Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    If you've ever seen Solaris, that was written by Lem. I'd somewhat recommend that, but even more Futurological Congress, and The Cyberiad is easily my favourite book of all time.

2. eric_river

eric_river Member

Reading List:
    Link
    long time reader/lurker here whole likes to read and write
    thought i'd join the action on the forum from tonight
    must've read a thousand titles off this site before
    though i like to write now too, i'll read a thousand more
    :sneaky:

3. GoldfishEmperor

GoldfishEmperor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.
    I like books.
    I like plants.
    I like my bed.
    I like sleeping.
    I like food.
    I like peacefulness.

My cat is evil btw and forces me to sleep on the floor sometimes.
    So if someone knows a good technique to exorcise evil cat spirits, please send a DM.

PS: You can call me Olaf.

eric_river likes this.
  4. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone
    I am late but I also like to :
    Welcome newcomers
    ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE
    There are so many people who come and go but always try to not hurt other's feelings and try to be friend with each other
    Everyone has their own prospective.
    But they are really nice people so try to take good care of each other
    Thk you for listening to my humble request

5. garnetious

garnetious Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! You can call me Garnet, or just my full username I don't really care lol
    My hobbies are probably reading and I've had a genshin addiction for a while now so I don't know if video games count as well ;;
    My favourite tags are probably fantasy / romance along with psychological and sometimes horror depending on my mood ^^ I really don't like to read harem sort of stuff though
    My favourite novel right now is probably SSS-Class Suicide Hunter, mainly because I enjoy how the main character was written (his determination along with still retaining a sense of morality even through everything he went through) and the romance just adds to it lol. I also like ORV and I enjoyed reading JWQS a while ago.
    If anyone has recs which are like those novels please let me know ^^

6. Deleted member 381027

Deleted member 381027 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I'm Adr28
    Was gonna go for Adrie but that one was taken already
    My hobbies are probably reading and writing, and just people watching in general
    I do lurk a lot too
    So yeah, that's it

Hoodychan likes this.
  7. DevilSamAlex

DevilSamAlex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Alex.
    Hobby: reading, kdrama and writing

8. Star-wolf

Star-wolf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone,

I've been reading a lot of light novels and web novels lately and I hope everyone here can help me find my way around this wonderful site.

9. Luxor

Luxor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings all, my name is Luxor.
    I like reading.

10. caewi

caewi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hi! Everyone can just call me Cae! I've been a lurker since 2 years ago, but decided to be active cos there are some novels that I really need to review recently just because of how good they are (and how few the reviews are). I'm glad my reviews managed pull other people down the rabbit hole (๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)و
    I used to be addicted to genshin, but sadly my phone broke and my current phone can't support genshin *sobs*, so now I throw myself into another addiction called tears of themis (damn mihoyo and their ability to make hot npcs).
    My main genre of interest is BL, with some BG mixed inside here and there. I'm still unable to breach through the GL genre aside from this one cute GL manhua I really like, called Tamen de Gushi. It's just so cute. Shounen is also a genre I like, tho that only applies to manga/manhwa/manhua and not novels. Other than that, I like discovering new novels that just got picked up/translated.
    Anyway, nice to meet you all!

11. t1774ny

t1774ny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nickname: eni (like ANYthing)

Hobbies/interests: reading (duh lol), gaming, watching youtube, anime, manga

Genres: isekai/reincarnation/transmigration, fantasy, scifi, supernatural, comedy, MC being OP, fluff.

