Discussion Have ya'll ever played a Fallout game.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Despapa69, Jul 4, 2021.

?

Yes/No

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    Noo, I have a computer enough good to play~
    I mean, the gameplay...~

2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the gameplay, yeah its clunky like Fallout 3 and sometimes bullets phase through enemies from what I've noticed. V.A.T.S is something that can eliminate that but only being able to play on a V.A.T.S build ain't fun now is it.

3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played 2, 3, New Vegas, and 4. My favorite would be 4 because of power armor and survival mode. It would have been better if they removed the ridiculous concept of fusion cores running out of juice and added more depth to power armor customization though.

4. Kainord

Kainord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked tactics, a good tactical rpg, basicly you can play the game over with the first batch of recruits.

5. Despapa69

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, I'll try it out.

I like the fusion core system though it is a pain to get. The customisation could be better yeah if they made more changes to the model after we mod it.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  6. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least all seems to ignore fallout 76 ^^

3, NV, 4 for me
    at least there isnt much to worry about aging as they are more or less all the same engine and their biggest changes might have been the color palette (green vs orange)

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I played 3, NV and 4~

Never finished 3 and NV, but I finished 4.

I remember hearing a lot of bad things about Fallout 4 when it was released, but uhn... The game felt fine to me? The random repeatable quests were kinda annoying because I didn't realize they were repeatable stuff though, so I wasted more time than I should doing meaningless stuff... I did find one or two pretty nice places with their own side quests due to the repeatable quests though, so it wasn't all that bad... Still, I wish repeatable quests were not a thing.

Storyline was... Fineish? Could have been better I guess, but it wasn't the end of the world either...

I remember also hearing that the game was unplayable if you didn't invest in damage perks, so I purposefully made a build that got no damage perks at all... And the game was trivial on Normal Difficulty... Maybe it would be hard if I increased the difficulty, but... Geez, normal was seriously easy. I remember having a machinegun I got in a random store that seemed to be stupidly broken and that could kill almost anything in no time at all... And I had no damage perks at all! >.<
    I have no clue why people told me that they were necessary, it seemed to be absolutely trivial to play the game without them.

What else...? Mmmmmm, I guess I disliked how weak the Rock It Launcher felt? I played with it quite a bit, but it felt like a serious downgrade when compared to the one from Fallout 3... I think it also had less range, which was pretty annoying... That said, I still loved the weapon and used it for a long time, but eventually I transitioned to the good normal weapons because their difference in power was a bit too absurd.

Ah, and Mirelurk Queens and the other giant mobs were a serious disappointment, they really needed to be a lot more dangerous than they were... I think the one that attacked the Minutemen base gave me trouble because I was still pretty early in the game and stuff, but that one aside, they all felt stupidly easy... They really needed to be more threatening.

And uhn... Well, I never bothered with playing with the Power Armor because the game already felt way too easy even without it, so I never felt the need to try it out. So I don't have any comments on the Power Armor system, it is just unnecessary on Normal difficulty because you steamroll the whole game.

Mmmmmmmmm... And I guess I liked the side quests of the Shroud or something, that involved becoming a hero from a radio show or something like that, it was pretty funny~
    There were some other side quests I liked, but this is the one I remember the most~

I guess those are my thoughts about Fallout 4. In all honesty I barely remember anything about Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I remember I had fun with those two... And well, I had fun with Fallout 4 too, the game was a lot better than what I heard of it back at launch... Though it could use some polish~

8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FNV for story (I esp love the silliness & dark comedies in OWB DLC)
    FO 4 for crafting & building

9. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only played new vegas~ :blobpeek:

Despapa69 likes this.
  10. Despapa69

Reading List:
    Link
    Green vs brown filter. Who wins?

That's all you need.

I can't deny, Fallout 4 had so much crafting, building and customisation compared everything that came before it. Fallout New Vegas's story will always be my favourite.

When Fallout 4 came out, it was fine. The VR version though, that's another story. As for repeating quests, I find them annoying but they're not too bad I guess. It's mainly settlements.

Storyline is meh but the companions for me are so good.

Damage perks don't really matter unless your at a high level or doing the dlcs, for me at least.

The Junk Jet? It has low damage and item drop. Sure you can get through the whole game with it and have basically unlimited ammo but it's a meh gimmick weapon.

For giant mobs, I don't really have that much of a problem with them but deathclaws are so weak. I mean your like level 2-3 but you get some power armor and a minigun and you can kill an adult one? Too weak. I wish there were similar to the ones in FNV where one can basically one shot you if your low leve. Only then can they be feared.

I like power armor cause you can get a jetpack and you feel so clunky but powerful.

Silver shroud dialogue was lit.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    AliceShiki likes this.
  11. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played Fallouts 1 and 2 many moons ago but the Bethesda Fallouts have never interested me. From what I can tell they don't seem to understand what Fallout is and their games just don't have the spark that the original games had. New Vegas seems a lot better in that regard and I have to play that one of these days.

12. Despapa69

Reading List:
    Link
    You really should. It's pretty good.

13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you mean can't be played on Windows 10, try searching nexusmods for their Win 10 patches (though I think you could still play Morrowind on Win 10)

14. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post-nuclear-apoclypse action RPG. Think of Mad Max or Escape from LA movies but w/ a mix of 60's sci-fi themes

Fallout 3 trailer

Fallout New Vegas trailer

Fallout 4 trailer

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  15. pupka22

pupka22 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To my mind, Fallout it's a very cool game because it's a story about our future, and we can see how our descendants might live, like it.

peperoni likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    3, NV, 4, 76 and even tried a tiny bit of the old 1 and 2