Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Jeiyiii

Jeiyiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Display Name: Jeiyiii
    Online Name (?): Haru
    I want my Display Name to be Haru but it's not available, so I chose Jeiyiii (My real first name starts with the letter J) ^^
    Hobby: Watching Series, Learning

My first novel was The Oath of Love, I don't know what happened to the novel
    But currently I'm reading Put Your Head On My Shoulder
    The genres I want to read are School/ Youth/ Coming of Age/ Romance/ Medical/ Military/ Fantasy novels ^^

Btw I want to create thread I noticed the Prefixes What is Request Prefix?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  2. Face-con

Face-con Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Face-con
    Hobbies: Reading Chinese novels ( also manhwas) . Usually I read Bl Qt novels ( can't stop reading them ). And novels like transmigrated into a villains in the novel. There are two tags I avoid by all means that is tragedy ( Yaoi tragedy is too heavy for me ) and harem (Just think that reading novel where 3 or more people "love" each other is too stupid *roll eye* . If it was for smut I WOULD read it . ) .

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    QT Banan likes this.
  3. midnightfantasy

midnightfantasy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: midnight fantasy (well i don't have any nickname actually i just use this name since i was listening to this song when i make nu account. I guess you could just make it short like midfan or whatever u like)

Hobbies: reading (ofc), sleep, eat, listening to music, ranting on my uni life:sushi_dead:

I actually like mystery novels and i'm a huge fan of sherlock holmes and hercule poirot but here in NU i'm a romance slave:bloblove:

I can't decide on my fav novel but i love BG QT and any romance with fresh humor. I like korean and japanese novel too but i'm more into chinese since it's easier to mtl lol

I'm a very shy person but i hope to get along well with everyone:blobReach:

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  4. superdude201

superdude201 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just might as well say hi here.

cotton mortal likes this.
  5. adl111

adl111 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, a new member here.

cotton mortal likes this.
  6. hhhhhuie

hhhhhuie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hhhhhuie here,
    so tbh, I only registered to this forum because there is a manga which I don't remember and I hoped someone could tell me the name of. Buut apparently I cannot post anything unless i have 5+ comments. So here we go.

7. yilingwave

yilingwave Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can call me Mio.

For hobbies, I like reading both novels and tarot cards.

I'm here for C-novels and I'm mostly interested in xianxia. It can be BL/GL/NL or without romance, all I ask is for it to not be boring.

If the worldbuilding takes up space from actual plot and characters I'd rather read an encyclopedia. I am very likely to drop a novel by the first 3 chapters if it doesn't hook me in.

I hate irredeemable MCs but a little gray morality spice never killed anyone. I've never read a harem novel but I'm open to the idea. Edgelord MCs are boring and so are pushy FL/MLs.

I won't read stories with a rape tag.

Flowery language is expected for the genre but sometimes too much is too much.

Transmigration novels are also interesting but I'm tired of looking at a novel summary only for it to be full of Generic European names and blond people. If I wanted to read Western Fantasy I wouldn't be looking for Ancient Chinese settings.

The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation is my current favorite novel, although no. It's not because of "The Yaoi". I just want a well thought out plot instead of a never ending march towards OPness that will bore me to tears. I guess that's it. Hi.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. Misty Naxxremis

Misty Naxxremis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently I made an account back in 2017... As I have no knowledge of this, I have come to the conclusion that I was, in fact, possessed. And whoever, or whatever possessed me, did so so that they could read LN's. But now, in 2020, I have discovered this website for the first time ever, cause there's no way that I came here before (I was definitely possessed, shut up,) and have decided to make an account (cause NovelPlanet is gone.) Anyways, it's time for my introduction.

My full name is Morticia Naxxremis, but I like to go by Misty. I have also been called many names that have something or other to do with "Yandere," and "Yuri," a few variations of "Big Sis," and "Little Sis,' as well as things like A**hole. Oh, and names that have to do with cats, as my pfp's almost constantly have a cat girl, a cat and a girl, a cat, or a girl with some kind of catlike clothing.

My hobbies include; Reading manga, and light novels, watching anime, and certain live-action stuff (MCU, Super Girl, Killing Eve, OITNB, etc.) Reading, and writing fanfics (I haven't posted any yet), writing original works (haven't published yet), music (mostly listening, but a bit of playing), cooking, and 3D animation (modeling, texturing, rigging, and all that jazz.) I also like to eat and flirt. Not at the same time though. I'm not a savage. And I like being an a**hole. Btw I totally deserve to have been called that as many times as I have. I do not take offense.

Two of my favorite LN are the "Devil is a Part-Timer," and "Problem Children" series'. I used to read them on Novel Planet, but it has since been shut down. I found both series' on here, but the volumes I'm on aren't available (just my luck.) I also like the Yuri, Romance, Drama, and Psychological genres, preferably all together (though I don't mind dropping the romance tag.) A good comedy is always nice too, but not my go-to.

