Heavy-duty throat pain relivers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Get Nepped, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Get Nepped

Get Nepped Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I've been sick for couple days now. Yesterday it turned from a cold-like sort of the thing to just throat pain and some congestion in my throat and lungs making me want to cough. All other symptoms gone.

Anyway, it was fine yesterday but today the pain has become unbearable. Painkillers, warm honey drinks, those sore throat candy things; I'm doing it all. And they work, just not enough. I've seriously considered going to the er just to see if they can make it stop. I don't wanna go that big yet but I need more than what I have. Do you guys have any more heavy duty options for dealing with throat pain?
    I really wanna be able to sleep; the pain's keeping me awake.

2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest the doctor right away.

I've had what you're experiencing yet worse, I thought it was just a really bad sore throat till it started bleeding one night, talk about painful and annoying.

Only remedy I know is salt water gargle and the medicine that supposedly relieves sore throat for 4 hours, but that shit is a lie when you have a bad sore throat since it only worked 20 minutes for me.

3. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloroform

4. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof I usually drink fast acting medicine the first moment I sense that area getting swollen (due to plenty of past experiences). I'd usually boil coke and ginger (need that spiciness) to drink as well.

If it's too painful for you to bear, you should go to the doctor and get it checked, it might be a bacterial infection instead of viral and antibiotics can only be prescribed by the doctor.

It WILL take time to slowly heal (a week or two?) if you're only using home remedies so do get that doctor's appointment.

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Water. The basic underlying reason for throat pains is basically the body's lack of water. Drink lots of water. It doesn't relieve the pain immediately, but it will help in your recovery.

Apart from that, wrap a towel around your neck. If you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night with a sore throat but you're not having a fever, that's because your neck is cold. Covering it with something warm will almost immediately fix the problem and prevent it from reoccuring. This is particularly true if you have the fan pointed straight at your face.

6. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    Ice cream. blobmelt_thumbs
    Based on my experience, to reduce swelling of throat.
    Still, going to a doctor and seek medical help is best course of action.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

7. undercoverjunkie

undercoverjunkie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just get high on Strepsils tbh.
    It says on pack 1 every 2-3 hours but if you have more than 10 but less than 20 in an evening it can be good.
    Just don't do it more than once a week.

8. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oregano cough syrup works pretty well based on my experience. :blobokhand:

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    In my experience chloraseptic spray is really good at numbing the hell out of everything.

10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Base on my experience gurgle some salt water and have honey mixed in water to drink. As honey helps to heal and the salt to kill some germs.

11. Tea Fragrance

Tea Fragrance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS.
    [​IMG]
    Your trusty Asian remedy.

12. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See a doctor, especially since it's so painful. You could be heading into a secondary infection, which will likely not go away anytime soon, especially not without medical intervention.
    They also can prescribe you cough medicine infused with pain killers like codeine.

Other than that, the other comments work. Chloroseptic spray, salt water rinse, honey, etc. My Indian friend swears by Basil tea. Boil some dried basil and drink that for a cough and sore throat.