Recommendations help a man overcome the novel slump

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sivasms, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sivasms

sivasms Immortal novel Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I am in a slump can't read a novel so please recommend me something which is nice but not nerve-wracking , a story which moves in a carefree and light pace and a light-hearted story . I just want a story which isn't stressful like we have to always worry about something happening to female leads and some new ones in MTL sites

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sivasms and oliver like this.
  3. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I see another one has joined us down in the novel slump, Even if you leave you'll be back in awhile :aww::aww::cookie::cookie::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

Dragon king's Son-In-Law, no worries about women really.

demonicdie, sivasms and Irisia like this.
  4. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Invisible Dragon. I assure you, there is no drama there. a light hearted story
    Edit: after this every story will be interesting for you XD

sivasms likes this.
  5. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lady Cultivator* on qidian is pretty chill. (Nice immortals)

*Power of formations* on scribblehub is also chill. (No big antagonist as of yet)

*Master's Smile* is lacking in common sense but nice if you wanna turn your brain off.

sivasms likes this.
  6. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I avoid the novel slump by having other hobbies as well. As soon as I start feeling kind of meh.. about reading, not quite as excited to get to that next chapter or start that new book as I normally am, I give up for a while and focus on video games. Specifically I try to stay away from RPGs which I love because they are too story oriented and contribute to novel slump. Instead I pick up more mindless games like first and third person shooters or some metroidvanias that all I have to do is think about making that next jump or dodge.

If I'm not feeling the games either though, I pick a few tv series and just mindlessly binge. Sometimes the slump lasts for only a few days, once in lasted for 6 months. But after I got through it, mostly by watching long running tv series, Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Netflix Marvel series, The Pretender(one of my all time favorite series), J.A.G., Numb3rs, Madam Secretary(didn't think I'd like this one but it was surprisingly good), etc, I was so hyped up to start reading again it was like I was discovering books again for the first time.

Obviously you can do more than game or watch movies/tv shows. Try your hand at something new, try your hand at something you haven't done in a while. Go outside and check out the graphics there, sculpt, draw, get some exercise, learn a new language(not really recommended if you're suffering from reading burnout), go on a few dates and recall why you hate interacting with other people. Just do something else for a while. You don't want to force yourself to read to the point where you end up hating it. That's how we end up with horrible bitter reviews for parts of novels that could normally be allowed to slide for being genre tropes.

sivasms likes this.
  7. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    God of Cooking
    God's Song

Yeah those two are all I can think of on the spot.

sivasms likes this.
  9. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, why doesn't this meme die already? It might have been amusing years ago, but seeing it in practically every recommendation thread regardless of what people are asking for is just grating at this point.

sivasms likes this.
  10. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary things don't die out with time

sivasms likes this.
  11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link