Other Request Have you ever find Translated Chinese novel without Mary Sue or Gary Stus character?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nikko Anderson, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically the only loss he ever suffers in his entire life is Grandpa Doehring

Stormingtiger101 and Asf like this.
  2. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its from the community game russian roulette

Arcturus likes this.
  3. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, i see. So, they lost the game then?

4. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup

5. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of all those accomplishments, I would be most proud of exceeding my ancestor. i would be all proud and show off. i would be, " hehehe, im good huh?"

i would really be a dick about it. i would be, "N****, i surpassed my own ancestor! " And feel insanely superior about the whole thing, lording it over everyone.

6. Nikko Anderson

Nikko Anderson The Second Apprentice of The Fourth Librarian

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your advises... then I think the conclusion is: I should leave Wuxia and Xianxia alone....
    Haaah... I need something realistic yet light hearted...

7. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia , light-hearted, and realistic all in the same sentence. That would be a first.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  8. Nikko Anderson

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL

Poor_Hero likes this.
  9. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia is essentially the same as the situation that occur in some African countries.

You have different warlords (clans, sects) that causes the country to be divided into small enclaves.
    They have weapons ( Immortal techniques ) that the regular populace ( non-cultivator, low cultivation ) cannot handle.
    The real problem is that the law cannot be upheld because the country ( Empire, Military ) is equal or weaker than these factions.
    There's plenty of people that could help, they have wealth and strength. But nobody ain't got time for that.

You might have a case of 1st world problem.

Poor_Hero, Razorace and Arcturus like this.
  10. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most MC's are not mary sues, but they fall under the proxies of wish fulfillment by the author. It's like having an MC that can bridge the difference in cultivation level with his opponent, by using a special skill, treasure, or external help (i.e. eggy in MGA), all this is wish fulfillment and not a mary sues unrealistic ability.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  11. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is something completely impossible for Xianxia, I mean, what would happen if the MC didn't have plot armor, wouldn't they just die and the story end? Well, theoretically speaking there are those reincarnation stories so you can partially consider the MC as not having plot armor because he managed to die but at the same time you can say he had plot armor because he was reincarnated or whatever. The entire story's main objective is for MC to cultivate to Sainthood or Immortality or something, so what would you have him do if he didn't have a bit of luck, some good divine abilities, some stronger friends or helpers and a bit of plot armor? I think you would have to read a story about an MC similar to an otaku, who stays closed in his cave for the rest of his life while 'cultivating' and the chance of reaching immortality would be quite dim.
    Having read MGS up to ch.177, though my memory might not be the best and it's been some time since I've been reading, but I don't remember him mentioning his past life too often. I only remember that it was mentioned at the very beginning.

Edit: In the case you're looking for an MC that has the less plot armor possible or maybe one that suffers the most, you could try:
    Immortal God Emperor - I personally think his abilities are just some kind of repayment for his hard work.
    Otherworldly Evil Monarch - Still quite a weak level in cultivation and can be hurt by others. The only reason he's still safe is probably because it's that specific person who reincarnated in that body and because of his grandpa and family in general although he didn't actively seek to provoke anyone.
    Peerless Martial God - This one is quite pitiful as he can't take a few steps without meeting some retarded nobles that all they can say is 'you dare!' and 'I look down on you!' and 'you're dead!'
    Perfect World - I think this one might be the one who suffered the most but he might have gotten some plot armor after that event.
    DE - Only read up to V.4 Ch.12 and someone close to the MC already died. I also read some spoilers here and there and it seems he will have to suffer quite a bit.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Poor_Hero and Shio like this.
  12. Agni

Agni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm there is one chinese novel that have been in my mind.. maybe 'My Disciple Died Yet Again'?
    That novel is xianxia, but in the same time a bit light hearted because MC is not someone whose craves for power, blinded by revenge, and so on. She did have a cheat and obtain treasure, but in some lucky yet logical way. And for plot armor.. she already died 2 times, means she could die when fight againt superpower enemies, and not suddenly get strong in the middle of battle.
    Dunno if this novel met your criteria, but I strongly recommended it if you not read this yet. You wont regret it.

Poor_Hero and Shio like this.
  13. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor_Hero likes this.
  14. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Lin Feng has ridiculous amounts of plot armor. And he wouldn't have so many people pissed at him if he didn't kill 50% of people he meets. He has anger issues.

15. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, his false sexual assault accusation that led him to a few years of prison really really makes him quite angry. He can't handle liars very well because a lie destroyed his previous life. And all these shameless scumbags keep lying and scheming, Lin Feng really reincarnated a terrible world considering his past, it just keeps opening the old wound.

A wound that will never heal because xianxia villains fall from trees just like money ( or so they say ).

16. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't he be the one killed if he doesn't kill them? If he lets every enemy escape after defeating them wouldn't he just cause more trouble for himself? Most of those people come at him whether he kills or not and just because he doesn't stand to being humiliated by them, they attack him, so what is he supposed to do, to let them shame him, talk whatever they want about him and do whatever they want to him and his friends?
    I think the problem isn't 'anger issues' but more like that's his martial heart, and if he doesn't stay true to it, his progress in cultivation would regress. Also, I think it's a bit weird to use our world's morality when talking about a Xianxia or Xuanhuan or other similar genres.

17. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's put it like thie LF basically kills everyone who even insults him. Yes he's killed people who have insulted him, several times (sounds a bit hypocritical). But I digress. The thing is LF thinks that by killing these people it'll show his power and deter his other enemies. However, as we've seen time and time again, killing people doesn't stop them from attacking. Especially when they have much bigger brothers and sisters. Also, regardless of his emotional issues, I was discussing his plot armor which is immensely strong, even for xianxia MCs. He basically just has stuff conveniently happen to him all the time and his deus ex machinas are getting kinda overdone at this point. And he doesn't ever seem to really suffer in any way. Or show any emotion.

18. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    In other words he's an exaggerated caricature of a human being who basically has no ability to resolve internal emotional issues and instead acts in an extremely aggressive immature manner.

19. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people don't handle prison well.

20. Nikko Anderson

Reading List:
    Link
    That one is enjoyable.
    Btw now that I think about it, I never ask wuxia xianxia with no mary sue but 'chinese novel' with no mary sue. Even I forgot.

Poor_Hero likes this.