Your favourite novel and WHY: I don't have a favourite because I enjoy them all. I'm like this with books, colours, music, games etc. I'll list books that have made an impact on me:
    • The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien: I used to HATE reading and it only got worse because my mum would try to make me into a reader like my sister and kept comparing us so I resisted even more. This was the first book I read voluntarily and not because of school. I was about 11-12 years old. I don't know why I suddenly picked up the book but I'm glad I did.
    • LOTR trilogy: after finishing The Hobbit I finally wanted to read more, I got hungry and found that the author had a trilogy. Ate it up and was super confused... I liked it but I didn't understand a lot of it lol, I remember that Return of the King was the most exciting and Two Towers was the most boring.
    • Harry Potter: read this right when the first movie came out so perfect timing. Fell in love with the magic and the world. This completely solidified the type of genre I will start reading.
    • Books by Nora Roberts: best romance author and she's awesome. She was one of the first romance authors I started reading and I was like mind-completely-blown! SMEXY times in word format... SIGN ME THE F UP! I was about 14-15?
    • Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews: shaped the types of fantasy I liked reading (I also found out that there were different types of fantasy... go figure!) Urban Fantasy... love it!
    • Books by SE Smith - first sci-fi romance I read and realised, "oh hey, I like sci-fi too!" as long as it takes me away from reality I will enjoy it!
    • Solo Leveling: the first LN I read.. I think.... I found out that WN and NL were actually enjoyable. I had a misconception of what LN/WB was - either fanfic or literotica lmaooooo
    • Beauty and the Beast - I love this trope, if you have a recommendation I'll gobble it up.
    • From Far Away by Kyoko Hikawa - the manga that told me that I love isekai. I couldn't quite put my finger on the type of genre I liked until I realised a lot of anime and manga had veeeery similar type of things happening to the MC... learnt a new Japanes word! Isekai~~
    I'm gonna stop here because this bullet point list will keep going on and on.

Hoodychan likes this.
  12. Hoodychan

Hoodychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone!
    My nickname is hoody and I decided to join this site recently after discovering web novels.
    I’m an avid reader or manga and books but all this time I thought that novels (e.g., when mangas get adopted from novels) were not translated to English. I’m glad I came across this website and I hope I find lots of good stories to read.
    Unfortunately I have a bad habit of getting hooked easily to a good story to the point of losing sense of time and place. That’s why I try to limit my reading time so it doesn’t interfere with my work\personal life.
    That’s all I can share for now :) hope everyone enjoys their time here!

13. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF, hoody~

Hoodychan likes this.
  14. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    XD I was thinking why you would post twice here, but then realized that I saw you on another thread, not this :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    Welcome BTW~:blobparty::blobparty:

15. Hoodychan

Hoodychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha! That would be horrible :p
    Thank you :D

Zissel likes this.
  16. infiniteperplexity

infiniteperplexity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm IP (my user feels super douche-y but I chose it because it seemed like it sounded meaningful at the time even though I knew it literally doesn't make sense and just sounds sorta nice lmao) and I've always been an internet-addicted degenerate for as long as I can recall. Recently (around a good 4-5 months ago), I got involved in the Chinese web-novel community and fell in love with the culture surrounding Chinese internet-culture (I'm so fucking eloquent, woooow *applause*). Since then, I've become a regular and avid reader, consuming these novels with an unhealthy pace and extricating myself from my damned responsibilities of living a proper life. But that's overrated anyway, so I can't find it within myself to care. Blame my infatuation, I wasn't lying when I said I fell in love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm a passionate advocate for, and open to most of your standard interent sub-cultures; anything from anime, manga, reading in general, music, gaming- you name it. I have growing dependence on SoundCloud (I like that there are a lot more ranges of music, as well as songs that aren't licensed or formally published and therefore inaccessible by normal and streaming means. It's also more creator-friendly, so I can listen to more than just the verified artists like on Spotify- ok enough of my whole spiel I'm not here to advertise SC, sorry.) and m&ms. I'm fairly basic and I'm really not that interesting, and I'm pretty inept at maneuvering my way around forums like these... I guess that's about all from me~ ntmu all! (。´∀`)ノ

17. Mercedes

Mercedes Member

Reading List:
    Link

18. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi~!!! Nice to meet you~!! :blobpeek::blobpeek:

19. saltedfishh

saltedfishh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    name's saltedfishh because someone else is already saltedfish.:blobunamused: i dont mind being called fish though. i like reading, sleeping and eating good food. i like survival, horror, xianxia, xuanhuan and BL genres for novels, but then again my preference changes almost everyday so it's inaccurate but those are what i'd normally go for. lowkey fujoshi and minor otaku here.:blob_blush: uh that's about it i'm actually pretty boring :blob_tilt:

20. HyperiousTheSun

HyperiousTheSun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: HyperiousTheSun
    Hobby: Likes to read and Write.
    Novels and genres I like: Anything that does not make me cringe, but I don't mind op MCs and Shounen for that matter.
    What I have been reading recently: lot of shoujo manga
    What I have realized recently: shoujo manga is become very smuty