Discussion Having Mercy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aszure, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed this in Emperor's Domination: Cao Xiong, an elder, repeatedly threatened and tried to kill Li Qi Ye, but comes out unscathed because of his status. While i'm sitting here telling our mc to kill him before he plans some bullshit again, the author won't do it since plot. We need some assholes to keep the story going right? If they would change to better and recognize the main character i wouldn't bother, but this is really unlikely.

TLDR: Head Off, Troubles gone

Thoughts?

2. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm all for killing him.

3. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it makes sense, while it is rather obvious that cao xiong did something, there is no real evidence, had mc killed him they would have had to punish him in a way that does not help him at all for the future, after all Li qui ye's objective is to rise with the sect itself, not alone.

Shio likes this.
  4. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    What? He attacked him repeatedly, is that not evidence enough?

5. ZeusTheAlmighty

ZeusTheAlmighty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cao Xiong's schemes are nothing to MC whether he lives or not MC has it all under control it was said that when he was in the Crow body he schemed the entire world with some master plan Cao Xiong is so beneath his level of intelligence its ridiculous

Anown likes this.
  6. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    With that logic he wouldn't have to kill disciples and protectors, but he did

7. ghostpeople

ghostpeople Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While the evidence is known he has a backer in the enemy sect so is not able to kill him just yet

8. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel but if it's like other XianXia, killing enemies will just end up bringing more trouble

As that Fiendgod in Desolate Era so wisely said:

"You kill a puny one, a strong one comes. You kill the strong one, an entire host of strong ones would come!"

9. ZeusTheAlmighty

ZeusTheAlmighty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He killed them in order to set an example
    1.that he's not one to be trifled with
    2. he is strong and worth the investment

10. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also itching for Cao to get killed or at least beaten until half-dead. I don't think the mc sees him as a threat, so he's fine with letting him go for now, and taking care of him later

Shio likes this.
  11. Bao

Bao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But those 5 attacked him right? Cao Xiong also did but other people were there already to stop him so MC didn't really have to do it personally.

12. Anown

Anown Test

Reading List:
    Link
    The 2nd elder is still important. It is so that they have the proof to drive away that dong shen. Its my speculation.

Shio likes this.
  13. TokenZero

TokenZero Mystic Sanctuary: Divine Fairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine being outside and you see mosquitoes flying around. You wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to hunt them down and kill them even though you know they might bite you. Now once they actively come towards you then you kill them, with this MC unless someone crosses a certain line he doesn't really need to bother with them. That would of course change if you had a method to kill all the mosquitoes at once. I think at this point he would rather have Cao Xiong's schemes put out it the open to kill every mosquito at the same time rather than kill one and wait for the others to come around.

kainee, ZeusTheAlmighty and Anown like this.
  14. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    I just know that he won't let go so easily. This novel is rather slow compared to others, grievances stay for a longer time.
    And i bet my money that Cao Xiong will get up like the cockroach he is and try something again

15. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    He did not, he had others attack him repeatedly, theres not enough hard evidence that he instigated it, in court he would probably be found inocent by technicalities. It is pretty obvious he did, but Li Qui Ye can't act on a hunch and keep everyones goodwill and trust.
    Of course he will, why else would the punishment be to separate mc from everyone else?

16. SilverxCalibur

SilverxCalibur ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Cao deserves mercy. Mostly because the author is puppeting him without any real motive to covet the sect master position. At this point I wish that he was a traitor that wanted to destroy the sect.

17. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't that bloodthirsy before I read Ender's Game, which was 10 years ago or so. In the beginning of the novel, Andrew/Ender has this fight with a bully, and his thoughts as he fights the bully off really stayed with me. "Knocking him down won the first fight. I wanted to win all the next ones, too. So they'd leave me alone." The idea of thoroughly winning the fight, of scaring the enemy so much they wouldn't dare look for revenge. Killing the enemy is an afterthought, if nothing else works.

If there's a persistent villain who keeps coming at the MC, I'd rather the MC takes care of him/her as quickly as possible.

18. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't have enough evidence. And Cao is still an Elder. MC is still not strong enough to go against the sect backing Cao up. Of would bring him and the sect unnecessary troubles if he just straight-up killed him.

But he will probably kill him sometime later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.