Hello, how was your day?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silver Snake, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;DR at bottom.

People seem to like asking such things. Though I can't see the point in it. I suspect it has something to do with the arrogance of youth.

I was reading this book about concepts and designs and thought to myself (who else would I think to?) how simple this all is, that I already know this and will be skipping to the next chapter. And then I read the rest of the page, and a grand new understanding dawned on me. Isn't that funny? Or, isn't the world funny? The things you expect or want most happen when you least expect it? I'm sure there is a reason for such things, or I'm sure there's an underlying cause for the concurrent occurrences of this event. Or perhaps it doesn't matter at all.

Or, no, the thing that was funny was my arrogance. I mean, I don't mean to be arrogant (not that anyone truly does), but you have to ask yourself, what is the value of information, or what deems information valuable. I mean, by itself, in the context of the text, what I read wasn't very valuable at all, but that information added with what I did know created a new know, you know?

I often go on tangents and have to backtrack. What was the thing I was saying in the first place? Ah, yes, how I can't see the point in asking such things like how was your day. I never understood or felt the need to talk to people about my problems. I mean, I never thought anyone other than myself could solve them. Ah, that arrogance again. But it's not arrogance! It's not like I've never told anyone about my problems! But it's just that, it doesn't really get anything done? And isn't that the point in the first place, or the greatest desire, for there to be no problem in the first place?

Women keep asking me about my problems, almost hoping for me to tell them, as if it initiates a ritual of some sort, and I am left feeling awkward, being empty-handed and all.

I suppose this has something to do with males and females. Yes, I know people are people deep down, that we're all equal and the same. But I suspect a man and a woman would answer my question differently. Men are simpler, sometimes missing the point. And women are more sensitive, sometimes creating a point where there was none. Women are generally more adventurous, and men are generally fine with what they have.

I know we're all humans on this green earth, but we're also very different. It's so frustrating. I wish I could jump into a woman's brain and just explore and pull apart the wires, and reconnect them and - why is this woman now trying to eat a stapler?

TL;DR: so how was your day?

911 likes this.
  2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm, sometimes asking that is a form of creating a conversation topic, and hell just to ask if your doing ok,
    and about girls asking if you have any problems or the likes, it is like how they measure their closeness to you. . .

3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    It amazes me how much your profile picture changes the tone of your writing, and pretty much only for you. Everyone else on this site maintains a similar tone regardless of what their picture is, but in your case the tone of your writing seems to be almost entirely decided by your profile picture. I wonder if you it's just the unique tone you naturally have, or if you're somehow just picking profile pictures that have massively different images to them, but every change you make totally changes how I hear your works in my minds ears.

As for my day, I made some tasty bread so it was good.

4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How was your night?

5. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite fine