Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. slenderman18

slenderman18 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup pigs. (jk it just happens to be on my profile picture)
    Name: slenderman18
    Hobbies: Reading, listening to music while reading, chess, videogames with close people, movie nights, going out to places.
    Favorite fruit - Blackberries
    Favorite songs - currently Catch by Jaron, So Alive by Synymata, After All by Kai Wachi, Poison by We Are Fury, Heartsick Ymir, After the Titanic by The Eden Project, A Drowning City by acloudyskye.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    cmuro likes this.
  2. cmuro

cmuro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay hi, names cmuro people just call me kiki
    i like reading, taking my cat on walks, watching cringe movies, sleeping, listening to music and making baking. my favorite fruit are peaches or mangos. my favorite music genre is indie but i like everything tbh. im new here so please help me out :/

slenderman18 and Sheri_Yui_Chan like this.
  3. why.

why. ✪WHY SUPREMACY✪|❄ [orangeLover]❄

Reading List:
    Link
    name: why.
    nickname: lazy sheep :rolleyes:
    hobby?: reading,reading....reading:p

4. indecisis

indecisis Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, my username is indecisis!

I love, love, love reading. I also enjoy music and playing with animals, such as dogs and cats.

My favorite genres are fantasy <3 and sci-fi. I love time travel stuff, too!!! I'm always up for a good character-driven work, and especially so if it has found family. :') The emotions are real.

My favorite novels so far have been Lout of the Count's Family, ORV, S Classes that I Raised, and Third Wheel Strikes Back.

5. Artedia

Artedia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Flying Birdie

Flying Birdie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like flying! And birds blobmelt_thumbs

7. Fragarach

Fragarach New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Hums Silently*

8. Wordsvendor

Wordsvendor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there.
    hello,
    You can call me weaver, cause that's what I do. I weav the threads of my imagination in a beautiful thrilling story.
    Genres that I like are:- fantasy, xianxia wuxia, xuanhuan, psychology, supernatural,mature, adult, mystery, ecchi.
    Tags:- cunning protagonist, ruthless protagonist, beast companion, master-slave, master- student, magical space.
    There are some more but i don't feel like mentioning them.
    Type of ending that I like are those with unditermined fate.like when author end his story with a fixed possibility I lost my interest in it.
    I like ending like in the novel 'against the god' where there is infinite possibilities of him going to venture into that abyss or to go to rescue his girlfriend outside the domain.

9. AlwysFrvr

AlwysFrvr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm a broken promise, that is wishing to fix what is once broken.

I'm actually an OG who's been reading since Peerless Martial God was one of the hottest thing, and Martial God Asura is still an awesome read.

But enough of that, I'm just here for someone. And I'm hoping she notices me.

Flying Bed likes this.
  10. Flying Burrito

Flying Burrito ଘ Burrito Member ଓ

Reading List:
    Link
    I named myself burrito but I never eaten burrito before :cookie:

11. Djie

Djie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm Djie! I'm fairly new here, by that I meant i literally just made this roughly an hour ago. And i decided that i shall commit to this and used my energy doing stuffs like this since i still have the energy to do so (idk want to postpone things like this since I'll end up never doing it, or maybe, if i dont do it now).

I love reading all kinds of stuff, may it be educational or for pleasure. I spend all of my time reading, my life basically evolves around it.

Genres that i like are mainly romance and comedy. I do read action but not as much as the formers. Anything that involves romance (fantasy, modern, isekai, villainess, etc) is my main preference.

Novels that I've read that stuck with me are ORV, MDZS, TGCF, Lout of the Counts Family and A Decade of Love. All have one commonality, the feeling of hurt. They made me cry until my eyes bled. (im obv exaggerating) I also happen to not remember the titles of romance novels that mainly includes villainess soooo,,,

hehehehehehe

Hello, I'm Djie! I'm fairly new here, by that I meant i literally just made this roughly an hour ago. And i decided that i shall commit to this and used my energy doing stuffs like this since i still have the energy to do so (idk want to postpone things like this since I'll end up never doing it, or maybe, if i dont do it now).

