Help me! I'm stuck because of a word I can't remember what it called.

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Aachiin0914, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 Full-time NEET✿

Reading List:
    Link
    So, here I am. It's been, I don't know, a month, or monthssss since I updated my novel. It's a fan fic, btw. So, it's about ancient China, and I'm not Chinese. I don't know a lot of words. I have to research a lot. I can replace some words, like the traditional dress to robes. Red robes, gold robes. But there are words I don't want to replace.

I've been searching Google about that word for hours. Nope, just exaggerated, just 15 mins or so. The more I searched the more I get distracted. So, I stopped. I thought of reading few historical novel to find that word but I stopped again. I didn't update for so long cause I had been reading, I just finished a novel just an hour ago.

Anyway, so, I came here. Hoping others to know that word. I actually dunok where to post this question. But since I'm writing, I decided to create this thread. I've been stuck for months and can't write any words until today. This word is destroying my writing zone. Sigh~

It's just a simple word. I know it's a simple word, but that word bug me since earlier. It's at the tip of my tongue already, it just refuse to be spat out.

It's the thing that Emperor reads whenever. That scroll? Article? Or is it the edict? It have those reports or something. And the Emperor mark them with red ink.

I'm sure you guys know that word!!

qpzmal and Nao Otosaka like this.
  2. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh memorials?

Aachiin0914 likes this.
  3. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Decree?

Aachiin0914 likes this.
  4. Kei-Em03

Kei-Em03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Im not mistaken, Edicts/Decree are the ones issued by the Emperor or in the name of the Emperor. I think these are marked by the red ink.

Memorials would be the ones from the Officials to the Emperor. The ones read by the Emperor daily containing various reports.

Narrator and Aachiin0914 like this.
  5. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 Full-time NEET✿

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice thanks!

As I thought, its just a simple word.

6. Narrator

Narrator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this