Help, my sister doesn't know what she's talking about!

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Ichigoeater, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm trying to find a manga in particular that my sister told me about. It's about a mage with strange colored eyes which people take to mean he's...demonic or something? But it actually means he's apt in magic. He saves the demon king's daughter from being killed by his compatriots and they tell him to go hide, as the demon king's death will mean people with his eye color will be the next targets of the kingdom. He goes off and sleeps for hundreds of years, but not before making a new young body. The girl he saved watched over him and acts as his caretaker when he wakes up as a child - still with the same eye color. The modern world no longer fears them, though. In fact, since the old magic was lost over the years, people see this eye color as meaning it's owners are weak. Of course, with a setting like this, he goes to magic school.

This is the synopsis she gave me, but she was pointing at "A Returner's Magic Should Be Special" when she was saying it. That manga is the complete opposite of this one, with a survivor of the apocalypse going back in time before the end of the world. She couldn't give me the right title.

The closest I've found to it is "The Unsuccessful Yet Academically Unparalleled Sage - A Cheating S Rank Sorcerer's Re-Birth Adventurer Log". While there is the demon king's daughter he saved as an infant, and he does grow old and pass on to reincarnate in the same world centuries later, there's nothing about eyes, him being ostracized, or anything. In fact, he's the exact opposite of the other protagonist in that he has lower compatibility than most for magic. It's only close enough to be suspiciously like a ripoff. Though, without knowing the other title in question, I can only wonder if the chicken or the egg came first.

Is this ringing anyone's bell? Though it sounds kind of generic and typical, it's rare for my sister to talk up something, so I thought I'd give it a try. Help?

Zeusomega likes this.
  2. Seishiro

Seishiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Reincarnation Magician Of The Inferior Eyes

maybe

3. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Elzio

Elzio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup reincarnation magician of inferior eyes

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite sure, but maybe The Reincarnation Magician Of The Inferior Eyes

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems to be the one. Thanks, you're good peeps!