I'm also an autist lesbian. And an adult... though I hardly ever act like it. I like to embrace my inner child.

........Well, I think that's just about everything.......

Aight Imma go now.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Baldingere likes this.
  9. Lapsy

Lapsy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aight hi I'm Lapsy

Recently just got into Ln Wn you name it

I'm currently interested in xianxia or fantasy like novels with a good amount of romance and Ze Tian Ji is kinda breaking my heart with LuoLuo ): and now I registered to look for other people to talk with, cyall!

10. Orangerk

Orangerk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    henlo, i'm orangerk! you can just call me orange . . . or anything you'd like aslongasitisnotoffensive am fine with that. (๑꒪▿꒪)*
    i like anything that is orange, just don't gib me 'that' cones. yesh, traffic cones.

i like reading and sleeping. watching anime is my go-to if i really don't have anything to do. i signed up here 'cause i want to find and try C-Novels. you see, this orange is quite a big fan of fantasy genre nyahaha.

current fave eng novel: The Mistborn Series
    current fave manga: Vinland Saga and Black Lagoon
    currently reading: Reverend Insanity

11. hhv94

hhv94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking for this thread, finally glad I found it....To answer the questions from the poster....

Name/Nickname you want us to call you
    hhv94 is fine for now...I'm a newbie... ;)
    Hobbies/interests
    Korean Manwha/Novels/Manga/Anime/K and J Drama's and any type of music too. Oh! Forgot to mention I used to write LOTS of fanfiction/Original Fiction....might go back to it IF I EVER have time. Hope I do soon! My real life world keeps me very busy!
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for
    Ill look up titles and summaries to see if anything comes up. I will read smutty good novels or funny romances...depends on the book itself. :)
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY;
    I have WAY to many novels and Manwha I've been reading on and off....Not to mention Manga and Anime titles I keep up with. I love funny romances and smutty novels if they have great plot or I'll drop them. At present I LOVE Miss Not So Sidekick. This title was what got me hooked on Korean Novels....Not sure about Chinese titles yet. My turn offs are very weak female leads who will completely lean on the ML. It does depend on the set up and character development is a MUST for me. Reincarnation stories have me hooked but I have to really like the title to move along or Ill just drop it. I am a HUGE spoiler nut and don't mind being spoiled on titles...Ill read anything that looks good to me!

12. Zell

Zell Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooooo!!!!!! This 5 post restriction is preventing this Patriarch to post my arrival into the mortal realm. I will be back, this is not over

13. justanotherNPC

justanotherNPC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm justanotherNPC, a new member here.

I used to read mostly Japanese novels. But recently, I am into Chinese novels especially horror comedy ones. My current favorite novels are:

(BL list)

- I Wasn't Born Lucky
    - A Crowd of Evil Spirit Lines up to Confess to Me
    - Supernatural Movie Actor App
    - New Times, New Hell

(non BL list)

- Side Character Transmigration: The Final Boss is No Joke
    - Quick Transmigration: Heroine arrives, Woman Rapidly Retreats!
    - My Master Disconnected Yet Again

Moonpearl, Sunny May and strayCat0 like this.
  14. Lestr22

Lestr22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    I created account just so i can post on novel pick up request for Second Story Online: Aiming To Become The World’s Number 1. Ideal Witch
    but now i need 5 post so i can post links on request

I like both japanese and chinese novel mostly fantasy,VRMMO, comedy

Few favorites
    Free Life Fantasy Online
    You’re My Glory
    A Slight Smile is Very Charming
    The Strange Adventure of a Broke Mercenary

strayCat0 likes this.
  15. tonyolexia

tonyolexia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya guys! Long time lurker here but decided to finally be active woohoo~

Anyway, I'm Tonyolexia and I like to read books and comics. Nice to meet you all!

Baldingere, strayCat0 and melomarl like this.
  16. CutieCatty

CutieCatty [Following Kalto's Step] [Hibernation]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello newbies~~~
    Im newbie too.. Lets be friend~~~^^

17. pho-real

pho-real Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm pho-real! I've been lurking around this site for a while now. Finally decided to make an account.

I'm not a fan of the romance genre, but for some reason ever since I discovered novelupdates I've been reading in that category lol. My hobbies are reading books/manga/etc, playing board/video games, eating new cuisines with friends (temporarily on hold b/c of the current pandemic situation), and trying (failing) to grow a herb garden.

strayCat0 and melomarl like this.
  18. Roxannewang

Roxannewang New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone I made an account to request to find a Manhwa I cannot find it other than the raw which I stumbled upon. It’s one of the new prettiest art work Manhwas I’ve stumbled upon!
    The name is shadow empress from google translating it it’s on kakao

strayCat0 likes this.
  19. Roxannewang

Roxannewang New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly since I’m a new member it’s not allowing me to post the raw link.

strayCat0 likes this.
  20. Roxannewang

Roxannewang New Member

Reading List:
    Link