Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. LadyTrivia

LadyTrivia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LadyTrivia here!
    Not exactly new, but only ever used NU to read, have never so much as approached the forum part of the site :blobsweat:
    Im addicted to chocolate and books.
    I often read isekai novels, and the villainess type ones, in whatever setting it exists. But I also read a lot of those cute and comedy romances that just makes me remember of how single I am :blob_teary::blobjoy:

Also, currently, my favourite novel is You're My Glory, by Gu Man. Like I said, i like those cute romances :')

2. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello or Bonjour!
    Thamalasca is the name Thama for short.
    I'm both Canadian and French (from France), therefore I'm lucky enough to be bilingual.
    I'm new to the Manwha/webtoon genre, I discovered this a couple of months ago.
    At the moment, I'm full Isekai, Transmigration, Reincarnation, Time travel, Villainess changing and Revenge mode..... with Romance included of course.....:D
    I also like to comment and analyse the story I read, I've just posted 2 Blog posts on my analysis of "Kill the Villainess" and the final one on it is in the works. (If you like that, please hop by the blog area, or you can find them also in the kill the villainess spoiler thread)
    Understanding the characters and the authors motivations are my bread and butter. And I like myself a Good Story.
    My fav's at the moment:
    Kill the Villainess
    In this life I'll become the matriarch
    The way to protect the female lead's older brother
    Please your majesty don't kill me again
    I'll save this damned family
    Princess imprints a traitor
    The villainess is a marionette.

That should give you an overview for the moment. I plan, and I've somewhat started in its spoiler thread, to analyse Please your majesty don't kill me again next.
    I'm also a newly fledge translator, from english to french and french to english, so if you need proofreaders of editors don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers! :D

3. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome~!!! Am looking forward to your analysis~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021
    Thamalasca likes this.
  4. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the welcome! I hope you enjoy my analysis so far!

Zissel likes this.
  5. Deleted member 313917

Deleted member 313917 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I just discovered this thread now so I'm pretty late to it:blobtired:
    Name : Snail cottage but snail for short :)
    She/her
    Hobby: binge reading and scaring myself with horror novels who couldnt even watch Disney movies till I was 10 (there's a weird safety in the fact it's just text)
    Genres: Shonen and horror. With bl and gl of course. Having an obsession with unlimited flow recently. Slice of life/farming idle life to give me therapy after the horrors:bloborz:
    Still stuck in the abyss of bl from animes to manga/manhwa to novels. It's been following me everywhere.. :sweating_profusely:

Lissi likes this.
  6. Didact

Didact Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    General Kenobi

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are amazing~ blobmelt_thumbs
    Any recs? :blobalert:

8. jungsikkie

jungsikkie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oop just found this so might as well do it
    Name: Lux
    Hobbies: Surprise surprise I like reading while avoiding all my responsibilities. Also writing and editing.
    Genres: I read a lot of fantasy and bl, recently getting into sci-fi. I will read literally anything if it's a bl-
    Favourite novel: Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. It was the longest novel I've ever read, yet it still felt too short. I have never been as invested in any other work as this. I also like Mo Xiang Tong Xiu's other works a lot.
    Got an unhealthy obsession with bl so if you got any recommendations please hit me up!

9. hazael_hounds

hazael_hounds Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this thread has been on for 6 years, that's crazy.
    Name: Hazael
    Hobbies: Reading novels
    Genres: Anything good, honestly not picky with the stuff I read
    Favourite Novel: MDZS, I was shocked by the quality of the world building, it was my first translated novel with such a detailed background.
    Other than that, Malazan Book of the fallen series will always be my favourite <3

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  10. Deleted member 313917

Deleted member 313917 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Lissi likes this.
  11. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Nadia
    Hobbies/interests: reading, drawing, writing, history, cooking, esperanto, conlangs, worldbuilding and theres proabably more I'm forgetting
    Genres: as long as it's good I'm into it.
    Favourite Novel and why: hmmmm its so hard for me to pick favorites but maybe TGCF/heavens officals blessing? I love the main story of it and hualian but it's actually my favorite more because of all the amazing side characters.They're always so funny but still have great backstories. I always like the side characters better in mxtx novels lol
    thats all ^-^ nice meeting you!

