Discussion Have you ever done/said something insensitive as a child which now you realise was horrible/sad.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Steamc, Sep 29, 2022.

1. sleepandeatallday

sleepandeatallday [Goddess of Chaos] [An unprofessional therapist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when I was small, I called my mother's cooking bad. My parents are busy with their jobs so I live with my grandparents. I only visit them on my birthday and summer vacation.
    So it was my summer vacations, I was just 10 or 11 year old child. I was missing my grandparents and was throwing a tantrum about going back. My mother asked me why I don't want to stay with her. I replied cause your cooking I'd not as good as grandma's. I think it might've hurt her.
    Even after all these years when I visit her, she still remembers it. I don't know why I said that...

Steamc likes this.
  2. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    En! As a child, I ate a ice cream without my sister, to this day I'm still paying it off!(I feel guilty)
    For real though, all though I was a sensible child, there are a lot of petty things I regret, if you live, you will regret haha!
    Also I called my elder mother(moms elder sister) a witch, which is a mean word, she suicided two years ago haha!......
    A sore spot lol

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure I did so many insensitive things as child.
    I still did insensitive things nowadays too, tho not so often.
    And while as a child, we might be forgiven for whatever thoughtless words and just considered as 'something children will do' but now....?
    I need to reign my wacko self more.

Has likes this.
  4. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    S A M E

5. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a bit of a brat during my times as a 6-8 year old. :blobsweat_2:
    Even though I was rather young, I still remember all the rather impudent things I said to my grandma, or mean things I said/had done to my sisters.

I was an angry child :blob_blush: I threw fits a lot too and bit people

6. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel major Ace vibes here !!!!
    Please confirm~ :notworthy:

One insensitive thing I've done as a child...
    I didn't realize I was bullying a classmate...
    Back home, it's normal to give some physical punches (light ones) as greeting so when I went to highschool in the city, that's how I greet people, esp my desk mate...
    He didn't think so and my teacher talked to me about it... I apologized (but at that time I still didn't realize I was hurting the other person) and we're great friends nao~
    Another was way back primary school... There's this girl who I have good relationship with, but I didn't realize how toxic her other friends were... So when she was being verbally abused, manipulated, I didn't really realize it and may have laughed it off a few times... I just got reacquainted with her and she said she was genuinely traumatized and actually felt betrayed when she saw me laugh with the others... Quite guilty but also, I wasn't emotionally mature enough at that time... She's undergoing therapy and we keep in touch, she just cut off communication with our classmates for her sanity...

Steamc likes this.
  7. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    I put cosmetic alcholol in my dad's tea because I thought adult like booze, turns out cosmetic alcholol can be lethal if consumed, almost kill my own dad (or send him to hospital) if he did not noticed my silly behavior.

Steamc likes this.