Resolved Haunted house, stuffed human

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by TXHY, Oct 12, 2021.

1. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Started with typical horror movie premise: a family moving to a new house, it's old, has some history, it's quite big, has vast yard, maybe there's a farm too?
    I remember there's a warehouse or a detached house or something, and nearing the end MC found out that there's a secret basement there filled with stuffed human-sized "dolls" and turns out the previous owner of the house did taxidermy not only on animals he hunted but also on humans, and he used his slaves for it. The previous house owner lived during the time where it's common to have slaves from immigrants to help with their farm or sorts.

One remarkable thing about this movie (imo) is the end or resolution. At first, the family was haunted by these ghosts with typical haunting events, then turns out those ghosts are the souls of the slaves that were killed to be stuffed dolls and they are asking the MC's family to "unearth" the truth about that place (hence their "haunting"). At the climax of the movie, the previous owner's soul showed up when MC found out about that secret place and almost trying to kill him and his family, but the slaves' souls helped MC escaped. The basement was burned and the evil soul "trapped" there and MC's family survived.

This has the happiest (or most satisfying?) ending among horror movies I've watched. The last scene before the credit roll is MC's son learns how to bike on a sunny day for the first time, and after MC pushes the bike, the son is able to pedal by himself, and while he's biking the slaves' souls run alongside him, some showing their past activities and waving at him before they disappear happily.

It's an American movie, the title has something to do with the location of the house. Adapted from real events iirc..? I think it's a part of some other movie since there's a "2" on the title (The ____ 2: insert title here) but it's not a sequel of another I guess since I don't watch the "previous" one and still understand it well.

Any idea? This has been bugging my mind for a long while, please help me find the title

2. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia

3. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS IS IT!! Thank you so much!!!