12. DoubleBlind

DoubleBlind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, nice to meet you. DoubleBlind here.
    Hobbies: Writing, video games, snakes and tarantulas, figure collecting.
    Genres: I write Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Comedy, and LitRPG. I read anything I can. Favorite authors are Joe Abercrombie, Patrick Rothfuss, and Brandon Sanderson. I love detailed world-building, in-depth characters, and plots that surprise me.
    Anything else: I'm currently writing and updating Everyone's a Catgirl!

Thanks for the post!

13. naosky

naosky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    My name is Naosky.
    I love to read novel, manga, manhwa and watch anime.

14. Saoriblue

Saoriblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi my name is Cristina...

Hobbies: I love reading, webnovels nowadays, sleeping and BTS. I love Asian content

15. Spade Z

Spade Z Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Spade or Z
    Hobbies/Interest : Reading and Martial arts
    I like to read bl novels and mangas/manhwas/manhuas
    Not really into straight romance but if its gender bender and esports sure i'll give it a try

16. orizhinal

orizhinal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone, please call me ori! I'm excited to be here. Love love love boardgames, something with a little strategy and cooperation goes a long way for me. I'm still figuring out my taste in novels, but a good magic system or isekai style zero to OP plots always catch my attention. Anyone else into MBTI here? I'm an ENFP ;)

17. RustyFerro

RustyFerro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello hello! (◍>ᴗ<)ノシ I'm RustyFerro, but you can call me Rusty or Ferro! I am a frequent reader here in NU but it was just now that I registered. I really like reading bl novels. I'm addicted to it for 3 years now. I love fluffy stories and also the heavy plot ones. I can’t really handle angsty stories but still read them anyway (as long as it's HE).

But, before jumping into the pit of bl, I am an innocent lil kid who likes to read shounen/seinen mangas, manhuas, novels!!!!! Well, I'm also interested in watching documentaries on true crime stories, serial killers, conspiracies, Dan Brown books, Stephen King books, Dean Koontz, blah, blah, blah... ORZ. And now my eyes are currently have 350 grade due to me abusing them (( ༎ຶ ◡︎༎ຶ)!

Please guide this lil Rusty lovely senpais :)3_ヽ)_

18. Dark_phoenix_2609

Dark_phoenix_2609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Dark phoenicx here, I love novels that has transmigration/reincarnation.rebirth/system/space/quick transmigration(Both BG and BL)... a little farming, sometimes revenge based but I personally love fluffy heartwarming stories.. (Love it if it was "Transmigrating into a book(novel) type") Mostly with female MC, and if it is male MC I like it if it was BL... If anyone have a suggested novel please do tell me...:aww:

19. gltichsugar

gltichsugar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: You can call me Ro or Glitch, although Glitch is probably easier to remember lol ^w^
    Hobbies/interests: I like to draw, watch anime, read manga, and play video games!
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: I like idols and magical girls/boys!
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY:
    Atm, my favorite read is the Shadows House manga! It's still ongoing last I saw, but I love the way it layers upon itself! It starts so light and innocent, and then the shadows begin to grow and overlap~ It's really interesting!! And I love all the threads of mysteries that both the characters and the readers are trying to unravel~ (I hate the anime for it tho,,, It unceremoniously spat out one of the big secrets and then tried to act like nothing had happened)
    Anything Else?
    I'm definitely always looking for good recs, and I don't have too much of a preference on what I read, so I'll give just about anything a shot! Although I do prefer mangas/manhwas/etc over novels/light novels, 'cause the pictures add a depth that my imagination is too puny to do,,, Also Genshin Impact is awesome and I can't wait until I have the motivation to get my grubby little paws on the webtoon~

20. Coffee Turtle

Coffee Turtle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Call me coffee or turtle, which ever you prefer. I draw and write as a hobby. I like BLs the most but I'm fine with everything, second chance and face slapping is most definitely some of my favs~ I love fluff the most but angst and SE is also very nice fufu~ My favorite novel til now is... *drum rolls* Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder from a Novel! The face slapping is satisfying, the pain is exquisite and the fluff is amazing. Everything unfolded well, the MC is far from being a doormat and has a brain, the ending was great and I hope all the couples have a happy ending no matter the lives. I also plays Genshin on my potato of a PC, trying my best atm. I'm at AR 45 in NA server, if you wanna carry me then please send me your UID and I cannot carry with my strength, please don't ask me to carry. I'm focusing more on novels lately and if you have recommendations, feel free to send them over!