental clock restarts and I lost all interest in the endeavor. Suddenly my opinion of these individuals was back to the starting point of "It's just another NPC I'm speaking with."

Well, I've said my piece. How about you guys? Anyone else think their way of hating people is wierd?

King0Mik and redleaf97 like this.
  2. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... well if I'm honest I'd say when someone says something that pushes my buttons I usually flare up in a petulant tantrum, until the anger burns out and I just drop it. Then I spend the rest of the day thinking of the perfect way I should have explained why I was right and they were wrong as I stew in impotent rage and frustration.

After putting that into words, I feel ashamed and depressed now.

Oweng, mingguiwen and UnGrave like this.
  3. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I hate someone, I simply try my best to avoid that person to stop myself from lashing out at them and ruining my image. Worst scenario, I tell them outright and tell them to stay away.

4. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow you always seem so chill..Im a bit surprised..
    I can honestly say I have never hated anyone..usually if someone is unkind to me I just figure they have issues and ignore them..:p..negativity is never good it is corrosive and can hurt your health

Oweng, Shizun, Jiggy and 3 others like this.
  5. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    if I hate someone I just won't get involved with them, and move on. I'm out of sight out of mind kind of person. and I rarely think about someone I hate. hell, I rather read bad novels than waste my time thinking about someone I hate.

Shizun and UnGrave like this.
  6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who say you will move away, I salute you, because those I hate are mainly the ones I work and live with, so everyday I spend waking up knowing that I am getting belt fed by their bs.

How I deal with it? Autopilot.

Fulminata, Shizun and mingguiwen like this.
  7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to hate some of the people I've worked with, but again, I spent too long conspiring to destroy them that I ended up losing all emotion towards them...

0000000 likes this.
  8. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use the an old fashioned but productive method, the dartboard of hate: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DartboardOfhate
    it's a good method of exercise, improves your long/mid-range combat effectiveness, and most of all, relieves stress.

in the rare cases it doesn't work: I use a voodoo doll: with the hated person's name attached
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VoodooDoll

of course the most effective way is by writing their name into a death note, but unfortunately, I have not found that legendary artifact yet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So dead on the inside? Nice. I can't do that though, because everyday they will begin with screams and shouts on the very insignificant things and how great their very presense bring to this unholy world blah blah blah... they slowly rekindle the hatred within me everyday.

Always look on the dark side of your life... cuz it will not just look at you, it stares mockingly...

UnGrave likes this.
  10. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I use standard stalking methods like Whitepages to find out where they live. It really isn't hard to find out where someone lives if you know their age and name. Especially if they have a unique last name and you know the general place where they are from. From then on, it is just a matter of using google maps to see where their house is and plan out all routes around the place. Get rid of your hate and embrace apathy while maintaining the goal of vengeance, but to achieve it you must not have the emotions of being motivated by it. Think of it as a chore or job like taking out the trash and cleansing humanity of filth.

King0Mik and UnGrave like this.
  11. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    I am curious what prompts someone to actually hate someone else..what did your coworkers do to warrant such extreme emotion from you ?
    I have had a colleague take credit for my work I was pssd but didnt hate them I figured karma would take care of it..I have worked with a**holes and one terrible liar but when they were in my face I would say 'whatever'..that would totally piss them off but I never hated anyone because I felt looking at them I would rather be me than them anyday..I dont like negative feelings inside me

mingguiwen likes this.
  12. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If could be avoided, Avoid it as much you can
    2. If not, thinks of them like Nabe said "planarian"
    3. If me, if a guy a strangling him and maybe a couple of broken bones, if bitch threw shoes will do

13. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    If i hate someone, i would probably just say something that i know will hit their nerve as much as possible... I usually like to say it with a smile...

14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple thoughts of "This individual is constantly hampering me on my path to completing my goals" and "This individual has wronged me on multiple occasions and shows no signs of remorse, therefore they are an enemy". I am quick to decide things like this.

mingguiwen likes this.
  15. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    How do they hamper you you can't circumvent it in anyway ? How did they wrong you ? People like that dont have a conscience so you cant expect remorse. But spending time thinking negative thoughts takes space in your brain dimming the light and happiness.. so they win twice because you let them invade your mind and waste time thinking about them. Time you could use to be happy about other things in your life

16. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the idea is to hurt them so that they get out of my way, but it didn't work too many times. It did work a few times in school with other students, but not often in the work place. I don't particularly care what people think, beyond how they act towards me.

17. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Immediately cut them off my life and be apathetic about them because...
    The opposite of love isn't hate but apathy.
    Hating someone means you still care about them in a way and ain't no way im giving them that much credit.

18. Madoqua

Madoqua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How I see it:
    You waste too much time on thinking about those people.
    You let them control all your thoughts and emotions.
    Not worth man.
    Be more selfish and treat them indifferently :p
    It will make your life so much less stressful and you have so much more time for your own stuff

Emmyy likes this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hatred is something that warms your heart at the moment but will only leave you cold in the grave.

I hated people in the past. People that wronged me. People that betrayed me. People that blamed me. But what comes after that vicious cycle of hatred? Loneliness and pain. The way I see it, I'd rather live a life filled with love and peace.

Hatred comes from yourself, it does not come from anyone else. If you let yourself be blinded by anger you'll miss out on the joys of life. Life is much more enjoyable when your eyes aren't clouded ya know.

Emmyy, mingguiwen and Faye like this.
  20. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    ignoring them....