Korean He is a childish adventurer with a legendary sword and a ghostly wolf, and I am his timid sidekick

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Nancy Drew, Apr 12, 2022.

?

Would you like to read this novel?

1. Yes (I am a woman)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes (I am a man)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. No (I am a woman)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No (I am a man)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.
    Владелец призрачного зверя 2.jpg
    Novel cover
    Владелец-призрачного-зверя-Коллаж-2.jpg
    Collage by Korean reader

Name: "The owner of the phantom beast" (Korean: "환수의 주인", 2010).
    Author: Taeseon ("Chitra", "Doctor's Rebirth", "Dusk Howler", "The owner of the divine dragon").
    (Taeseon's novel "The owner of the divine dragon" ("The Dragon Master") in the Novel Pickup Request section of Novel Updates: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...s-every-heterosexual-guy-on-the-planet.143469 )
    Language: Korean.
    Status in country of origin: 7 volumes, completed.
    NU Link: none.
    Genres and tags: PG-13, bromance, friendship, brothers, romantic subplot, weak protagonist, weak to strong, fantasy, monster tamer, legendary sword, martial arts, action, adventure, comedy, drama, magical apocalypse.
    Warnings: swear words. Taeseon loves to swear, but in this book she swears a lot more than in her other books, so even regular readers of Taeseon may feel uncomfortable reading "The owner of the phantom beast".
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I have not read this book, but I think it's a fun and interesting book because it was written by the author of "Dusk Howler".

Description

A boy who lived only in a hospital with a rare disease. He's glad he's reborn, but it's... It's just a rebirth and here he's still in a difficult and desperate state.

However, the boy sees things that normal humans cannot see...

Is he the owner of the phantom beast? No, he is his friend and companion.

The fantastic adventures of Innix, which will surprise even the heavens, begin!

Summary

In Taeseon's novels "The owner of the phantom beast", "The owner of the divine dragon" and "The owner of the divine beast" the events take place in the country Empire on the planet Atreia. Atreia is the planet Earth in a parallel world, so these planets have some similarities, for example, Atreia also has a Moon.

1. "The owner of the phantom beast" (Korean: "환수의 주인", 2010, complete, 7 volumes). The adventures of two brothers and the taming of magical pets. The main male characters are Rusk Altelion and Innix Altelion. Rusk is the owner of the illusory wolf Tamrang (the phantom beast).

2. "The owner of the divine dragon" (Korean: "신룡의 주인", 2011, complete, 11 volumes). BL harem and magical combat academy. The male protagonist is Shine "Shan" Altelion. Shine is the owner of the dragon Kai (the divine dragon).

3. "The owner of the divine beast" (Korean: "신수의 주인", 2016, complete, 10 volumes). Reverse harem and blacksmithing. The female protagonist is Kai Altelion. Kai Altelion is the owner of the dragon Akanel (the divine beast). Taeseon began writing this novel in 2013, but the official publication of this novel began in 2016. Shine Altelion, Rusk Altelion and Innix Altelion are distant descendants of Kai Altelion. Shine named his dragon Kai after Kai Altelion.

"The owner of the phantom beast" is a story about a boy who was born in present-day South Korea and lived in a hospital for his entire short life due to his severe illness, and after his death, he became a weak boy named Innix Altelion who lives in the fantasy country Empire on the planet Atreia. The three goddesses of fate took pity on this Korean boy, so they decided to give him a new life on the planet Atreia instead of sending his soul to the afterlife: one of the goddesses pulled out a ball of knitting thread (which symbolizes the fate of this boy) from a basket with the name "Earth" and shifted this ball into the basket with the name "Atreia". These three goddesses perceive this boy's life on Atreia as an entertainment film, so they do not help him solve his problems and they watch his life as an interesting film.

Innix discovered that he can see things that ordinary people cannot see (he can see phantom beasts that are somewhere on the border between the real world and the world of illusions), so he became an adventure partner with his relative (perhaps a cousin? ), a rowdy young man named Rusk Altelion. People called Rusk "The owner of the phantom beast" because he captured of the illusory wolf Tamrang (the phantom beast) and made it his battle pet.

In general, Rusk is a good guy, a loving brother and a great warrior, but he is too childish and irresponsible. In addition, sometimes he behaves like a cruel homicidal maniac because he suffers from some kind of mental trauma that arose due to some terrible events in his past.

As his weak cousin Innix regularly has to save Rusk from various stupid and embarrassing situations, Innix gradually transforms from a timid, cowardly and naive loser into a brave, confident and wise warrior.

Although Rusk ran away from home and refused to use the surname Altelion, he wields a family heirloom, the legendary sword "Altelion's Sword".

It is a sword that can dispel magic, destroy illusions, and kill immortal gods and dragons.

This sword can choose its own owner.

This sword can only be used in battle by members of the Altelion family. If a person who does not have the blood of the Altelion family in his body tries to fight with this sword, then this sword will be covered in flames and burn the hands of this "thief".

Only a selfless person who does not want to possess wealth and power can use this sword. An adult male with great physical strength will not be able to lift this sword from the ground, if this male is the owner of wealth or power. But a 7-year-old boy with little physical strength can easily kill any opponents with this sword, if this boy really wants to defend good and justice and he is ready to sacrifice his life to save other people.

This sword is very unlucky with its owners:

1. In the novel "The owner of the divine beast", a young woman named Kai Altelion (blacksmith and swordswoman), who had very great physical strength, entered into a magical contract with several gods and spirits, and with their help, she created this sword. But she could not use this sword because it was too big and too heavy for her (because she was not a moral person enough), and so later she made two light swords, one sword for each of her hands, but these swords had completely different magical properties and they did not have such great magical power as this sword.

2. In the novel "The owner of the divine dragon", the legendary male swordsman Reines Altelion gave this sword to his son Shine, a teenage boy who had very little physical strength. Reines loved Shine very much (because Shine was very similar to Reiner Altelion, Shine's mother and Reines' wife, who died shortly after Shine's birth) and he wanted this sword to help Shine become brave and confident. At first, Shine could easily hold this sword in his hands, but he did not use this sword in battles because Shine was kind and peaceful and he did not want to kill anyone. Later, Shine found many evil friends (antiheroes) for himself, and while he communicated with them, his soul ceased to be pure and innocent enough, so the sword ceased to obey Shine and he returned this sword to his father who was a very moral person. Later, Reines gave this sword to his other son, Erron Altelion.

3. In the novel "The owner of the phantom beast", a famous adventurer, a young man named Rusk Altelion, inherited this sword, but later he sold this sword to pay off his debts (maybe Rusk got these debts, when he was playing cards). Some time later, this sword returned to Rusk, but Rusk destroyed this sword for some reason. Perhaps, Rusk threw that sword into some magic bonfire, just for fun.