Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Flaffy
    Hobbies: Devouring the fiction of this world!!
    Tastes:
    I am a very picky peraon in general I judge everything(and im honest about it) based on my limited knowledge and draw conclusions, ask question and only if i find it slightly interesting do I actually do some research.
    I mostly like cute stories when it comes to reading web novels, something that gives me that fluffy feeling without that icky feeling. Like the lilianne novel, there is also strange lofe of a cat and for the giggles ill throw in final boss is no joke.
    I like romance here and there but not in my action, i hate romance in my action novels and sometimes movies, like yo if i wanted to see a hot dude falln' in love with someone who is not me i would watch the bachelor! So harem is always a no no (unless ML rejects them ALL[LEGENDARY SCENARIO])
    I like my main characters to be child prodigies cause children especially smart children always give me a fluffy adorable feeling(though their gremlins in rl).
    I love sports anime, basically the only anime i watch will have competitions, which could be of mind games, card games, sword fights all manner of competition.
    Im a tough audience i do not watch everything and most things i will say are not for me. I especially do not read webnovels that have less than 50 releases and completed webnovels that have less than 100 chapters with no hope for a sequel same for manga except shoujo mangas!! The only exception[Paramore!].
    Same for TV shows and anime but the threshold is 24 not 50.

I juggle between novel, webnovel, tv, manga and anime seasons. Every 2 to 3 months i focus on a different media to see whats new in fiction because im such a tough crowd i run out pretty quickly due to boredom or mood. Sometimes its so bad i have to watch youtube lets plays of story driven games, and sometimes just random games.

[P.S. been here a while but I never did much cause i was using another forum but recently they stopped translating the only novel keeping me there so i came here]

2. BelChan

BelChan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. the otaku girls

the otaku girls Member

Reading List:
    Link
    name : otaku girl
    hobbies: i love read manga or watch anime (my favorite one piece) but now i am more into wuxia novel...also i love cooking and eating that why iam so chubby but i love myself ....

4. Moonshadowdragon

Moonshadowdragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello to the group I go by MoonShadowDragon on here and a few other reading sites hobbies include watching tv mostly food network for some reason lol playing video games manga and anime and the thing that takes up most of my time reading the type of books I enjoy reading include tameing critters druids mythology yaoi action adventer fantsey fan fics some lite romance type of storys types of storys I don't like HAREMS and romance books that start off good but then get side tracked and go to deep in the romance stuff and just lose the story it just bugs me that it seems like more and more autors start off writeing a great story but then ruin it by adding the gimmick of a harem or some chick that is the most beautiful in the world and use that to cause what I think is unneeded and distracting drama for the mc sorry I got off track there for min iv been on this site for I think a year maybe more I cant remember and I must say I do enjoy it has a lot of well everything and just about anything u would want to read well if someone managed to actualy read to this point in my long winded rant I hope u have a wonderful day and I wish for u nothing but the best

5. Timcampy

Timcampy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Timcampy/Tim the Gluttonous Lazy Golem
    Hobbies: Climbing, reading (a lot), video games, game dev, and probably other things that I don't remember right now.
    Tastes:
    No specific novel in mind but I like LitRPG, wuxia (up until you fall in the face-smacking cycle), fantasy, reincarnation, apocalypse and post-apocalyptic with supernatural/fantasy/LitRPG causes, and any of these elements in a realistic modern-day universe.
    Sometimes I also like to read a novel with absolutely no stakes involved like Isekai Shokudo or Isekai Izakaya. These two are the first ones that come to mind (probably because they have food).
    And when I feel really down, I can binge read/watch something with cuteness just for the sake of cuteness like something dragon maid (can't remember the name and can't be bothered to search for it).

6. Scattered mind

Scattered mind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello all!

Nick: Scattered mind
    Hobbies: Nintendo games, drawing, reading and watching movies.

Joined to play Mafia here, but it is also nice to find a new forum to discuss things ^_^

7. bbninjas

bbninjas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello hello! I come from the topsy-turvy land of Australia, and tend to go by 'bbninjas' or 'bbn' on my forum travels. I'm here mostly to play a game of mafia, which you all should absolutely join! ;)

I got back into reading a year or so ago, after a lengthy hiatus that I blame on school, and have recently picked up a few semi-interesting teen fiction stuff, but the genre is quite my cup of tea. The novel that drew me back into reading was Wonder, recommended by my school's librarian. It appears that she knew me well, despite not talking much before that, since I immediately came to adore the novel (and later on, the film). The story just felt so organic, so real and so relatable, and it helped me feel emotional during a dry period where I seemed incapable of feeling much empathy -- something rather unusual for me.

8. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Beltran
    Nickname: (Aren't nicknames supposed to be given to you?)
    Hobbies: Sky-watching, reading, sleeping, gaming, writing (poems and short stories) and playing badminton.

I like fantasy themed books, may it be in a medieval or post-apocalyptic setting (urban fantasy.. not so much). I like food novels (but they make me hungry), slice of life (it's so chill), and sometimes, I just read whatever takes my fancy.

ShinMofu likes this.
  9. ShinMofu

ShinMofu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Shintaro Mofujin
    Nickname: I'm with Beltran on this one lol, but feel free to call me Shin!
    Hobbies: Watching anime, reading LN/WN/Manga , writing, coding, playing video games, napping, drawing

Hi everyone! I've been lurking this place for quite some time, but now that I've recently achieved my lifelong dream of writing my own light novel, I thought it was about time I made an account to be surrounded by fellow LN readers! It's a fluffy and silly rom-com where the overly caring best friend of that generic looking dense protagonist that you often see in harem series gets gender-bent into a cute girl and all sorts of fun stuff happens! =)

I prefer to read romantic comedies and slice-of-life stuff like Oregairu and Toradora, but I'm open for anything as long as it seems interesting enough! It's nice to meet you everyone, let's be friends!

Beltran likes this.
  10. def_nomad

def_nomad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda ignored this thread till now cuz I wasn't really expecting to hang around here all that much, but kinda bored rn so whatever.

Name: def_nomad.
    Nicknames: nomad, def, anything goes.
    Interests/Hobbies: Quite a large range of stuff, if you see me commenting about something, chances are I'm interested in it. But right now the major ones would be translating and music I guess. And procrastinating obviously.
    Genres I often read: Anything that can catch my interest.

If it wasn't obvious already I'm a translator (Japanese), so most of the stuff I read nowadays is what I'm translating and don't really have much time to read other things. Kinda only got here because of other translators I met, but since most of the people here seem to prefer Chinese novels I never really was able to fit many conversations but I guess that's for the best, fewer chances for me to procrastinate.
    Anyway, guess I'll see y'all around if I stumble on an interesting thread!

11. Harada

Harada Member

Reading List:
    Link
    name:Harada
    I don't have a nick name
    hobby:watching anime, reading manga, playing video games, and cooking Japanese food.
    I like to read fantasy, gender blender, and reincarnation.

12. davidmichaels

davidmichaels New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    David michaels is the name :D
    Here for learning and for some fun ;)

13. dsoliver18

dsoliver18 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all!!!)

14. Emz

Emz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ☕ im here for fun & keeping up with new releases

15. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    soo funny.. -goddess here

16. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    meh close enough... better question, why are looking at things from 2 years ago?

17. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing better to do, I guess.

18. def_nomad

def_nomad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm...but I've been getting alerts now, dunno if that's good or bad, but then again nothing better to do here LOL

19. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    This should give you something better to do, dontcha think so? XD
    Nice to meet u :)

def_nomad likes this.
  20. def_nomad

def_nomad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to meet you too, and ya, I guess, at least this is something.

GoldenGoddess likes this.