Have you ever ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DiabolicGod, Jul 12, 2019.

1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever been locked in a (afterwards silly) thought and acted on it without thinking further?

I saw something wrong (thought the traffic light for pedestrians on one side of the road was green while the traffic light for the cars going through there was also green) and immediatly told a policewoman who was right beside me that the traffic lights weren't working... Didn't take even one second to check, but I just up and went.
    There was a small stripe in the middle of the road, separating both sides, where pedestrians could wait. I didn't see the TL on my side, where it was red for pedestrians.

What is your embarrassing story?

Dark abyss soul likes this.
  2. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to joke but no one laughing or even understand the joke.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I did, many times in fact :blobsweat_2:
    The most recent one I remember was when I worked for a radio station, one of my responsibilities was to moderate and check the news and topics to be published on the website.
    So I enter the office, and open the recently published articles on the website, I was dizzy that morning and lacked sleep, I looked through them, and then I called one of the writers there and told him to verify what he wrote, in my state I misread lots of words (and mistook what is what) and made the poor guy reverify the article several times as I insisted that there were lots of errors and he kept looking at the article on his account afraid and not sure where the errors were, after I cleared my head after some time, I found out I was looking at an old article and it was a draft :notlikeblob:
    I apologized to the poor guy who was stressed out as he did make some errors writing the morning news in the past and he was a bit worried about it, and I made him even more worried and stressed:blobsweat_2:

DiabolicGod likes this.
  4. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, many times.

The other day I was taking the bus home and decided to stop at a restaurant. I walked a couple blocks and got there. They were closed but still accepted takeout orders. When I got my food, instead of going back south the way I came, I automatically started walking north.
    "Wait why did I do that..?" I started thinking that after I had already walked past a few buildings.
    I rationalized that going north would be faster, forgetting that the bus turns a different way a few streets back. Luckily I checked google maps for the next stop, and saw that there weren't any ahead.
    But I was too embarassed to walk back past the restaurant, so I kept going until I could turn and take a different street going south.

DiabolicGod likes this.