I love reading all kinds of stuff, may it be educational or for pleasure. I spend all of my time reading, my life basically evolves around it.

Genres that i like are mainly romance and comedy. I do read action but not as much as the formers. Anything that involves romance (fantasy, modern, isekai, villainess, etc) is my main preference.

Novels that I've read that stuck with me are ORV, MDZS, TGCF, Lout of the Counts Family and A Decade of Love. All have one commonality, the feeling of hurt. They made me cry until my eyes bled. (im obv exaggerating, kind of) I also happen to not remember the titles of romance novels that mainly includes villainess soooo,,,

hehehehehehe

12. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm late. Still hi.

13. ilios

ilios Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    name : nyx
    i'm a totally legit stand-alone account and not an alt.

pls don't report me for spam. I'm not a spam account, i don't like spam(the food):meowpuffytears:

14. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. My name is Alejo. Everyone calls me that in real life. (It feels odd saying "real life" as if I am not in real life typing this.)

A member sent a link to welcome me like the others and I found this welcome thread.
    I'm unsure what to write here. I guess I will start with, I'm a new member as of today.

I've always liked reading, but the ones I read are a bit more different. I only started reading the type of novels here because my younger cousins barged into my study one day to suggest reading other materials with "more color" other than the boring books I have. I did read some and found the stories and illustrations entertaining to my surprise. I still have to navigate through the different genres available, however, and that is, basically, why I am here.

Well, this has become a long-winded introduction. I am looking forward to this new type of entertainment. Thank you.

- Alejo

15. Bored_Student

Bored_Student Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys!!!
    My name is Bored and I’m a fujoshi in the EST timezone. I play the Viola and the Piano because I really love music.
    My favorite genres are BL and Action.
    My favorite BL novel is Heaven’s Official Blessing because of how devoted the two love interests are.
    My favorite action novel is Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint because of the apocalypse setting and how smart MC is.
    Have a good day!

FlowingSong likes this.
  16. ArcadiaMagus

ArcadiaMagus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, arcadia is fine to everyone, 16y old and i pass most of my time lost in my imagination.
    I love books, novels, or any kind of work that can scratch my fiction love.
    My favorite genres are mystery, horror, occult, romance, dark fantasy, filosofical/psicological, and magic (my favorite one) of which i can only read when they are an well tought structured system of mysticism like the scientific kinda of Throne of Magical arcana, the magecraft of FATE, and others.
    Coincidentaly my favorite novel is Lord of Mysteries from cuttlefish that loves diving that also wrote Throne, and my favorite book is Angelorium.
    English is my second linguage so have pacience wth me <3.

17. Chirpyy

Chirpyy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi
    Call me Chirpyy ^^
    I mostly play video games and watch yt on my free time and I also read manga/webtoon/manhua/manhwa every day. I can read anything so recommandations are welcomed !
    For novels I read almost exclusively Bl and sometimes I just catch up the story of a manga I’m reading. My favorite subgenre is isekai, rebirth and angst… I don’t really want recommandations that don’t match at least one of those three categories.
    English is my second language so it’s a bit weird I’m sorry
    Thanks for reading~~

18. Author Hawa

Author Hawa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing the daily training routine to become as strong as Saitama.... Hehehe

19. sanyona

sanyona Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Yona, also by Sybil
    I mainly read BL

20. jack_ingoldsby

jack_ingoldsby New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HI,
    Name: Jack
    Based in NYC, I'm originally from Dublin...
    Hobbies: Computing, martial arts (judo, BJJ, but I have done Chinese martial arts like Tsoi Li Ho Fut Hung as well), skiing
    I like modern/traditional wuxia like Jin Yong, and ran a small wiki where you could download epubs of fan translations...
    Right now I'm intrigued by the possibility of using chatbots to translate older stuff.. Wang Dulu, Liang Yusheng etc (A lot of the Jin Yong stuff is translated).
    with that in mind, I'd love to find raws of the original Chinese novels... pdfs would be OK, but epubs, docx, RTF would be great.